Contributor

Bare SKin serum foundation review

I received mine in Bare Natural and tried it last night and again this morning. I was surprised how good the coverage is. I used as directed. Shook the bottle well and only applied 2 drops to the brush. I took the brush and dotted that on one side of my face (forehead, cheek and chin areas) then blended. It covered pretty well and feels light. I then shook bottle again and repeated on other side of my face. I think the Bare Natural looked a little yellow at first, but once blended, looked like a good match. I was torn between the lighter neutral shade and this and Natural works pretty well for me. I'm going to try for a few more days to see how it wears before I decide for sure.

I'd love to hear what other think.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Bare SKin serum foundation review

I used the foundation today for the first time. So far, I think the coverage is good and was easy to apply. We'll have to see how long it lasts. I did a good job picking the color...shell. Now the bad thing. It smells REALLY bad. Kind of like a really strong plasticky smell. I think I'm gonna have a hard time dealing with that. That might just be the killer for me. Did anyone else experience this??

Super Contributor

Thanks for the reviews!

YorkieLove - Does the smell last, or is it only there when you first apply?

I'm hoping the colors are forgiving, they said they were on one of the presentations but who knows.

Contributor

I think the color is forgiving. I really thought I would be closer to the lighter neutral shade but because they said most people would fall in into the Natural shade, I tried that. Like I said, when first dotted on my check it was a little yellow. But once blended in, it match pretty well.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review! Mine shipped standard delivery....ugh. Do not have it yet, kicking myself for picking that.

Frequent Contributor

Mine is still at the shipping facility, ugg. Thanks for the reviews!

Valued Contributor

Anyone with oily skin try it yet? How does it look and last? Thanks!!

Occasional Contributor

Got mine today. Tried it after work; looking forward to trying it tomorrow ""for real"". Good color match (bare shell); mine did not smell funny but I shook it up a lot before putting it on the brush. I like the texture more than I liked EL's Invisible Fluid that I tried last year (before I knew about the animal testing). Hopefully it will blend just as nicely with a real techniques sponge and with fingers. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review.

My Bare Natural came today and I shook my bottle for a long time after I took it out of the box and tried a drop on the back of my hand and I thought it was too yellow/dark, so I feel better about trying it on my face tomorrow.

I will say that that one drop was a lot of makeup and a lot of coverage. I could have done most of my arm with that drop.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

On 4/8/2014 YorkieLove said:

I used the foundation today for the first time. So far, I think the coverage is good and was easy to apply. We'll have to see how long it lasts. I did a good job picking the color...shell. Now the bad thing. It smells REALLY bad. Kind of like a really strong plasticky smell. I think I'm gonna have a hard time dealing with that. That might just be the killer for me. Did anyone else experience this??

I got mine in the mail yesterday and tried it today. I think it smells bad too. I'm going to try it for a few more days, to see if I can tolerate it, but the smell is definitely a little obnoxious, and the smell lasts all day. Ugh! My search may still be on for the perfect foundation.