Top-Rated on Easy Pay
75 Members and 10801 Guests Online

bareMinerals

Bare Minerals ~~ "More Than Meets The Eye" ~~ TSV Review With Pic!!!

Started 1394060592.007 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1395513164.083 by TasMss

My collection arrived today. I think we get spoiled when the November TSV is presented for all the products we get for $49.00. This TSV being more expensive for the same amount or less that we get with the yearly TSV's made me question if I should purchase it. That being said, I am pleased with the items in this collection. Love the silver caps, compact, and brush handles.

"Prime Time Neutralizing Primer SPF 30" is an awesome primer!! It is yellow, but when applied, it blends into a soft, silky feel on the skin.

"Ready All Over face Color "Elation" is a very beautiful soft pinky, brown color. Love it as a blush with my fair complexion. It blends onto the skin beautifully.

"5 in 1 Advanced Performance Mineral Veil" is very different than all other veils. With a fair complexion, I will only be able to use it as a contour under the cheeks, because of the color which is a surprise. Others with different skin colors will be able to use it as an all over color. Other than that, it is a fine grained veil like all others.

"5 in 1 BB Cream Shadow SPF 15" is a skin tone color, and I will use it as a primer. It has a bit of sparkle in it.

"Hydrating Lip Stain" is not much of a stain, but a pretty pink color. I applied some lip gloss over it, and that fixed the drying effect of the stain.

"Original Foundation" needs no explanation. Would have liked a matte mineral foundation, or a Ready.

"Silver Handled Brushes" are not new at all, but ok. They match other brushes from a prier TSV. Put them in my brush holder that I have for silver BE handled brushes.

For those who ordered early, hope you are enjoying your collection!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

 photo 1-3.jpg

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

Page 1 of 2
Treeinwind1394078207.6132948 PostsRegistered 2/6/2009

Thanks for the pics and reviews and I am glad you like this one!

I think you are right we are "spoiled" from past collections. Sigh, I remember the old Grand collections, came in a really nice train case, full size foundation, blush, buxom or lip gloss of some sort, three eye colors, two or three brushes, and a prime time or some skin care product usually right around $80. Honestly another makeup bag I probably need like swine flu, but they sure are fun and pretty. I think if this one came with a nice bag I might have been more tempted.

Enjoy your newness!

BE Beauty1394079501.837164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013
On 3/5/2014 Treeinwind said:

Thanks for the pics and reviews and I am glad you like this one!

I think you are right we are "spoiled" from past collections. Sigh, I remember the old Grand collections, came in a really nice train case, full size foundation, blush, buxom or lip gloss of some sort, three eye colors, two or three brushes, and a prime time or some skin care product usually right around $80. Honestly another makeup bag I probably need like swine flu, but they sure are fun and pretty. I think if this one came with a nice bag I might have been more tempted.

Enjoy your newness!

You are so right Treeinwind. I miss them also. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I usually keep the collections in their bag, so I know which collection it is. When they don't have one, I have to use another bag and hope I can find a BE bag, or get one on e-bay. I will have to do that for this collection. For the price, I wish they did have one with this collection.

Enjoy the shows on the 22nd. Smile

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

gatorgal251394113573.2773007 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007

Thanks for the review! How similar to bronzing veil is this new mineral veil in coloring? I know it is supposed to have other features, but am not sure that justifies making this purchase right now. Also, I don't think even the full color kits of the past included both foundation and primer for $49. I always thought those were just the color kits w/out foundation, let alone primer...but I could be wrong, but I don't think this price is too far off where it should be for what you get.

FindingMyJ­oy1394116985.833615 PostsRegistered 12/28/2012

Thanks for the review! I'm telling myself I can't buy this kit since I will have the autodelivery of the glamour now kit (from the holidays) coming up soon in April. But of course, I will watch the presentations and most likely oh and ah about them lol.

Sophiasmom­my1394140108.51747 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006

Thanks for the review. I thinking that the mineral veil would be too dark for fair complexions. The ready all over color is very pretty.

BE Beauty1394154799.753164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

Apparently, the Bronzing Mineral Veil, is darker than the new MV. I will use the new MV for contouring. When the summer is upon us, I usually use a small amount of the BMV, so they both are great for the summer, or if you want to warm up the complexion year round. Warmth is a lot darker than the new MV.

Silly me. I am fair, and didn't need another fair loose mineral foundation, so I ordered golden tan to use for a contour for this time of the year. The Foundation, and the new MV are almost the same color!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I now have a lot now to use for contouring for a long, long time!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

beautymogul1394237025.253854 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007been there done that

I have both veils and the bronzing veil is hands down darker. The new veil is darker than the original veil. That said I would not call the new veil dark, it is just darker than the original. I wish they would release another grand collection and soon.

