New Contributor

Is it just me, or are Bare Minerals products different?

I order the primer and the concealer and the last few a/d shipments have been so weird. The primer is all watery and the pump doesn't work and it doesn't go on nice and smooth like it used to. It just pills up all over my face and basically rubs off all my moisturizer underneath and I end up having to wash my face again and start all over. I haven't changed any of my moisturizer products. But the consistency of this primer has been terrible the past few bottles. And it's getting more and more expensive!!!! I love how QVC never notifies you of price and shipping increases. $7 for shipping a tiny 1oz bottle is ridiculous. And whenever I try to check my history of orders, the webpage conveniently has an error. Also, the concealer, cakes on all icky and has a different color than it used to. In fact, the color will change as the day goes on. So, if it looks ok in the morning, by the time I come home, or even as I touch up throughout the day, I will notice these pasty pink splotches on my face from the concealer! What is happening to this makeup line? When they were first introduced 10+ years ago, they were fabulous. I didn't break out, my skin and makeup looked great. And now it's like they got greedy and cheap and pulled a bait and switch and use bad ingredients. I need to find some new makeup. Thanks for reading my vent, everyone Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or are Bare Minerals products different?

I have been using BE since 2001. I find that it's more drying on me than before. I am in my late 40's and my skin is drier (and I live in a dry climate), but lately I notice that the original minerals can get blotchy on my skin and looks obvious after a few hours. I think the Mineral Veil is drier than it used to be, too. I have tried the new serum foundation and am liking the look, but finding it hard to color match just yet. The finish is much smoother and less drying, but I don't like the application, very tedious with that useless brush. Plus, it's hard to get out of the bottle, which wastes a lot of time in the morning.

I think when they sold BE it changed considerably. I don't like it when they stop making certain items that I used religiously that worked in the line. I have been trying Tarte and It Cosmetics to see if I like them better. But, they are all about the same price unfortunately.

Vent all you need to. That's what the forum is for. Welcome!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Seems like all of the "old" QVC stand-bys of good products change a lot when they are sold. I quit using BE before they were sold though. Also, Philosophy's quality seems to be down too. Newer fragrance purchases (and shower gels) have little scent. I think I'll use what I have and move on.

New Contributor

Thanks for the replies, ladies. It is so true. Why fix what isn't broken? The mineral veil always makes me break out. In fact, most of the BE products cause me to break out now. Maybe I'll head to walmart today. I'm sick of spending so much money on pricey cosmetics that use pretty much the same ingredients as the drugstore brands. I was reading lip gloss ingredients the other day at Ulta, same things. Exactly. Gotta be a reason why celebrities endorse Revlon and Cover Girl, etc and not the higher end cosmetics, right? Anyways, I'm going to cancel all my A/D BE. It's just not worth my skin breaking out all the time and the color changes. Photos look terrible. My face is a completely different color than my neck! It's bizarre.
Super Contributor

Yes---ever since she sold the company...

Valued Contributor

I haven't noticed a difference because most of my foundations, MV's etc are from older kits before the company was sold. I shouldn't have to buy any more loose minerals for a long, long time. My jars are unopened so they will see me through.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/7/2014 BeautySchoolDropout said: Thanks for the replies, ladies. It is so true. Why fix what isn't broken? The mineral veil always makes me break out. In fact, most of the BE products cause me to break out now. Maybe I'll head to walmart today. I'm sick of spending so much money on pricey cosmetics that use pretty much the same ingredients as the drugstore brands. I was reading lip gloss ingredients the other day at Ulta, same things. Exactly. Gotta be a reason why celebrities endorse Revlon and Cover Girl, etc and not the higher end cosmetics, right? Anyways, I'm going to cancel all my A/D BE. It's just not worth my skin breaking out all the time and the color changes. Photos look terrible. My face is a completely different color than my neck! It's bizarre.

Celebrities are paid to endorse products. Their agents and managers arrange these contracts, and my guess is it has little to do with the actual products. Revlon & Cover Girl may be less expensive products, but have a much wider distribution and higher sales volume. They make millions for doing a few photo shoots and commercials.

As for BE, yes, too bad since the company sold the products have changed. I like some of the ready eye shadows, but no longer use the foundation.

Valued Contributor

On 6/7/2014 KateChopin said:

Yes---ever since she sold the company...

Valued Contributor

Have not noticed this in the Bare Minerals line but I have not ordered anything for quite sometime until the other day when the large size original foundation was on sale.

It arrived yesterday and what I did notice was the container...tho the large deluxe size....is two grams less than the same deluxe container from last Holiday season. I found that strange but not surprising. Much in packaging these days has gone this way and not to my liking at all.

I do mix medium beige with medium tan and that gives me the perfect shade....not too light and not too dark yet both can be worn separately if/when the occastion arises for me.

Hopefully I will find the new jar just as wonderful as ones in the past...time will tell. Thanks for the heads up on things. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Well, of course I understand celebrities are paid to endorse certain products. What I guess I was trying to say is, they can't be awful, terrible products if certain celebrities are in fact, endorsing them. Because any agent, manager or celebrity isn't going to want to be affiliated with a bad product. I have no doubts that they themselves aren't using those products necessarily, although, who knows? Maybe they do manage to find one eye shadow they love! I still use wet n wild eye shadows and cover girl lip gloss that I started using in high school. Lol Anyways, I wish my skin tone was without so many hyperpigmentation spots so I could just forget about foundation altogether. Anything I've tried has never covered well. Plus, I think makeup just aggravates the skin altogether and makes it worse overall. Oh well. Thank you ladies, again, for all your input. This forum really is helpful.