Super Contributor

Bare Minerals Original Eye Shadow

I went on qvc and bare minerals looking for my two favorite shades ( taupe which was a grayish brown and fog- a gorgeous gray ) I can only use BE on my eye due to treatment of eye cancer ( every other brand makes the treated eye react badly) , if you can think of a BE shade that may be close to these two it would be greatly appreciated. I also noticed that chenille and demure are no longer available.

Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Original Eye Shadow

LoveShelties, I am not sure what shades may be similar to your favorites. It's never fun to find replacements for a beloved favorite. If you are a member of Mineral Madness, you could ask the ladies there. They seem to really help each other. ..... I just want to wish you a long and healthy life. I hope that you are over whatever treatments you may have needed. Have a wonderful day.
Trusted Contributor

Do you live near a BE outlet? They have a lot of discontinued shades available. I also believe you can call them and they will ship.
Valued Contributor

Do you live near an Outlet or can you call one? A month or so ago I was to an outlet and they had tons of shadows that have been discontinued or from kits 3 for $15. I know most outlets ship and if you call them they will be happy to tell you what's on special and if they have the eye shadow you want in stock..

Honored Contributor

If you can't find what you are looking for, you might want to check out "Jane Iredale's" eyeshadows.

I also have had eye problems (not cancer) and her shadows work well for me.

Occasional Contributor

A252020 is a nice set

Includes:

• 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Shell, a soft peach shade
  • 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Sand, a soft caramel shade
  • 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Fog, a soft smoke shade
  • 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Coconut, a soft mushroom shade
  • 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Sea, a soft denim shade
  • 0.02-oz Eyecolor in Velvet Wildflower, a soft plum shade

otherwise, I always check the ebay auction site.

Honored Contributor

BE discontinued my beloved Demure (matte pink) and Nude Beach Matte (matte gray that was only available in a kit, the Nude Beach available now is a glimmer of some sort).

I was able to find both on eBay by doing a search and saving it so that it alerts me whenever my colors pop up.

I swoop in and buy all that are available so that I have a stash to take with me when the zombie take over the earth ;o)

Good luck!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I went to the mall and stock up on the original eye shadows. Thanks so much for all your help, I truly appreciate it.

Super Contributor

I have so so many pots as well, I have a neighbor that has been looking for work for a while now, I invited her over and let her choose as many shades as she wanted, I just wanted to give her a little boost. When she left my home she was a happy camper!!!!

Contributor

Hello LoveShelties, Hate when my favorites are discontinued! Sorry for what you are going through but glad you posted. Your colors sound beautiful. These new 5 in 1 shadows in a tube with applicator seem great and have colors that may work if you want to check them. I'd buy a true Taupe, maybe they will bring it back. Was Fog from a set?

As others mentioned, sometimes BE outlets carry discontinued items and will send them to you. I did locate an item once. Didn't end up ordering but was glad to know this. Trying to remember whether they were able to search nationally which stores did have what I was looking for... There is also E bay. If not there now it is likely to show up at some point. For something like sealed eye shadow that doesn't spoil, I'd feel comfortable.

Also you can contact Leslie Blodgett through her facebook page. She may even have your items, in the vault, as she says. And letting her know is always a good idea. Enough requests for something, maybe they'll bring it back. She should be able to help.

Good Luck Smiley Happy