Super Contributor

Morning. Tired. Got home from PA around lunch; went to funeral home for just a short time to see my friend and family, and her brother who was in my sis' class. I think the brother was really close to the father, felt they were best friends. What a nice tribute to a parent. Going to rain some; temps still cooler than normal. So glad it was cooler up there, too, as no A/C and I can't stand the heat. It was good to see the family. Hopefully the new unit at the office is working. That was a nightmare, boss said. I think we are moving this week, or at least some things. Not sure electric will be officially switched over. We'll see. Makes me tired thinking of packing and moving. She has LOTS of books, big old thick ones. Ugh.

Hope all are well and had a good weekend. Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Mon., 8/11/14

Good morning! We have been on vacation so I am way out of the loop. I'll try to catch up with the chats to see what I missed. Bethee, moving is never fun. Prayers for A/C, quick packing and getting the new office set up.... Supposed to rain today. School starts next week. ..... Prayers for eyeryone. I hope that you all have a wonderful day!
Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Another warm day today. Probably getting rain tonight and tomorrow at least.

Bethee, glad you had a good trip. Sorry you had to come home for such a sad time.

Karin, hope you had a great vacation. Where did you go?

Pretty slow around here, wish more folks would stop by.

Have a good night everyone.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hi, ladies. Tired, too. Another go-round with younger brother, and the sad thing is that he's not 100% wrong, but he's close to 95%. It's so hard to talk to him, and he can't understand why. Won't go into it, but I'm tired of it. All because I was dumb enough to offer to help him, and he didn't listen to me at the beginning. So now when I tell him what I said then, he claims it's all new to him and I'm changing things. Ugh.

Karin, where'd you go?

Bethee, I'm sure your friends appreciated you coming to the funeral home. Don't wear yourself out with the moving, and be careful of your eyes!

Sapphire, we're supposed to get rain, too. Good thing so it can water the grass seed!

I have to go to Pittsburgh for work Wed - Fri, so probably won't check in. I'll try tomorrow before I have to get ready.

Hugs all around!

Super Contributor

Hi Ladies. I was just reading the sad news about Robin Williams. May he rest in peace. Sounds like he had been depressed. I'm 41 but still remember Mork and Mendy. I think that's how they spelled it along with the many other shows and movies. It's just so sad. ........... To answer the question:we went to Tennessee. Kingsport, Johnson City, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. My mom and step father live in Kingsport so we were mostly there. DD and I did the Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg thing to do some tax-free school shopping. It was fun but a really hot day( and beyond crowded). We got great deals and had some fun hanging out. DS stayed with my mom. He is 9. I knew better than to try to take him. It was a long day...... I need to brag- not sure if BEHab is up today. I skipped the Glamour Now that was to ship a couple of weeks ago! I saw the colors and decided that I just wasn't crazy about them. The beautiful Michael Kors bag I bought made me forget all about more makeupSmiley Wink........ Sapphire, we have had rain and mild thunder on and off all day. Really been humid. Hope you don't get too much rain...... Catstamper, sorry for your frustration with your brother. Hopefully whatever he is having trouble with is resolved soon so maybe you won't have to talk to him as much. Safe travels for your trip. Hope the weather is nice. .... Have a wonderful evening.
Super Contributor

Cat, sorry about the bro. Hard to know when to stop helping. Yes, have a safe trip. Karin, I hate crowds; but I've heard good things about Pigeon Forge area. Oh, yes, sad about Robin Williams. I liked to watch Mork & Mindy, too (had to look up the spelling!). We had rain today and supposed to thru tomorrow, then be nice. Hope it gets outta here early tomorrow b/c our county fair is going on this week. Plus, it's grocery day. Ugh!

Night.