Super Contributor

In the serum foundation would bare nude give you a more tan look then bare beige?

I pre ordered. When it first came out I ordered bare beige, now last night as I looked at bare nude that girls face looked a little tan to me. With summer right around the corner I think I would like to have more color in my face, but don't want to look yellow. What do you think?
Trusted Contributor

Re: In the serum foundation would bare nude give you a more tan look then bare beige?

It's great that the serum foundation comes in so many colors, but this makes it even more important to try it in person to get the correct color match.

No one can give you advice yet, because no one will have the foundation for another week or so. Why pre-buy and try to guess at what color will work for you? It will be out in the stores May 1st. No shipping fees, no return shipping fees to switch colors.

You may find this Lisa Eldridge video helpful:

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/25670/how-to-find-the-right-shade-of-foundation/#.Uz_rFvldXTo

Trusted Contributor

Re: In the serum foundation would bare nude give you a more tan look then bare beige?

At first I ordered the bare beige. Then after watching the video again, because I have golden undertones, I changed my order to bare nude. Hopefully, it is just as "forgiving" as they describe. I did get a sample of a type of Bare Minerals "bb" cream (sorry, can't remember the name of it) from Sephora that I really l liked, and the bare nude, to me, came close to the color that I got in the store. Anxious to try this and should have in in a week.

Frequent Contributor

I almost fell off the wagon and bought the "Latte", because I need a darker, cool tone. I went of Sephora's web site to see all 20 colors and I'm glad I did. I might be better off with the next darker cool, which is called "Almond", which the Q doesn't carry yet. Q now has 12 colors, whereas there will be 20 after the release. I'm waiting.

Super Contributor

I am getting them both, one will be perfect the other will go back
Trusted Contributor

I received mine, bare nude, and tried the first time today. I too was unsure whether to go with the bare beige or the bare nude for the same reason about the nude being too tan according to the pic, but also that the bare beige might be too light. I am SOOOOOO happy with the bare nude, it is SPOT ON! As far as the formula, I seem to really like it, 4 drops did my entire face giving me a light to medium coverage and its wearing nicely thus far. Too soon to know whether I'm 'loving' it, but I will know after a couple of days of using. Jury's still out....

Super Contributor

I think Bare Nude would be more yellow since it's Golden. So it would depend on your coloring. If you don't want to look too yellow, I would think you should go with Bare Beige since it's neutral-golden (but still golden so it would have some yellow in it).