Frequent Contributor

Bare Minerals ~~ "More Than Meets The Eye" ~~ TSV Review With Pic!!!

My collection arrived today. I think we get spoiled when the November TSV is presented for all the products we get for $49.00. This TSV being more expensive for the same amount or less that we get with the yearly TSV's made me question if I should purchase it. That being said, I am pleased with the items in this collection. Love the silver caps, compact, and brush handles.

"Prime Time Neutralizing Primer SPF 30" is an awesome primer!! It is yellow, but when applied, it blends into a soft, silky feel on the skin.

"Ready All Over face Color "Elation" is a very beautiful soft pinky, brown color. Love it as a blush with my fair complexion. It blends onto the skin beautifully.

"5 in 1 Advanced Performance Mineral Veil" is very different than all other veils. With a fair complexion, I will only be able to use it as a contour under the cheeks, because of the color which is a surprise. Others with different skin colors will be able to use it as an all over color. Other than that, it is a fine grained veil like all others.

"5 in 1 BB Cream Shadow SPF 15" is a skin tone color, and I will use it as a primer. It has a bit of sparkle in it.

"Hydrating Lip Stain" is not much of a stain, but a pretty pink color. I applied some lip gloss over it, and that fixed the drying effect of the stain.

"Original Foundation" needs no explanation. Would have liked a matte mineral foundation, or a Ready.

"Silver Handled Brushes" are not new at all, but ok. They match other brushes from a prier TSV. Put them in my brush holder that I have for silver BE handled brushes.

For those who ordered early, hope you are enjoying your collection!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

photo 1-3.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals ~~ ""More Than Meets The Eye"" ~~ TSV Review With Pic!!!

Thanks for the pics and reviews and I am glad you like this one!

I think you are right we are "spoiled" from past collections. Sigh, I remember the old Grand collections, came in a really nice train case, full size foundation, blush, buxom or lip gloss of some sort, three eye colors, two or three brushes, and a prime time or some skin care product usually right around $80. Honestly another makeup bag I probably need like swine flu, but they sure are fun and pretty. I think if this one came with a nice bag I might have been more tempted.

Enjoy your newness!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/5/2014 Treeinwind said:

Thanks for the pics and reviews and I am glad you like this one!

I think you are right we are "spoiled" from past collections. Sigh, I remember the old Grand collections, came in a really nice train case, full size foundation, blush, buxom or lip gloss of some sort, three eye colors, two or three brushes, and a prime time or some skin care product usually right around $80. Honestly another makeup bag I probably need like swine flu, but they sure are fun and pretty. I think if this one came with a nice bag I might have been more tempted.

Enjoy your newness!

You are so right Treeinwind. I miss them also. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I usually keep the collections in their bag, so I know which collection it is. When they don't have one, I have to use another bag and hope I can find a BE bag, or get one on e-bay. I will have to do that for this collection. For the price, I wish they did have one with this collection.

Enjoy the shows on the 22nd. Smile

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review! How similar to bronzing veil is this new mineral veil in coloring? I know it is supposed to have other features, but am not sure that justifies making this purchase right now. Also, I don't think even the full color kits of the past included both foundation and primer for $49. I always thought those were just the color kits w/out foundation, let alone primer...but I could be wrong, but I don't think this price is too far off where it should be for what you get.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review! I'm telling myself I can't buy this kit since I will have the autodelivery of the glamour now kit (from the holidays) coming up soon in April. But of course, I will watch the presentations and most likely oh and ah about them lol.

Contributor

Thanks for the review. I thinking that the mineral veil would be too dark for fair complexions. The ready all over color is very pretty.

Frequent Contributor

Apparently, the Bronzing Mineral Veil, is darker than the new MV. I will use the new MV for contouring. When the summer is upon us, I usually use a small amount of the BMV, so they both are great for the summer, or if you want to warm up the complexion year round. Warmth is a lot darker than the new MV.

Silly me. I am fair, and didn't need another fair loose mineral foundation, so I ordered golden tan to use for a contour for this time of the year. The Foundation, and the new MV are almost the same color!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I now have a lot now to use for contouring for a long, long time!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

I have both veils and the bronzing veil is hands down darker. The new veil is darker than the original veil. That said I would not call the new veil dark, it is just darker than the original. I wish they would release another grand collection and soon.

Super Contributor

I am so glad they do not have a case in this set. I have shopping bags full. O give them away and still have a load
Frequent Contributor

Check out QVC UK Bare Minerals More Than Meets The Eye TSV and the price of 39 pounds 96 pense.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=204880&storeId=10252&langId...