Contributor

I received mine this afternoon. I'm excited to try it. I put some on my hand it spread nicely, wasn't runny or thick, nice consistency. My hand still looks shiney but doesn't feel greasy. Can't wait to try it after I cleanse. I've been using the tacha cleansing oil at night. I hope it's not too much oil? My skin is normal..

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have the oil too and so far I really like it !! It goes on nicely and doesn't feel heavy or greasy.....I also tried Jill Bauer's tip where you put a drop on your finger tips, rub them together and then press on your cheekbones after you apply your makeup. It really does give you a dewy look without being greasy !!! I mostly use BE's foundation and bisque and it can look a bit "flat" or "dry", and doing this makes it look "fresher" I guess is a good way to describe it. I also LOVE the box it came in....it reminds me of when BE first came out with the RareMinerals Night Treatment years ago in the gold component, and it came in that kind of a box, with a gold base where the component was set, and the white top that went over it. It was also a thick cardboard which to me, made it look more "elegant". I LOVED the old packaging on their skin care, I wish they would go back to using it. The new packaging, and the bottles that they are using now, with the white bottom and the brown caps make the products look cheap, like what you would get in a drugstore.

Honored Contributor

Did they finally bring that product back? I used to use it years ago. I'll have to check it out and see if it is the same thing. Many years ago it was strictly the 5 oils, nothing else. I was considering trying to mix up a batch for myself since I had saved the ingredient list, but I have been happy with the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil. The smell is so yummy, but it does have other ingredients and I would prefer just the oils.

Regular Contributor

Hi Icegoddess,

I'm not sure if this oil is the same as what you tried many years ago. I don't remember BE having anything like this in the past. I've been using BE since 2006, so maybe it was before then?? But when this was presented, Jessica said that it is just the 5 oils, and nothing else. I read the ingredients and all I saw were the 5 oils and nothing else. I also expected a smaller bottle like the serum that BE came out with a couple of years ago, but this was bigger. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the whole package !!!!

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, probably long before 2006. They used to have a lot of body products, but then apparently decided to focus on makeup. It was in a large clear bottle, about the size of a shampoo bottle. The ingredients were: Safflower Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil. Very nice consistency for putting on damp skin right out of the shower.

Valued Contributor

New Mineralixor blend ingredients are very close. I received mine yesterday and I think I am really going to like it. I am going to switch on and off with the serum and only use it at night. Wish they had offered easy pay, free shipping and handling and AD on this product!

Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus
Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Soil Minerals, Litchi
Chinensis Fruit Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Disodium Edta.

Contributor

So I've used it for a few days now. I'm not sure yet. It's not greasy. It absorbs pretty quickly leaves my skin with a dewy look. It has really doesn't have a scent so I like that. I'm just not sure it's doing anything for my skin. I've used it at night and my skin was soft in the morning but it's soft when I use coconut oil as well. I used it once in the morning waited for it to absorb, about 10 minutes, then put on primer and be foundation. Looked okay. Didn't make me oily throughout out the day as I can tend to get. But the be foundation has helped with that. So I really don't know yet, it's not that expensive but I have so many other oils, serums, creams, etc that I'm not sure if I need to keep this. I'm going to give it a bit more time and see how I feel.

Contributor

Btw I see you're from Queens NY, lived there for 25 years, still there most weekends to see family. Where in queens are you?
On 3/27/2014 VelvetBlack said:

Hi Icegoddess,

I'm not sure if this oil is the same as what you tried many years ago. I don't remember BE having anything like this in the past. I've been using BE since 2006, so maybe it was before then?? But when this was presented, Jessica said that it is just the 5 oils, and nothing else. I read the ingredients and all I saw were the 5 oils and nothing else. I also expected a smaller bottle like the serum that BE came out with a couple of years ago, but this was bigger. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the whole package !!!!

Valued Contributor

I really like the new 5 oil blend. I would like to try the new eye product but I have been using this on the parts of my eyes that need a little help and it is working just fine.

Super Contributor

I love this stuff, ordered the cleanser and eye balm yesterday