Super Contributor

Morning. Sigh.

Going to be hotter today w/storms tomorrow. Not sure what's on tap today, probably nothing. If I may, prayers for BIL, he's applied for a new job and I hope he gets it. Thanks.

Have a good weekend.

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat, Sat., 7/26/15

Hi Ladies. It's hot here too. Yesterday was warm and nice. Today, just hot. Prayers for BIL. Hope your vision is improving. I'm just doing things around the house today. DH got home from work and is cutting grass now. I have watched some of the Skinn shows on another channel. He has some great kit prices. It's his 6th anniversary. One kit had a blush, mascara, two lipsticks, two glosses and an eyeliner for $18 and change. Got one for DD........ I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers.
Super Contributor

Good evening ladies. Been quite cool here. Only 47 degrees yesterday morning, a little warmer this morning but cloudy and cool all day. Probably rain tomorrow.

Bethee, I hope your BIL gets the job. I know it's tough around here to find any decent jobs. Most of the better paying jobs around here have gone. The place I retired from closed after about 50 years.

Cat I have never seen any of the National Lampoon movies. I will take your word for it that it was something funny.

My sister and her family arrived at Walt Disney world safely. Hope they have good weather for the next two weeks.

Have a good night everyone.

Prayers

Valued Contributor

Hello!!! I know this is Sunday but I thought I'd put my two cents worth in today. I have been busy canning and freezing for the winter.

We had a nice vacation in OK and I am relieved to know my new son in law is not an axe murderer!!! He is wonderful.

Yesterday the neighbor brought over three kittens about 4 weeks old that they had trapped under their house. Her husband does not like cats. They were going to try and trap the mother and bring her over as well. Those kittens were so sweet. We put them in an old litter box we had cleaned and retired and set them out so mom could find them. Sure enough they were gone this morning but if mom never came back DH and I were going to raise them and keep them.

Our tomatoes have been slow to turn but now they are and if they cooperate I can get them canned and this year's garden will be history. We are under a slight risk for severe storms today so I hope they don't happen.

Haven't had any newness but trying to shop my stash. There is a Josie TSV coming up that I am interested in but will have to see how the cash flow is before I order. I still love my BE but want to try Josie.

Blessings to all of you and I will try to write more when the garden winds down.

Contributor

Happy Sunday BE beauties!

Bethee, prayers for your eyes and BIL new job

karin, let us know if DD likes the Skinn products

sapphire, that National Lampoon movie was funny. wishing for good weather for your DS

hellokitty, my tomatoes have been slow to turn also and on some plants there are just a few tomatoes and no new flowers. My garden is feeling the effects of no bees. There are fewer bees this year than last year. I am going to let 1 of my basil plants go to flower to try and attract more bees. I saw one yesterday on the ground in the garden - it looked like it was sick, crawling (slowly) on the ground. I scooped it up and put it on a plant. Hope it lived. I planted what I thought was zucchini but is really cucuzzi. It is a squash plant and the veggie is very long, green, and fuzzy. I don't know if I'll like the taste, because I really don't like what it smells like in the garden. Gave one to my neighbor to cook. If she doesn't like it I may pull it all out - it is growing everywhere, up, and around all my other plants and into the neighbor's yard!

Hi to all others who stop in today!

Valued Contributor

Finch...we have been lucky enough to have a few bees. We also plant all kinds of flowers and milkweed to attract them. cucuzzi! ugh. that sounds like a disease of some kind!

My dear, sweet MIL NOT! gave us some ornamental gourds last year to decorate. I forgot and threw them into the side garden and this invasive squash plant almost took over the garden. It was the ornamental gourds. DH pulled them out and threw them away. After that our tomatoes started going to town.

We had a horrible storm with about 2 1/2 inches of rain and hard hitting hail a couple of hours ago. In between storms DH went out and inspected the tomatoes, roof, cars...and all was well. I have never seen anything like that in a long time.

Missed seeing you this year Bethee but we went west instead of to the reunion.

Well I had better move on out of here. I canned 11 pints of kosher dills today and I am all caught up with canning for a day or so.

Take care everybody!

Super Contributor

Evening, ladies. Part of me is jealous of your garden and all your goodies, but then I'm not b/c I know it's a lot of work. I don't know how to can or anything. Guess I'll support my local food/farmers and buy local at the farmers' markets around. Would like to get some good green beans and corn. Sometimes my boys eat corn, sometimes they don't. I spent a lot of time today making and baking ham loaf. Then only 2 of the males ate it and then spent only about 2 min. @ the table. Tomorrow, they can pick a left over and heat it up themselves!

I missed you, too, hellokitty. Glad you got to spend time with your family and meet the new SIL. That is very important! We are in for storms tonight, too. Hope they won't be too bad. Send that stuff on north of us, pls!!

Prayers.