Trusted Contributor

New Bareminerals radiant kit - any online swatches/reviews yet?

The kit is called "bareminerals Bareskin Beauty" and below that it says "radiant 7-piece collection". I cannot find any online reviews with swatches or YouTube video of the kit. Mine arrived today and I love the foundation, brushes, and pressed veil. That is going right into my purse, as I do not yet own a pressed mineral veil! But I'm unsure about the lipgloss, eyeshadow and blush. They look similar to items at I own, and I'm contemplating listing them on Ebay. However, I'd love to see them swatched first because I'm easy to convince Smiley Happy anyone aware of a beauty blogger who has reviewed this kit yet? Wen I google "bareskin beauty", it seems to be something used frequently in a more general context and not specific to this kit. A I'd like to check blogger sites directly and can't think of any of the bloggers who commonly review BM products (musings of a muse is the one I thought of, but no review yet). Thanks!
Regular Contributor

Re: New Bareminerals radiant kit - any online swatches/reviews yet?

I've been looking for them too. I thought about getting the kit and doing a review but I don't have it yet! I'll let you know if I do!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/25/2014 haleypie said:

I've been looking for them too. I thought about getting the kit and doing a review but I don't have it yet! I'll let you know if I do!

. Thank you! I think that you may be the first swatches out there if you do! I cannot for the life of me tell whether the shadow is something I need. It looks really wearable but I have so many neutral browns I can't really see this as being that much better or even different.
Respected Contributor

My BE radiant TSV came today, LOVE IT! I put my serum, OOO microsculpture serum, on than followed the instructions the 2 sales clerks at Ulta said to do. I shook it really good, very important both said, than put only 2 drops on, dabbed on both cheeks than forehead than using that same brush I put the foundation on all over using a circular motion. This is more than a TM, like my own face/skin only a whole lot better. Thsi doesn't settle into or show up fine lines or pores. My face feels like silk, almost like glass it is so smooth.

Shell is perfect for me, 100% perfect match. I used the bamboo umber shadow(light cinnamon brown with just a hint of shimmer, not glitter) with the shadow brush, very nice, used the powder blush, vintage carnation,(very natural color, very soft rose) using the tapered blush brush, also very nice, good color for most I would say. I put the moxie lip gloss on(Natural Beauty, says soft garnet), but is a nice color for most, sort of a very soft raspberry/rose. This is tingly and a bit tacky but is a good color and does look nice.

I used everything in this 7 pc. kit other than the mineral veil. I didn't want to spoil the look just in case the powder mineral veil doesn't look good on me. Before I wash it off at bedtime though I will try the mineral veil so I know what it is like and if I like it or not BUT, I really don't need anything on this foundation at all, is super perfect for me exactly the way it is.

This will or should also last me 3 months like they said using only 2 drops a day. If you have something to conceal I would use 3 drops but no more to start with and see how you like it. I LOVE IT!

My face isn't at all tacky/sticky like with some foundations although I can't say if you were to use a lot of this but you really don't need a lot. My face looks very natural, can't see where I stopped or started at the jawline so color is perfect like they said. I am very glad I went to Ulta and had them both help so much, very helpful and I am very appreciative.

So, while I said I love the new Mally, I love this a whole lot more and so much so I may order another on AD when it airs and cancel the AD for my Mally as well as my AD for the IT. That is how much I really love this one.

I will use it again tomorrow of course and see if I still feel the same although I don't know why I wouldn't.

Like the clerks at Ulta said, shake shake shake and use only 2 drops to start with and no more than 3 till you see how it is for you.

I am glad you get all new brushes with each shipment, great, very good deal, excellent deal.

I got Fair in both the last new Mally TSV her new liquid foundation, in a compact as well as the newer IT CC foundation, both in fair and while I could have used a tad deeper fair worked well but this Bare Shell is perfect. I have a light to medium light complexion. Regular medium is way too dark for me.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for your review

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review, doglover3. Did you use a primer? If so, which?

Respected Contributor

no, didn't use a primer and none is needed. I used a serum, my OOO serum(microsculpture serum) and that is all. You really don't need a primer, little bit of moisturizer if you are dry or your favorite serum, that's it. Just go easy the first time you use this, doesn't take much at all and always better to use less than add more than to use too much to start with. I did only 2 drops and that did it for me. If I would need more it wouldn't be more than 3 drops tops and that's only if I don't get enough sleep and need a bit more under the eye area but didn't today, 2 drops was perfect for me.

I really really love this whole kit although I didn't use the MV but did use everything else and everything else that I used is nice, works well for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Bethee said:

Thanks for the review, doglover3. Did you use a primer? If so, which?

I don't have this kit, but do have the foundation. I have found it looks better without a primer. It covers well, but I find it cakes up a bit after a few hours. I wonder since it is necessary to shake it before application if it eventually separates back out on the skin.

Respected Contributor

I have had it on for over 14 hours yesterday, no problems with caking or anything. I find it works best without a primer as well.

Today I tried as the one sales clerk at Ulta said to try, is what she does. I too have a Real Techniques expert face brush as she said she uses so today I thought, why not try as she suggested. I shook well than today after seeing how small those 2 drops were I put 3 tiny drops on the tip of my real techniques expert face brush than dabbed some on both cheeks, forehead, nose and chin than using a circular motion I applied this new foundation, worked like a charm.

While I like both brushes for me anyway I feel better using my real techniques expert face brush when applying this but the brush that comes with it is very nice as well. Maybe I am just use to using my RT EFB don't know but both work well. I just think for me I am so use to my RT brush but will most likely alternate when I wash one.

Just wanted to post an update after using my RT EFB with 3 tiny drops(little more coverage and all I need) , covered very well, face is so smooth and so natural looking and not at all sticky/tacky like when I use my IT CC cream foundation. No matter how little I use in that my face stays tacky and talk about cleaning the brush, WOW, super hard to get all that IT CC cream out of the brush, very hard to clean. After using this my RT EFB still feels as soft as before I used it.

While I still like the new Mally liquid in the compact in no way does that compare with this which is much easier to use, much quicker and will last a whole lot longer than the Mally liquid in the compact will that's for sure.

So, very happy camper here.

Super Contributor

Thanks. I have used the tinted, neutralizing and brightening primer with the bareSkin. Not sure which I like better. Or none at all. Two drops for most of my face and one to go across forehead and around does it for me, too, usually.