TSV(R) Preview
140 Members and 11104 Guests Online

bareMinerals

Anyone over 60 using bare minerals?

Started 1366330729.153 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1366498879.723 by rbindcat

I used to use bare minerals and then as I reached those senior years and thought it was settling in the fine lines and stopped using this line. Since then they have come out with the powder matte among other things and wonder if I should try it again. Thank you for your replies.

Page 1 of 1
Sea BEauty1366332141.4873781 PostsRegistered 2/16/2011

I am not in your age group, but someone will post if they are.

If you use a primer, you shouldn't have a problem with it in your fine lines Chatam. Give it a try again, if you have any foundation already at home. Minerals last forever!!

Welcome to the group, and please post often. Smile

Oh a little goes a long way and you have to buff buff buff it into your skin. Moisturize before the primer to.

Last edited on 4/18/2013

Last edited on 4/18/2013

♥ Hugs♥ ♥Sea ♥

"Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve."

allaries1366336446.2631983 PostsRegistered 10/29/2007

I am over sixty and I use Bare Minerals. It does not break my skin out. I do also sometimes use laura geller B&B. I always end up going back to BM. I do use Laura's spackle.

Roni1366336679.257631 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007Fort Lauderdale

I am over 60 and used Bare Minerals for years.... Recently I switched to IT Cosmetics powder foundation and I love it. I also use IT's new 50+ primer, which is amazing... I never thought I'd leave Bare Minerals, and at first I did not like IT Cosmetics, but now I am hooked.... The only thing with IT - order one shade darker than you would in any other line.....

sapphire251366338574.837912 PostsRegistered 6/20/2009NE PA
I'm over 60 and have used BE for about 8 years. At first I didn't like the finish with the original but when the matte came out it was too dull. I ended up mixing matte and original50/50 and that was better. When I ran out of the mix I went back to original since I had a supply of it. Now I prefer the original over matte. I also use the new pressed foundation and do like that also. I do make sure I buff really well with both and have no problems with it settling in the lines. Sorry for the novel but hope it helps.

Brown eyes med brown hair, old enough to know better.

grams21366338811.343122 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006

I'm over 60 and love BM. I also use IT but I always go back to BM. I get lots of compliments on my skin. I use either BM primer or Mally's primer over my moisturizer. I apply my foundation and buff, buff,buff.

LovemyBE1366341043.82325485 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

Hi Chatam, I'm not in your age group either, but I did give you some advice over on Beauty Banter in your duplicate post.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

GOLDEN KAR­EN1366342276.142291 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007

I'm 61 & when I do wear makeup I wear BM. Sometimes I use the loose foundation, sometimes the warmth. I still have some Smashbox Halo which I use sometimes too. I have Laura Geller's colored primer which helps too but I don't always use it.

Cassi1366346059.4274054 PostsRegistered 6/11/2007FL

I'm over 60 as well and I use Bare Minerals. I don't find that it accentuates my fine lines but you do have to buff at least a minute. And less is more. The more you apply the more likely it is to look too powdery. A little goes a long way. I don't use the mineral veil because that sometimes makes me look dry.

Brown hair highlighted with silver , blue/green eyes, Medium/Cool Winter

grannyjann­ie1366378624.428723 PostsRegistered 11/17/2006West of the Windy City

I am on the 'cusp' of 60, and I don't wear foundation, but I use everything else BE and LOVE IT! {#emotions_dlg.wub} I honestly think that foundation is not necessary for most women, and it's more flattering to just spot cover a few areas that might need special attention, but I wear BE loose blush and eyeshadow on a daily basis, and have been for quite some time.

And I just received my new Moxie lipstick and lipliner from BE, and want to say that they are absolutely wonderful!!!! BE has hit it out of the park with the new Moxie lipsticks. I am a huge lipstick junkie and very picky, but this new lipstick has me nearly doing backflips. The two colors I purchased are wonderful, they glide on like buttah, and wear very well. A+

Hopeless Romantic :)

Rabbit1366381411.7352 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006

I use BE every day - I will be 70 next week. I've been using it for about 7 years & would not use anything else. I do prefer the compressed make up to the loose (fought it at first) but it is sooooo much cleaner - no dust all over the counter. The only thing I don't use of BE is their mascara - I still use Avon's wash off waterproof.