God promises to supply all our needs, not all our wants

Rocker1394240482.7031701 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007Nashville, TN
I am so glad they do not have a case in this set. I have shopping bags full. O give them away and still have a load

BE Beauty1394358056.733164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

Check out QVC UK Bare Minerals More Than Meets The Eye TSV and the price of 39 pounds 96 pense.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=204880&storeId=10252&langId=-2&sc=TSV&catalogId=10152&UDC=TSV&MSG=TSV_OTO_INSTOCK&ddkey=http:TSVItemDisplay

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

BE Beauty1394433667.433164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

Is there something wrong with the BE site? I don't see any post since yesterday.

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

gatorgal251394454366.8873007 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007

Have we discussed whether or not the blush has sparkle? I'm specifically wondering about how it compares to the illuminator in the holiday kit...can't afford to be doubling my efforts, LOL.

nodecaf1394455432.432480 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands

Thanks!

The kit looks great however I am trying to behave and in all sincerity the only thing that I may use is 5 in 1 BB Cream Shadow!

Pass for me for now!{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Last edited on 3/10/2014

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

imaclothes­hog139445974321503 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I've decided to pass on this one. I was interested at first when I saw it in the Insider but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I needed to pass.

I wouldn't use the original foundation at all. I'm not a fan of the original foundation or the matte foundations BE does. Also, it is very disappointing that the Mineral Veil is so dark. This is a product that is intended to be used all over the face, and because of the dark shade, it isn't wearable all over the face for fair ladies. So I don't want those products.

Then there's the primer I don't really want. I am not a primer fan, and I certainly don't want a yellow primer, with my cool toned pink skin.

The other products are alright, but I can live without. So, this isn't a kit I would be using all the products in, and so it's not a good value for me. And, I don't really think it's worth the TSV price.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

ginabfly1394467056.561213 PostsRegistered 5/2/2013sw burbs of chicago, IL

I have pink undertones, and the yellow primer completely blends in and doesn't look yellow at all on, it's meant to neutralize, not look yellow on. I like the neutralizing primer, and I cannot wear any foundation made for yellow undertones.

ginabfly - naturally blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, light-medium with pink undertones.

ginabfly1394467114.7531213 PostsRegistered 5/2/2013sw burbs of chicago, IL
On 3/10/2014 DMC said:

Have we discussed whether or not the blush has sparkle? I'm specifically wondering about how it compares to the illuminator in the holiday kit...can't afford to be doubling my efforts, LOL.


The all over face color is matte FYI, it doesn't have any sparkle. Same with the lip color.

ginabfly - naturally blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, light-medium with pink undertones.

gatorgal251394487746.5633007 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007
On 3/10/2014 ginabfly said:
On 3/10/2014 DMC said:

Have we discussed whether or not the blush has sparkle? I'm specifically wondering about how it compares to the illuminator in the holiday kit...can't afford to be doubling my efforts, LOL.


The all over face color is matte FYI, it doesn't have any sparkle. Same with the lip color.

Thanks!

ginabfly1394499006.4131213 PostsRegistered 5/2/2013sw burbs of chicago, IL
On 3/10/2014 DMC said:
On 3/10/2014 ginabfly said:
On 3/10/2014 DMC said:

Have we discussed whether or not the blush has sparkle? I'm specifically wondering about how it compares to the illuminator in the holiday kit...can't afford to be doubling my efforts, LOL.


The all over face color is matte FYI, it doesn't have any sparkle. Same with the lip color.

Thanks!

Welcome!

ginabfly - naturally blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, light-medium with pink undertones.

Catwoman1394669411.2271058 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006
I hope everyone who buys this kit will love it, but I'm going to have to pass on it. I was hoping for Ready foundation; the Mineral Veil would be way too dark on me; I don't want the primer or the shadow, and even the lip color looks like it's on the dark side. Oh well. :( At least I can comfort myself by saying I saved some money, but I was really hoping I would want this kit.

BE Beauty1394675292.877164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

Been using this collection since I got it a while ago, and I am loving some of it. Love the all over color without sparkle!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The BB shadow is fine as a primer. It is a skin tone color, and I am fair. It does have a fine sparkle, but when used as primer, when you add shadow, you can't see it.

I love the primer, but I can't get it to pump out of the bottle, so I am opening it up, and with a brush, I take out what I need. I wonder if some moisturizer was added to thin it out, would that take away from the primer itself?? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Maybe another primer added from BE?? Maybe I have to shake it for a long time, and see if that will work.

I can only use the lipstick with a gloss. I find it drying if used alone. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Nice color though.

The brushes are not on my love list. I have the same BE brushes, and can't remember when, or if I have ever used them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Better Brushes, or more product without the brushes maybe?

I am not sure if I will continue with the AD. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The colors will have to have some peach, or coral for me, the lipstick more moisturizing, and the pump fixed on the primer. We shall see.

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

gatorgal251394719496.843007 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007
On 3/12/2014 BE Beauty said:

Been using this collection since I got it a while ago, and I am loving some of it. Love the all over color without sparkle!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The BB shadow is fine as a primer. It is a skin tone color, and I am fair. It does have a fine sparkle, but when used as primer, when you add shadow, you can't see it.

