Super Contributor

Daily Chat *Wednesday July 9 2014*

Good morning ladies. Weather is just going to be a repeat of the past two days.

Bethee, hope your recovery is going well. Prayers continue for great results.

V, hope your GD is feeling better. Sorry your DD and SIL are being like that, especially after all you have done for them. Your GC will know the truth as they get a little older.

Hi Karin, Cat and Love. Hope you are all doing well.

Hi to everyone else who stops by. Have a good day.

Prayers

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Chat *Wednesday July 9 2014*

Morning. Guess I need to try to do some catch up reading.

Surgery went well, I think. It's the waiting and prep that's a pain, and the IV hurt like the dickens. Had to be there Mon. @ 7:30 but didn't get taken to pre-op till after 9. DH said they called him about 11:05 that I was in OR. I think it was 12:20 or 12:30 when I was in recovery. Couldn't find DH to tell him! Finally he came but didn't have my clothes, so had to wait for him to go to his office and get. Men! Anyway, got out of there and went to get a bite to eat. Then to hotel for some rest. We went to this place that on Mondays has a $5 steak night and proceeds benefit a different charity ea. week. It was really good. My post op was ok. Eye looked fairly decent considering. Can't see a think out of it at present. That's to be expected for a week to 10 days. Hopefully it will be better so I can get to work next week. It was wild that during surgery I could "see" what they were doing. Outline of the light and instruments in there. Could tell when they injected the fluid to check the membranes in eye, and when they sucked out the gel/fluid. Could see when they had the pincher instrument in there to try to get the layer of inflammation off; could see when they got a piece of it. Doc said they couldn't get it all safely without worrying about tearing retina.

Yesterday was post-op check with surgeon for left eye and saw other doc for right eye. He put numbing drop in to check pressure which was a bit low, but he wanted that. Then the tech came and did the regular work up and dilating right eye. After that I went back out to waiting room to dilate and wait for doc and I could feel my face getting hot. When I got back to the room, the doc commented on how red my face and neck were. So, not sure what that was. Surgeon doc said maybe reaction to anesthesia. Back on the 60 mg of steroids so that helped with that. Course, woke @ about 4:10am and didn't really go back to sleep. A nap in is my near future!

Chance of rain here all week. Hope everyone is doing well.

Prayers.

Super Contributor

Bethee so happy to hear your news....I'm still praying for a speedy recovery now....but it sounds weird to be able to see what they were doing....But most of all you made it through the hard part...take care...

Hey sapphire...I do hope they get your RV fixed soon...my van is still in the shop...stay safe during the storms....

Cat...I will try to come in more often....with all that is going on it's a little hard to come in and be cheerful....

Karin...thank you for your kind words....that means so much to me...

Today I go to Dr for a BP check...they increased it last Wed....leg is fine...but I have to wear compression knee highs when I'm up...so Dr said basically all day until I go to bed....I feel like I'm falling apart.....even my Dr said last week ""you have so many health issues"".....but still manage to step out of the box and try to go on.....

Hey to all who enter in today....

Prayers for Bethee's recovery....

Prayers for all in need and their families.....

Super Contributor

Bethee, glad to see you. Ugh, being able to see everything they were doing. That had to be weird and kind of scary. Hope after all that it does what it is supposed to do. Make sure you do get a nap and don't over do it.

Think I over did the cleaning this morning. Just took pain pills and am going to go sit in my zero gravity chair for awhile.

Prayers

Hey V, we were posting at the same time. You don't have to be cheerful all the time. Come and vent, it's not good to keep it all inside. We did get our motor home back after 7 weeks, now it's my van that has to go into the garage. Hope you get yours back soon.