Regular Contributor

I NEED HELP ON THE SERUM FOUNDATION COLORS!

Hi ladies! I received my serum foundation today and I tried it on my arm and hand. It was too dark! I ordered Bare Satin. I wear Fairly Light in the original and Medium in the Ready. My complexion i son the lighter side of Medium with rosy undertones. I am SO confused on what color to exchange this for!!! I am going to try it on my face tomorrow, BUT I have a feeling I will be washing my face and starting all over. Can anyone give me some advice about what color I may need to exchange the Bare Satin for? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I NEED HELP ON THE SERUM FOUNDATION COLORS!

What brand are you using?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

If you wear Fairly Light in Original, then Bare Linen may work because it's neutral, however if you have cool undertones you may want to try Bare Shell. BUT try the Bare Satin on your face first to make sure it is too dark or not.

I wear Fairly Medium in Original right now, and ordered Bare Satin which is Medium, I hope it matches but have no idea since I haven't tried it yet.

Regular Contributor

On 4/8/2014 ginabfly said:

If you wear Fairly Light in Original, then Bare Linen may work because it's neutral, however if you have cool undertones you may want to try Bare Shell. BUT try the Bare Satin on your face first to make sure it is too dark or not.

I wear Fairly Medium in Original right now, and ordered Bare Satin which is Medium, I hope it matches but have no idea since I haven't tried it yet.

I tried the Bare Satin today and I had a line of demarcation on my jaw bones! I normaly wear Fairly Medium too.

Regular Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:

What brand are you using?

Not sure what you mean, but I am using Bare Minerals. I also use IT Celebration Foundation. When I do use BM, I use Fairly Light in the original and Medium in the Ready. The liquid foundation I ordered from BM is Bare Satin.

New Contributor

I wear medium in the ready foundation and sometimes it seems a little light. I ordered bare satin also. I hope it's not too dark. I wish it would hurry up and get here.

Super Contributor

I used to wear medium beige in the loose minerals and got bare satin in the serum foundation - color wise I thought it was just a tad dark at first, but it blended fine with no demarcation lines so shade-wise bare satin is a pretty good match for medium beige IMO - I'm just not liking it much overall though as it emphasizes pores that are normally not visible at all and makes my face super shiny by afternoon - I've never had anything do that before.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2014 racerrn said:
On 4/8/2014 ginabfly said:

I tried the Bare Satin today and I had a line of demarcation on my jaw bones! I normaly wear Fairly Medium too.

I received my Bare Satin, and it looks so dark on the back of my hand! It does blend out a little, but not sure if it will work on my face. I'm going to try it tonight.....

gym mom - Medium in Ready is close to Fairly Medium in Original, but may even be a tad lighter! I use both, depending on the day and which one I feel like using. I hope it works for you too!

I need to stop posting about how it might be, and wait until I can actually try it on my face..... I'm just worried it's gonna be too dark.

Super Contributor

I ordered the Bare Linen & it has yellow undertones & is light in color.
Honored Contributor

The Serum Foundation is coming to brick and mortar stores next month and some stores will have a few more colors than QVC is offering.

My advice is to wait until you can go test it in person, if possible. If that doesn't work because no stores are close to you, I would still say wait until it launches in store in May and then you can call the nearest store and ask a sales associate there to help you choose the liquid foundation that would be the best match for your Original foundation shade. Once you learn from someone who color matches other people all day, you should have an easier time deciding which shade to order online. And if the sales associate matches you to a color QVC doesn't sell, you can order from Bare Minerals or another site.