Occasional Contributor

Help with Bare Skin foundation

Can someone give me advice on the Bare Skin serum foundation? I love the application and coverage however, shortly after application my skin shows every pore and wrinkle and I look much older. I have used with and without a primer. Any ideas? Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Help with Bare Skin foundation

Hi makeupmax. Sorry I can't help you since I can't get the bareskin foundation to work for me either. I only use 2 drops for my whole face and it settles in my pores and lines. I have also used it with and without primer. I may try just 1 drop next time but don't know how much coverage it will give. I hope someone can give us both some advice.

Trusted Contributor

I am in my 60s with really good skin. I wear and love Josie's Argan Tinted Moisturizer. I tried the Bare Skin foundation on in the store since I was curious and I know that the TSV will be coming up soon. After a while I looked at my skin. The side with Josie was flawless and the Bare Skin side showed all my pores. I also couldn't get a good color match with the Bare Skin. I wear Light 2 in Josie and it is a perfect match. I plan to never switch.

Respected Contributor

if it shows everything you are most likely using too much. Start with only 2 drops and dab on your face than blend all over. Don't use any primer at all. I use my normal serum(oil of olay regenerist microsculpture serum) lightly, let dry than put the dots on your face and blend.

I can get away with only 2 drops total, gives me a TM look while 3 drops is more of a foundation look but today being I have a bad cold, sore throat and bright red nose I used 4, face looks and feels like glass, very smooth and covered all my red spots from my cold but for normal every day use I will go with 3 most likely.

I also find my face looks a whole lot nicer using my real techniques expert face brush. I just put the drops on the top of that than dot on my face, cheeks, forehead and chin than blend using a circular motion.

I have dry skin and this is one of the few that doesn't seem to settle into or show up fine lines/wrinkles or pores so, hang in there and try other methods before giving up.

I wear/wore light in both the new Mally liquid(very nice but won't last very long and takes more to cover) and the IT CC cream foundation(made me look and feel like paste, too thick and too heavy for me) but for me this bare shell is a more perfect match for my skin plus I love the way my face looks and feels. Had I not gone into Ulta I would have ordered bare linen, no, too yellow on me but bare shell is perfect. So, try using less and no primer but do try a thin serum, let dry than use your new BE bareskin and see how that works.

let us know how this works

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help! I do only use 2 to at most 3 drops and it is beautiful at first. I will try serum underneath before I give up. Thanks! I have thought about trying it cosmetics. I didn't realize it was so heavy.

Trusted Contributor

I like the foundation, but hate the brush. I put it on with the brush but use an IT Cosmetics brush to blend. It's a shame BE came out with that horrible brush that is worthless in blending. Plus, the bristles are awful and get so matted down with the foundation, even after washing and cleaning, is still soiled.

I am interested in the Sephora exclusive powder foundation for acne prone skin. I'm going through my beginning of menopause and seem to break out on my chin a lot. The reviews so far say they like it better than the original BE. Sephora only has it right now. Also, saw where BE is putting out a new finishing cover to go directly with the new serum foundation since mineral veil doesn't look so good with it. It's called perfecting veil, I believe. Ulta has it, but not Sephora. Go figure.

Valued Contributor

MJFAN, the new perfecting veil is in the upcoming TSV. There is another thread that has a photo of the 7 piece kit.

Respected Contributor

bareMinerals bareSkin_Beauty Radiant 7-piece Collection Auto-Deliveyr This will be the upcoming TSV 9/15 and will be $54.98 for those interested and yes, the new perfecting veil is in this. I think this is a fantastic price considering at Ulta(or most places) the foundation itself is $29 and the brush is $28 and the new perfecting veil is $25 plus here you not only get those 3 but a very nice blush(vintage carnation, a very soft rose) as well and a very neutral shadow(brown cinnamon, light brown with a shimmer, not glittery at all) as well as a new color lip moxie gloss(natural beauty, also sort of a rosy color). You also get the double ended brush for both the blush and the eye shadow.

I use my real techniques expert face brush to apply this foundation putting the drops right on the tip of that brush. This works fantastic and my brush feels like new when finished unlike when I use my IT CC cream foundation, brush is cakey and solid as well as very hard to clean.

I will say I am not crazy about the lip moxie, stays very tacky on me. I prefer the lipstick in the newer Mally TSV that had her new liquid foundation in, one that comes in a compact but is a liquid. I prefer that lipstick to this moxie. That one also has a very nice soft brown shadow in plus her(Mally) volumizing mascara, new navy/black eye liner(nice color) and a very nice under the eye concealer although it isn't just a concealer, makes your eyes look very well rested if you didn't get enough sleep, nice look and will last a super long time since it doesn't take much at all.

I will say I really like both of these kits and went on AD for both as I did the IT kit but cancelled that one after using the CC cream foundation a few times. My face felt tacky, foundation felt heavy, felt like I had a mask on and I didn't use much. After using it 3 times the brush was very hard to get clean and was all pasted together so, that isn't for me.

While I really like the new Mally liquid foundation in the compact I know it won't last very long, takes more to use but is very nice once you get use to it, just a matter of opinion but I really like both but prefer this new BE bareskin foundation more but love everything else in the Mally TSV too.

Occasional Contributor

I tried this foundation in a Boutique and I also thought it settled in my pores, and that was immediately after applied - and we used BE primer! I wanted to like it, but it just looked weird on me. It looked cakey as soon as she put it on, so no good for me - maybe it depends what type of skin you have?

Not applicable

This is what I figured out. 1. No primer 2. No moisturizer 3. Start with one drop let dry then another if you need it 4. Apply blush or Luminizer to ""bare Skin"". No powder in between. 5. Finish with veil of choice. I have hot flashes and it would seem to melt off. Since I started this I'm good. Actually the bare skin has improved my skin.