Handbag Clearance
113 Members and 12685 Guests Online

bareMinerals

Ready foundation - do you need mineral veil?

Started 1346027509.363 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1346260782.577 by DebinGA
replies
I didn't hear Leslie mention using mineral veil with the new foundation. Do you think it's necessary?

Page 1 of 1
kiki21346070755.0876969 PostsRegistered 7/3/2010SJ

Hi 2girlzmom! Welcome to the BE Forum! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

We can get a bit quiet around here sometimes, espeically on the weekends.

So far, none of us have received the new foundation to be able to share anything about it or how it may work for us. [or may not...] Even when Leslie presents the loose I don't think she shares whether to wear MV or not. Personally I just like to put it on no matter what foundation I'm wearing or sampling. It's such a great finishing powder to begin with.

Gals should start posting about this in a couple of days as the orders did start shipping out last Thurs. I think it was. maybe Fri. So stay tuned! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

BEwell,kiki

"Strong women want the BEST for each other!"... Auburn RED, green w/gold eyes, Light/Med Beige. Neutral-leans warm. 4 furbabies RIP My LittleGirl, Home will always be BE. Oh & I'm still Kiki, too...;)

smhr1346073846.0433822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

Only "speculating" but it may require a powder over top. It also may be the kind of foundation that transfers ( making my decision not to purchase easier ) and the reason Leslie brought up about the Mineral Veil.

2girlzmom1346114391.399 PostsRegistered 8/13/2011

Thanks, ladies. I guess I'll just experiment when I get mine.

katieqr1346158648.35329 PostsRegistered 7/10/2008

I am wearing this foundation for the first time today and YES,.,.. if you want a matte finish you will have to add MV or some other matte powder... this stuff is very very shiny on me... It was glowy when I put it on and now, an hour later, it is SHINING! I have toned it down with powder already.... but it is full coverage.... you only have to use a tiny bit.... and the brush is fantastic... I wore Fairly Medium in the Matte foundation and got the medium in this and it's a good match.

VelvetBlack1346171706.293190 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007Queens, NY

I used mine yesterday and didn't used Mineral Veil over it, but I didn't use Mineral Veil with the Original foundation either until my oily skin came shining through. My skin is not as oily now like it used to be, so I am not finding it necessary to use Mineral Veil at all, not even with the Ready foundation. I have to say though, at first, after I applied the Ready foundation, I was not "wow'd) by it. But after having it on for awhile, it really did look nice. I do not have flawless skin by any means, but this came pretty close to making it look flawless. I think I may just "fall in love" with this foundation and start using BE again. I had stopped for awhile because as I have gotten older, it was looking too powdery and cakey on me. So I started using either Josie Maran Matchmaker, or her new tinted moisturizer in the bottle (not the tube), or Tarte's new Maracuja foundation. I still like both, but I would love to go back to using BE, it was the first cosmetic that I absolutely loved when I first started using it, and felt bad when I had to stop.

You could try using Mineral Veil BEFORE you apply the foundation to cut any shine or perspiration (which I have a problem with in the summer). It's hard to get foundation to go on nicely when you are perspiring and your face is "damp".

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
Laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

vmnsc1346173624.856602 PostsRegistered 1/31/2010SC

Did any of you find that you needed to go up a shade from what you wore in the loose foundation or down a shade??? I'm confused by that b/c I've heard that some went up a shade and some down.... I wear Med. Beige in the winter and Med. Tan in the summer...so a little confused on which shade IF I were to purchase...my DD is very interested in trying the new Ready b/c she seems to think it will be easier for her to apply than needing my help with the loose....she is Med in winter...Med Beige in summer...

Confused!

TIA

vmnsc aka "V" call me "V"
"Children are the Rainbow of Life." Grand Children are the "Pot of Gold".
In memory of "Hannah Belle" ....I miss you so......03/18/2013

DebinGA1346260782.577166 PostsRegistered 6/19/2008

I would definitely not go down a shade. You might want to go up if you think the loose was borderline light on you. I wanted neutral instead of pink or golden, so I worry about what would happen if I had've went into the medium family. I think it would've been too dark. I have the Fairly Light.

Page 1 of 1