Super Contributor

What are others doing that im not with the bare skin foundation

I have the right shade, but it looks dry on my face. Tried moisturizer still looked dry, tried primer no luck. I have been so looking forward to getting it, now I can't get it to give me a sheer natural look.
Respected Contributor

Re: What are others doing that im not with the bare skin foundation

It will be interesting to read how everyone is using this. I just tried out for the first time, it took 6 drops. Two for each cheek, two for the forehead, nose and chin. It's decent enough coverage, maybe a little sheer but not bad. BUT, it does look rather dry on me too. I have dry skin though.

Valued Contributor

I don't have dry skin and it looks dry on me! Settles into pores. I'll try again with a different primer.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if you can apply it with your fingers? It's pretty runny but maybe. Or even try a sponge.

Super Contributor

Got mine today, it looks so dry on me, drier than the original or the ready. I tan, got the caramel and it is still too light, such a bummer. It covers well, but boy is it dry

Valued Contributor

On 4/10/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I wonder if you can apply it with your fingers? It's pretty runny but maybe. Or even try a sponge.

I posted on the other thread about this topic that I just don't have good luck applying foundation with a brush. I've tried many different brushes with many different foundations with no luck. I watch these youtube videos and these girls seem to apply foundations with brushes with no problem. I can try my fingers but it is a really thin foundation.

Respected Contributor

I have found that applying with fingers gives a smoother appearance. I really like the coverage and it's definitely a step up from It Cosmetics as well as Dr Gross' CC Cream but sadly I am beginning to believe that this product was basically meant for a younger crowd...as I too have somewhat dryer skin.

Regular Contributor

I am having the complete opposite problem. I have oily skin to start with, but this serum foundation makes my face look constantly oily, even with mineral veil. Also, I broke out today and this is the only thing new that I have used on my face. I packaged it up and back it's going! I feel bad because it had nice coverage, although I did find that it found ALL of my fine lines!!!! The only other Bare Minerals product that made me break out was the Ready foundation. Maybe there are some ingredients from that in the serum foundation? I don't think this product is for me!

Super Contributor

I tried it with Bare minerals primer it worked a little better. I checked it out out doors it looked more like I was wearing a powder. I guess in summer when it hot it will look ok
Super Contributor

I have drier skin to start with and I too find this settles into pores/lines I didn't even know were there that I've never seen with other foundation products, yet oddly enough by afternoon my face looks super oily. I'm 95% sure I'm sending mine back on Monday - just not working for me and I'm not willing to jump through hoops using primers, etc. and completely change my routine to get it to work when so many other things I have work just fine and make my skin look great.