Occasional Contributor

bareSkin Serum Foundation - Review

I received the new serum foundation from another retailer's website today. First impressions:

I've used the loose minerals in Fairly Light and Light and I ordered Bare Linen.
I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation in Light and Bobbi Brown's stick foundation in Sand.
I used 2 drops of the serum foundation for each half of my face and I think it's a little too light. Maybe I need more yellow or golden tones?
I don't have the new brush, so I used the one from IT Cosmetics' last TSV.
The coverage is very good.
The finish is almost matte with a powdery feel. (I have dry skin)
The bottle is a screw top and it's hard to squeeze.
I'll test it this weekend by varying the amount of drops.
I'll wait for my QVC order to see how it works with the brush. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: bareSkin Serum Foundation - Review

TY for the review. Did the finish make your skin look dryer? And did it emphasize pores and lines?
Occasional Contributor

It doesn't look dryer, I guess because of the serum. Skin feels soft. It doesn't seem to emphasize lines and pores with the amount of drops I used. Forgot to say, I used no primer.

Honored Contributor

Which website is selling this foundation now? I don't see it at ULTA or Sephora.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

On 3/27/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Which website is selling this foundation now? I don't see it at ULTA or Sephora.

Yes do tell.

Occasional Contributor

I posted it in another post this morning. I had setup an email notification with Sephora for when they got in stock and was surprised to get an email. I took a risk and ordered on Tuesday, even though it didn't say which shade it was (I added notifications for Linen and Ivory) and the product page wasn't even showing. I honestly thought it was a mistake and the order would get cancelled. Forgot to even use a coupon code. Smiley Sad Today, the page was back and they had Linen, Satin and Natural in stock. They all show out of stock now.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was exclusive to QVC until May. I would think it is a better value from QVC because you're getting the brush and foundation for less money than buying them separately from Sephora.

Super Contributor

Sephora has this posted on the product page:

This product will be available for purchase on May 1. Sign up to be notified by email when it is available.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your review. I love a matte finish. Is it easy to use ? I only like fast and easy to put on. Is it medium coverage ? Does it hide pores ?

Occasional Contributor

It's very easy to use. That "two-drops at a time" thing seems to work well for adjusting coverage. I need like 8 drops total to get medium-full coverage. Can't wait to try the brush. I also realized that the bottle is not meant to be squeezed. Just tilt it and let gravity do its work. One strange thing I noticed, when I remove it with a wipe it comes out almost clean, as if the skin absorbed it? Maybe because I'm not using a primer?