I love the primer, but I can't get it to pump out of the bottle, so I am opening it up, and with a brush, I take out what I need. I wonder if some moisturizer was added to thin it out, would that take away from the primer itself?? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Maybe another primer added from BE?? Maybe I have to shake it for a long time, and see if that will work.

I can only use the lipstick with a gloss. I find it drying if used alone. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Nice color though.

The brushes are not on my love list. I have the same BE brushes, and can't remember when, or if I have ever used them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Better Brushes, or more product without the brushes maybe?

I am not sure if I will continue with the AD. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The colors will have to have some peach, or coral for me, the lipstick more moisturizing, and the pump fixed on the primer. We shall see.

Thanks for posting this! The 5-in-1 is exactly what I'm looking for to achieve a simple look for the summer, but I can order that on its own. The primer pumps are a pain. I can never get mine to work without shooting product across the vanity, so I do the same thing. LOL. I just ordered the It TSV, so I'm hoping that lip product will be good. I'm passing on this TSV...too many things I don't need/won't use.

ETA: I really want to try the all over face color, but I guess I will stalk the bay for them like I do for the blush/luminizer duos from last year's TSV.

Last edited on 3/13/2014

BE Beauty1394775784.62164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013
On 3/13/2014 DMC said:
On 3/12/2014 BE Beauty said:

Been using this collection since I got it a while ago, and I am loving some of it. Love the all over color without sparkle!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The BB shadow is fine as a primer. It is a skin tone color, and I am fair. It does have a fine sparkle, but when used as primer, when you add shadow, you can't see it.

I love the primer, but I can't get it to pump out of the bottle, so I am opening it up, and with a brush, I take out what I need. I wonder if some moisturizer was added to thin it out, would that take away from the primer itself?? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Maybe another primer added from BE?? Maybe I have to shake it for a long time, and see if that will work.

I can only use the lipstick with a gloss. I find it drying if used alone. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Nice color though.

The brushes are not on my love list. I have the same BE brushes, and can't remember when, or if I have ever used them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Better Brushes, or more product without the brushes maybe?

I am not sure if I will continue with the AD. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} The colors will have to have some peach, or coral for me, the lipstick more moisturizing, and the pump fixed on the primer. We shall see.

Thanks for posting this! The 5-in-1 is exactly what I'm looking for to achieve a simple look for the summer, but I can order that on its own. The primer pumps are a pain. I can never get mine to work without shooting product across the vanity, so I do the same thing. LOL. I just ordered the It TSV, so I'm hoping that lip product will be good. I'm passing on this TSV...too many things I don't need/won't use.

ETA: I really want to try the all over face color, but I guess I will stalk the bay for them like I do for the blush/luminizer duos from last year's TSV.

DMC I have the It TSV for a while now. The CC Lip color is beautiful. {#emotions_dlg.wub} You won't have a problem with it at all. I love the color. You are going to Love that TSV!!

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

gatorgal251394831006.773007 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007

Hey Sea...you're right. I got it today and the lippie is really pretty! If the CC doesn't make me break out, I'll be keeping this for sure!

vmnsc1394836847.2136716 PostsRegistered 1/31/2010SC
BEautiful!!

vmnsc aka "V" call me "V"
"Children are the Rainbow of Life." Grand Children are the "Pot of Gold".
In memory of "Hannah Belle" ....I miss you so......03/18/2013

BE Beauty1394940093.277164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013
On 3/14/2014 DMC said:

Hey Sea...you're right. I got it today and the lippie is really pretty! If the CC doesn't make me break out, I'll be keeping this for sure!

Glad you are enjoying it DMC. I love this TSV also!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

The Canadian shopping channel is having the same collection as there special. They are getting the smaller size of the CC cream. The price is $10 less than ours. I am glad we got the super size for $10 more.

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

BE Beauty1395293453.58164 PostsRegistered 7/12/2013

Future Shipments


Second Shipment: August 2014

1-fl oz Prime Time Daily Defense Neutralizing Foundation Primer SPF 30
0.28-oz bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in choice of 12 shades
0.21-oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 20
0.3-oz bareMinerals Ready All-Over Face Color in Glee
0.10-fl oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF15 in Cinnamon
0.12-oz Hydrating Lip Stain in Glee
One Full Flawless Face Brush
One Full Tapered Face Brush


Third Shipment: December 2014

1-fl oz Prime Time Daily Defense Neutralizing Foundation Primer SPF 30
0.28-oz bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in choice of 12 shades
0.21-oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 20
0.3-oz bareMinerals Ready All-Over Face Color in True
0.10-fl oz 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF15 in Sunlit Ivory
0.12-oz Hydrating Lip Stain in True
One Kabuki Light Brush
One Light Stroke Fan Brush

♥ Hugs♥
Formally ♥Sea BEauty♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

Page 1 of 2