Super Contributor

I tried something that feels pretty good

My skin just hasn't been really good lately. I decided ok, I'll try the Night time treatment on AD again and see what happens. But, I have to figure out how to do this as my skin is a bit drier now. Ok, so I don't want to get the dry skin itches. I put the Night treatment powder on and put four drops of JM Argan Oil in my palm and patted down my skin directly afterward. I swear I could feel this drawing sensation like the pores where shrinking a bit immediately. Hard to explain but it was nice, really feels fantastic. I'm off to bed to let it do its stuff but I had to share this with you guys. I'm kind of coming back to BE now if I can get what I need like this and not be too dry. Wow!

Super Contributor

Re: I tried something that feels pretty good

Glad you found something you like. Keep us updated.

Trusted Contributor

I've been doing this for a while with good results. Also is very soothing on blemishes if you use less argon oil and make it more paste like.
Super Contributor

That's great....I use to put moisturizer with night treatment and the next day my face felt and looked flawless.....I'm now dealing with dry skin and it's been hard on me because I've always had oily skin....I've been using Maracuja oil and a friend sent me posh for dry skin.....then I tried the new TULA kit....it's great for dry skin....then I use my MV......
Super Contributor

I'm going to keep doing it say two or three times a week at least. I love the way my skin is feeling. I was doing exactly that, making it just about four drops of Argan oil and patting it into the skin. Night Treatment went first. Neat trick!

Honored Contributor

Please Please Tell me why you want to escape CA soon?

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I was asked that once before and it got zapped. I wasn't rude or using profanity and it got zapped so if I do this I hope nobody will attempt to zap me.

Okay. First the highest taxes in the country. I can also no longer take the intense heat in the summer months. I'm originally from Washington State. For what I am paying for a one bedroom apartment in a Los Angeles suburb I can rent a three bedroom house in a small town in Wisconsin. Next, I am a divorced female with no living relatives that are shall we just say "law abiding citizens." Its become very dangerous for a single woman on her own here in Los Angeles. Especially with no family. I'll skip the story I told last time I was asked but lets just say women in Los Angeles that are alone are just not safe. Its a more self involved City area and state than ever. I moved here from Washington State in 1983 and its much, much worse. A lady I know in my building had passed away and nobody even knew she was in the hospital until her rent had come due and the landlord had to get the police to look for her. I don't want that to be me. There are smaller towns in other states where the neighbors will knock on your door and check on you if they don't see you for a few days. Where if there is a storm someone will knock and see if you have alternative lighting. Not very many people even talk in my building. I think I've only had two neighbors say hi to me in passing in the last few months. You try to be nice and they look at you like "What do you want?"

That is why I'm gladly escaping California very, very soon. I have to keep telling myself it will be soon. I'm just working a couple of things to finish before leaving.

Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:
On 8/19/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I was asked that once before and it got zapped. I wasn't rude or using profanity and it got zapped so if I do this I hope nobody will attempt to zap me.

Okay. First the highest taxes in the country. I can also no longer take the intense heat in the summer months. I'm originally from Washington State. For what I am paying for a one bedroom apartment in a Los Angeles suburb I can rent a three bedroom house in a small town in Wisconsin. Next, I am a divorced female with no living relatives that are shall we just say "law abiding citizens." Its become very dangerous for a single woman on her own here in Los Angeles. Especially with no family. I'll skip the story I told last time I was asked but lets just say women in Los Angeles that are alone are just not safe. Its a more self involved City area and state than ever. I moved here from Washington State in 1983 and its much, much worse. A lady I know in my building had passed away and nobody even knew she was in the hospital until her rent had come due and the landlord had to get the police to look for her. I don't want that to be me. There are smaller towns in other states where the neighbors will knock on your door and check on you if they don't see you for a few days. Where if there is a storm someone will knock and see if you have alternative lighting. Not very many people even talk in my building. I think I've only had two neighbors say hi to me in passing in the last few months. You try to be nice and they look at you like "What do you want?"

That is why I'm gladly escaping California very, very soon. I have to keep telling myself it will be soon. I'm just working a couple of things to finish before leaving.

Thank you so much for answering! It's a shame it's turned out like that. We go to CA to visit with my parents in Indian Wells. Hot Hot Hot! No one is outside enjoying their yards. Everyone goes straight from the garage to their car and they're gone.

Where I'm from it's different. You see your neighbors all the time, most of the year. You can even hear people laughing inside their homes. My neighbor last night had a card game going (about 4 ladies in their 80's) They were laughing so loud I was afraid the (seasonal) street cop was going to knock on her door for a noise violation!

I wish you well and hope you get out of Dodge soon. There are many great places to go. Even in California.....maybe it's just your particular area. Be safe!

Trusted Contributor

You might want to check out the Poor rating of the BM night treatment on beautypedia. Here's an excerpt:

There is no substantiated research proving that minerals, whether concentrated or not, exfoliate skin or have any effect on pore size. Any perceived reduction in pore size from using this product is solely from its reflective quality and natural opacity, the same as any other powder foundation. It can work to temporarily fill in large pores, but when it’s washed off any potential benefit is washed away at the same time.

In fact, all of the BM skincare products have Poor ratings on beautypedia. I've used BM products for years, and do like the eye shadows and mascara. Even though they don't include a lot of the bad ingredients, their lip products and skin care contain many irritants. You'd probably be better off with just the argan oil.