Super Contributor

Morning. Looks like a nice week, in the 80s and then 50s. I think we missed storms last night after being under a tornado watch till 3a. Need to see about getting a watch battery, ugh.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Mon., 7/28/14

Good morning ladies. Cool this morning. Only going to be in the 70's most of this week. They were predicting severe storms for us last night but all we got was a little rain at 5 o'clock this morning.

Bethee, good luck getting a battery for your watch. I have 3 watches that need batteries but since the only time I ever wore a watch was when I was working it's not at the top of my list. I probably should get one of them working at least for going out.

Getting ready to do some running around. I need more laundry detergent and bleach and softener. Need a new battery for the van too but if DH isn't going with me that will have to wait. Can't lift it.

All those gardens sound great. I don't can either but I used to make tomato sauce and freeze it. Now I just want enough tomatoes for tomato and mayo sandwiches.

Have a great day everyone.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Mon., 7/28/14

Hi, ladies. I have a couple of watches that need batteries, too. I hope to take care of it when I work from home on Wed.

Sapphire, can't the auto supply store put the battery in for you? I don't remember the last time I got a battery, but I know they put it in, got rid of the old one, cleaned up the contacts, all that.

I've got a bunch of green tomatoes, some squash blossoms, and some teeny-tiny beans. We've eaten a couple of jalapenos. I got some amazing peaches at the local farmstand the other day. I love fresh local peaches. Yum!

Bethee, we had a nasty, loud storm last night. It woke me up just a little bit after I got to sleep, after doing laundry too late, as usual. Oh, well, it was worth it. I went kayaking with my kayaking friend at a state park near Harrisburg. Gorgeous! We were out way longer than usual, and I was wiped out when I got home, but such a gorgeous day!

Hugs, ladies!