Super Contributor

Morning. Well, our hot water heater is on the fritz. REALLY hot water on Sun. Warm for me Mon. a.m., but DS didn't have hot water and didn't tell us. So, everything had to come out of the pantry b/c the stupid builder put it behind a panel in the pantry (under the steps so hardly any room there) and DH opened panel and had to reset it. I guess there's a fuse on it. Well, we heard it heating up. Really hot water again this a.m. for DH and DS, but I don't think I've heard it heat up. So, called the plumber and I hope I don't have to sit around waiting all day. Was going to go to grocery store, but after seeing all the food in the pantry, I shouldn't!! I do need some eggs, bread, and a few other things, so we'll see.

Brisk 52 this a.m. I'm having to let out neighbor's dog in the a.m. b/c DS goes into work too early. I'll have to make him take me out to eat w/the money they left for dog sitting!!

I did get a watch battery and thought it was a little expensive @ almost $11. But, gotta have it. Cat, glad you had a good kayak trip.

Prayers.

Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Tues., 7/29/14

Good morning! Sorry to hear about your hot water heater, Bethee. It just seems like we get one thing fixed and another one breaks!!

We are going to get our granddaughter and keep her for a couple of days. I hope we have enough to keep her busy. She wanted to help can but I don't have anything! We got torrential rains Sunday and the garden is a muddy mess. We have some tomatoes but not enough to do anything with but eat.

It is 52 as I type this. I don't miss the hot, hot, hot. This is my kind of summer. Cooler with a few hot days mixed in to remind me that it is summer!! The National Weather Service for our area says that we could be in for a milder, dryer winter and after last winter that is ok by me!!

Kayaking??? Sounds like fun, cat!

Hello to all who follow.

Super Contributor

Good morning ladies. Quite cool again this morning. Below average temperatures predicted all this week.

Bethee, sorry to hear about the water heater. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the plumber.

Cat, sounds like you had fun kayaking. We talked about getting kayaks but with my shoulders I don't know if I could do it and I really wouldn't want to get a two person one. Maybe we will have to rent a couple of them sometime to try it out. Also I'm sure the auto store would put the new battery in my van, but heaven forbid I don't get the one DH thinks is best. Even though last time we needed new batteries for the motor home I was the one to go and get them.

Hellokitty, enjoy your time with your GD. How old is she? Did she want to help you in the garden?

Have a great day everyone.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Well repair guy just left. Bottom element not working. Top coated w/lime (bottom one, too). Replaced both thermostats and elements. He scraped out as much lime as he could. We have such hard water here. Hopefully this will last a good while now.

Valued Contributor

Evening, ladies. Bethee, that stinks about the water heater. Bummer! We've at least twice had one go up while under warranty, which annoys the plumber, but good for me. Doesn't sound like that will be the case with you, sorry!

It was 75 when I got out this morning, and stayed right about there all day. I don't mind the cooler weather, but hope it's nice and warm when we go to the beach in Sept. We've had rotten weather the last couple of years, and I want a nice time.

Hellokitty, we just have green tomatoes. Nothing ready to eat yet.

Sapphire, if you think you'd like kayaking, find somewhere near you that does kayak trips and go on one. That way you've got a kayak to use, somebody who knows what they're doing to show you, and a good day. If you find that your shoulders aren't up to it, you can always rent them for an hour or so at state parks, and then you just have a little bit. It's so relaxing! The places we go are so pretty and so quiet. Even if there are people around, if you go somewhere that doesn't allow motor boats, the little out-of-the-way coves are just so peaceful. I hope the weather is good so we can go back to the place we went last weekend.

Hugs all around. Think of me tomorrow lunchtime. I'm meeting Dad with our contractor at annoying brother's house to get estimates on the work that needs to be done there. He (younger brother) had better behave himself and not be an *ss!

Super Contributor

Good luck tomorrow, Cat.

Hey, I got a scam call today from someone saying they worked for Windows and that my computer was downloading malicious software, etc. Needed to check some things, etc., and that my computer so infected he needed to remotely take over and fix it. I said NO. Be mindful and hang up on these creeps. Awful.