MoooMooo1366399298.647236 PostsRegistered 1/3/2010Mesa, AZ

I am close to 60 and am way past fine lines. I have lots of wrinkles and acne scars. I just started using the Ready foundation and like it very much. I tried the new presicion brush but it is for heavy coverage and I don't want that much. I use a full flawless brush because I can buff with it. That helps to get into my scars and pores. I then use the pad that came with the ready mineral veil and press it on my nose and around my face. I then use warmth and blush. I dont' skip around trying other makeup. I tried liquid makeup years ago and didn't like it. Just tap a couple of times in the ready foundation and buff around your face. You really don't need much. I did use the loose minerals for several years but changed because the ready is a lot less messy.

60 + Brown hair, Brown eyes, Medium Beige - AZ = But it's a dry heat !!!

quesolvr1366411620.447232 PostsRegistered 9/9/2011

Id say the makeup you use really depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin, you won't do yourself any favors by using a powder, no matter what age you are, even with a primer. Just being honest, I know that might not be a popular statement. Id look for a cream or liquid, if dry, even a wax which can be found in makeup artistry brands. Getting lines, and even dare I say wrinkles (sorry:(, probably best to get something hydrating to plump all that up, again a cream or liquid. Now if your skin is still looking pretty crinkle free, and you are oily as in oily all over (even cheeks) which is very uncommon for your age group, then by all means use powder. I love bare minerals, but I do not love powder foundation if you are not oily.

Sawn1366412480.103680 PostsRegistered 2/9/2006

Guess I'm in the minority here... I am 56 and find BE way too drying for my skin. I did use it in my early 40's.

Now I find less is more....I use Isomers skin care, NO foundation, eyeliner, blush and lip gloss...and that's all!

kze1366413138.167414 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Hi Chatam. I'm 70 now (can't believe it!) and have been using BE about 10 years. Just recently I noticed it settling in wrinkles on my cheek area. I solved that by using a kabuki brush and with a very small amount "dabbing" instead of buffing that area. Repeat if necessary. I buff as usual on the rest of my face and always use original instead of matte because we need that slight glow to bounce light off the creases. Oh, I have dry skin and use the BE Brightening Primer. Love that stuff. The only Ready I've tried was a blush and it was too cakey on my skin. Can't stand heavy foundation on skin my age. Hope this helps.

Kay

TX-starlig­ht1366414200.8234688 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010

I am 60, been using BE about 7 yrs. I am very pleased with it.

hellokitty1366417647.381588 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004The land of Hang on Sloopy

i am close...58 and I would not use any other make up. I only have problems when I don't wear primer or buff enough.

Irshgrl312­011366418060.97314468 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

I think there are SO MANY other mineral foundations that look so much better than BE. I have worked as a makeup artist and I think it is one of the worst for aging. I haven't seen anyone (even my daughter who is 23)who doesn't look older in it. It highlights every wrinkle and pore. I think Laura Mercier has great mineral foundation that is so much better looking on the skin than BE.

lizzief1366418183.2172619 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011
I discovered BE about 7 years ago, I am a young 62. I also discovered what a huge difference a good primer makes. I use Laura Gellar. I've also found for me the key with BE is that less is more, and the finish is better with mineral veil. I'll never go back to liquid foundation - yuk!

littleredc­ar1366432415.94738 PostsRegistered 3/20/2008
I will be 67 in June and I use BE every day. I have found I really like the entire Ready Collection to the point that I do not plan to purchase the loose minerals again. My skin is combination and I have no problems with things getting stuck in the lines. I hate to go against the opinion of most, but I do like Ready. I travel a good bit, it works for those picky TSA people, it keeps my makeup nook less crowded and I just like the whole idea. Not that I didn't like the original too!

rbindcat1366498879.7231 PostsRegistered 4/20/2013

yes u should get back to bare minerls. it is so good for ur skin. i love it all never any problems. listen when they tell u how to use it that is the key to good application.

love love love bare minerls

Page 1 of 1