Super Contributor

BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

I took a few days off from the BareSkin Foundation and wore my Fairly Medium Original. Today I tried BS again, and it is just too dark. Bare Satin probably would be good if I were tan and wearing Medium, but it is just too dark for me now. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna return it. I've layered Fairly Medium in Original on top when I have worn it, and it helps but is still too dark, and I hate layering two foundations, it's just over-kill and not worth it. I wonder if I would like it if it actually matched my skin? But since we had to guess on our shades, I ordered the wrong one. I still wonder what the heck they were the thinking? I also wonder how many returns they will receive.

Are you keeping or returning yours?

Respected Contributor

Re: BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

Returning.

The shade is perfect, the feeling and the way it looks is not. It's just too drying. I think it's going to be best for those that aren't dry, and those that have fairly decent skin to begin with.

Honored Contributor

Keeping. Shade is 99.9% perfect and I love how it goes on and how it dries.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Probably returning. Color was fine, but my face looked "greasy" all day and I'm a senior citizen. I bought some other foundation recently that I like much better. I think I'm switching to businesses that give free returns. This is getting costly.

Regular Contributor

I already returned my Bare Satin. IMO, that color was totally misrepresented as cool & lighter range of medium. It was very dark on me & certainly not cool I may have been better with the shade Bare Natural, but honestly, I didn't like how it wore or looked on my skin aside from the color. I've had better for sure. I think the hype & anticipation got me, but I would never have purchased Bare Satin if I saw it in person. I'm finished with ordering makeup online. If it works for you, great, but I think there will be a large amount of returns.

Valued Contributor

I am still on the fence. I ordered Bare Satin and the color match is perfect. I have tried it with primer under it and MV on top. That combo found the MV in my lines. I have also tried it alone and I don't like that at all. I think I am going to try one more time and try primer and no MV. If that doesn't work, sadly I am sending it back. I really wanted this to work.

I have not worn a liquid foundation in years and I think that is the problem. I don't know how it's supposed to look anymore!

Contributor

I am leaning towards returning..It emphasizes every flake of dry skin,wrinkle and line I have on my 39 yr old face..The matte powder doesnt even make me look this dry and wrinkled

Super Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Silverandgold said:

I already returned my Bare Satin. IMO, that color was totally misrepresented as cool & lighter range of medium. It was very dark on me & certainly not cool I may have been better with the shade Bare Natural, but honestly, I didn't like how it wore or looked on my skin aside from the color. I've had better for sure. I think the hype & anticipation got me, but I would never have purchased Bare Satin if I saw it in person. I'm finished with ordering makeup online. If it works for you, great, but I think there will be a large amount of returns.

I feel like it is cool, but looks so dark that it looks wrong. I think if it were the end of summer it may match, but I'm not nearly that tan yet.

I emailed BE CS and asked them for suggestions on shades to match me for Fairly Medium and Medium in Original, and they suggested Bare Satin for Fairly Medium, and Bare Natural for Medium in the summer. I was surprised, but happy they suggested anything since the first 2 responders suggested going to get color matched..... (I was like, I would but I can't yet!!). I was so afraid Bare Shell was going to be way too light, but now I wished I tried it instead.

Regular Contributor

Returning!!! It showed flakes on my face I didn't know I had.

Trusted Contributor

Returning. The shade was good but didn't like the way it looked on my skin. Also, it pretty much disappeared after a couple hours even with primer.