Super Contributor

We will never forget.

Finally seeing some sun today. Have to go to the dentist. Ugh.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Thurs., 9/11/14

Good morning ladies. No we will never forget.

Raining today. Yesterday we went with friends to the RV show in Hershey. We left at 7 am and didn't get home till midnight. It was nice looking at all the campers even if they were out of our price range.

Monday I went to Penney's since I had a gift card to see if the bathing suit I had my eye on was reduced. Naturally there weren't any left so I went to Sephora. I purchased the new blemish foundation from BE. At 62 I shouldn't need it but unfortunately I still get some breakouts. I like the finish and actually got the right shade on my first try. I tried using the bare skin foundation again on Monday and still can't get it to work for me so that's the last time I will use it.

Bethee, I hope your dentist appointment isn't too unpleasant.

Have a good day everyone.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Hi ladies! Hot & humid here again. My grass is yellow crunch & my flowers have croaked. {#emotions_dlg.huh} I've been busy working, so I haven't been able to post as much. DD has started college, but is living at home. She's still working too! Her friend has been living with us for almost four months; she's working too! DS is now in high school & is doing good. He's very focused & determined to do well. Proud of my kids! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Bethee, I hope the dentist visit went well. I haven't been in years. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Went to my PCP though...told her my shoes weighed 40 lbs, but she didn't believe me.

sapphire, glad you had fun looking at the campers. I got the new blemish remedy foundation too. I really like it! My daughter tried it and wants her own jar now! I think I'm going to spring for the brush also. I wonder why BE used salicylic acid in this foundation instead of the active soil complex & sulfur in the blemish therapy?

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I need to help DS with his homework. He has to ask me questions as part of his assignment. BRB

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone. Not much going on here. Our garden is winding down. I am glad/sad/thankful. I have canned and frozen produce until the cows came home. I fretted about my tomatoes but had a bumper crop. I am now giving them away but they aren't going to last much longer.

Ugh...I'd rather face a firing squad than go to the dentist. Hope it was painless, Bethee!

I have finally reached a decision about Bare Skin. To get a shade that really looks natural I have to blend two colors. Price wise that is not worth it for me. I like it but not enough to keep doing that! So I am sticking with the Original foundation. I am a little intrigued by the Acne foundation but I have been mixing blemish therapy with my Original when I have breakouts and that works well for me. Keep us posted on how it works for you, Sapphire.

Hope things are going well for you, Love. Glad to hear that you are working. Sounds like both of your kids are doing well.

I read this forum every day but don't always post. I think about all of you when I read your posts. I just wish my life was a little more exciting to have something to say.

Super Contributor

Bethee, look what I found today at the supermarket. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

Love, you bad girl! Have you seen the pumpkin ones? I saw them on FB and people say they taste like a pumpkin scented candle. Have not seen either one of these. I saw the ones that have the orange-colored cream, though. Hope you're not working too hard. Good on the kids!

Dentist went well. New people in there, again. Ugh. New dentist with a funky name so they call her Dr. M. Said I needed a filling replaced, but I'm not going to go for that. It's not bothering me and if they keep on about it, I might go get a 2d opinion. DS has to get a tooth filled and he's not happy. The dental asst who 'polished' my teeth did such a quick job and sometimes she got more of my gum than teeth. I might have to say something. DS said the same thing.

Pls. pray for my neighbor. She found out this week she has ovarian cancer.

Hi, joy and hellokitty. Good to see you. Wish I knew how to can, etc. But so much work to garden and can. Joy, sounds like a good time but long day for you at the RV show. It's crazy how much some cost!

Starting to finally get some sun. We were supposed to get some rain yesterday but got a small, quick sprinkle. Going to the vineyard tonight as neighbor's band is playing. Hope it will stay nice. Supposed to get cooler and then rain for tomorrow. We need some rain.

Have a good weekend. Prayers.

Oh, anyone getting the TSV on Mon. I might. I'm going to be off Mon. and work Tues. instead as boss will be out most of the afternoon. I find using the bareSkin with no primer works best for me. I'll prob. order on a/d but will see how I like the first shipment as to whether I'd get more. Don't need it, that's for sure!

Super Contributor

Hi Bethee, I didn't see a daily chat for Friday or today, Saturday, so I'm posting here. Sending prayers for your neighbor. Life changes in the click of a switch. I'm glad the dentist visit wasn't anything major. I'm not into eating anything pumpkin, but do love the candles! I just bought a Yankee Candle Autumn Leaves and the new Apple Spice one. Going back for the Spiced Pumpkin because I got some good coupons!

It's suppose to rain sometime today, but still feels humid. Nothing too exciting going on. I've got errands and chores to do.

Glad the bareskin foundation is working for you. I'm not getting the TSV as I won't use the foundation. The bareskin pressed stuff in the compact (sorry, I forget the name) is really nice. I played with it in Sephora. That alone sells for $25 so the TSV is a good value.

Enjoy your weekend anyone who checks in, lurks...Kiss