Valued Contributor

Bare Minerals Ready foundation breakout

I never had a problem using Bare Minerals loose foundation. I find I am getting little white pimples on my cheeks if I use the Ready foundation. I wonder if it has some ingredient that is causing this? I remember years ago I tried the B Minerals moisturizer and that caused the same type breakout. Any one else have this problem?

Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Ready foundation breakout

I had used BE foundations for 8 years and started noticing that my skin looked rough. I exfoliated like crazy and still looked rough. I got one of those high power mirrors to see if I could see what the problem was...and I did see that my pores had these hard as nails plugs in them. Went to the dermatologist and he said to stop with the mineral makeup. I guess after so many years of use it had just clogged my pores solid. I stopped 2 years ago and skin is back to normal after lots of exfoliating and deep cleansing. Weird, but I don't guess you ever know what something, even natural products can do to your skin after a long time.
Super Contributor

I don't have any problem with any BE foundation, but the Ready is more moisturizing. Did it happen right away after using, or were you using the Ready for awhile and then you started breaking out? If it happened after using it for awhile, maybe you need to wash your brush? Sometimes we don't think about those types of things, just a thought.

Super Contributor

On 12/12/2013 anonymousanonymous said:

They use bismuth in a lot of products. I think some have more in it and can cause breakouts when they use more for a specific product.

If bismuth was the problem, she might have had an issue with Original too. I've heard of a lot of people who can't use Original because of that ingredient. But maybe there is more in Ready. No BE has ever bothered my skin thankfully so I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor

For me, it's the lauroyl lyceine they add to the Ready line, including the blush. It's not in BE loose. I first realized it caused me to break-out when it was added to EverydayMinerals which is loose, then Laura added it to her pressed B&B when she took out mineral oil, and Dimitri put it in his loose Cotton Mineral powder. Hard to escape the stuff! It's supposedly antibacterial and moisturizing. Might make you look good the first time, but after that it's break outs for me.