Just-Reduced Clearance
19 Members and 13745 Guests Online

bareMinerals

BE FAB(Friends and Benefits)

Started 1341441509.833 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1341723732.927 by SandyLouWho

I don't know if this is new (it is to me) but I just signed up for it. It's free and seems interesting. Have you signed up yet?

Page 1 of 1
rena71341457798.957821 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006Texas

Yes I have. Tomorrow is my birthday so I am wondering what they do for that. It has been counting down to my birthday for awhile. I don't know. I guess I will see in the morning.

Catstamper1341458967.1275891 PostsRegistered 1/28/2009Baltimore area

Happy Birthday, Rena!

Cat
Fairly medium BE, brownish gold hair with weird white highlights (where did they come from???) green eyes, except when they're blue! In memory of my Jazzie Cat, who went to kitty heaven.

SandyLouWho1341471935.664087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/4/2012 rena7 said:

Yes I have. Tomorrow is my birthday so I am wondering what they do for that. It has been counting down to my birthday for awhile. I don't know. I guess I will see in the morning.

What color did you say was your favorite???

Hope you have a great day!

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

SandyLouWho1341472131.524087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/4/2012 jordan2 said:

I don't know if this is new (it is to me) but I just signed up for it. It's free and seems interesting. Have you signed up yet?


FAB is very new; they had some troubles getting the site up & running, so they're behind the curve a bit from the original launch date. IF it's working completely now, it's "very" new, lol.

I have signed up online; hope to get to the boutique (closest for me is two hours away, in Dallas) before too long, where I've heard you can get a FAB card, whoo-hoo.

We're excited to finally earn credits for our online purchases as well as boutique buys. Yay!

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

jasbel1341476016.522407 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
On 7/4/2012 rena7 said:

Yes I have. Tomorrow is my birthday so I am wondering what they do for that. It has been counting down to my birthday for awhile. I don't know. I guess I will see in the morning.


They send you a Bday Gift. You should call customer service and make sure yours is being sent to you. The boutiue said that I had to pick mine up at the Boutique and I would get an email before my bday.

FiftiesDiva1341503017.60735 PostsRegistered 4/23/2011NY

Something I have been wondering about the birthday gifts:

Do u only have the one day to go to the Boutique and pick it up o do they give you an allotted amount of time to go in?

I would guess that they give you more than just on your birthday but haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

Thanks!

SandyLouWho1341533683.6774087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/5/2012 FiftiesDiva said:

I would guess that they give you more than just on your birthday

From what I read on the FAB site at be.com, there's a "period of time" and an expiration date, so it sounds like your assumption would be true ~ I'll see about asking the gals on BEA who've already gotten their bday gift (Princess if you chose purple, Heart if you selectted pink).

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

hellokitty1341534004.8831563 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004The land of Hang on Sloopy

My gift was a full size pot of Pebble e/s. I picked mine up at the boutique but FAB was so new that my gift notification was up for a month. Hope your gift is as nice as mine! Another poster had her birthday close to mine and she was given a full size pot of Cupcake I think.

rena71341535462.01821 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006Texas

Here is what it says.

To redeem your birthday gift, visit any Bare Escentuals boutique, outlet, BareEscentuals.com, or order through Bare Escentuals Customer Service. Present your FAB member card at a boutique or outlet to redeem your free gift. No purchase necessary on redemption in boutiques or outlets. Free gift can be redeemed online or though Customer Service when making a purchase. On bareescentuals.com, use the coupon code given in the email promotion description on the website and on your email at checkout. Offer valid 30 days from issuance. This offer may not be combined with any other offers and cannot be applied to previous purchases. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to ineligible use of coupon code and to modify or cancel this offer due to technical error or unforeseen problems. Free gift is subject to availability and Bare Escentuals reserves the right to substitute with product of equal or greater value. Void where prohibited.

rena71341535581.183821 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006Texas

From what I understand I wont get it unless I place an order or go to a boutique. I can't show my fab card since I don't have one. It looks like a pretty color.

SandyLouWho1341536441.94087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/5/2012 rena7 said:

From what I understand I wont get it unless I place an order or go to a boutique. I can't show my fab card since I don't have one. It looks like a pretty color.


It's my understanding that those of us who signed up online can get a card when/if we visit a boutique, and they sinc it with our online account, so that all of our purchases can be tracked.

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

kiki21341543679.026969 PostsRegistered 7/3/2010SJ
On 7/5/2012 rena7 said:

Here is what it says.

To redeem your birthday gift, visit any Bare Escentuals boutique, outlet, BareEscentuals.com, or order through Bare Escentuals Customer Service. Present your FAB member card at a boutique or outlet to redeem your free gift. No purchase necessary on redemption in boutiques or outlets. Free gift can be redeemed online or though Customer Service when making a purchase. On bareescentuals.com, use the coupon code given in the email promotion description on the website and on your email at checkout. Offer valid 30 days from issuance. This offer may not be combined with any other offers and cannot be applied to previous purchases. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to ineligible use of coupon code and to modify or cancel this offer due to technical error or unforeseen problems. Free gift is subject to availability and Bare Escentuals reserves the right to substitute with product of equal or greater value. Void where prohibited.


Is it just me or does the fact that someone has to BUY something to get their gift, since they don't have a Boutique to GO TO, ...sound wrong here. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If a gal doesn't have a boutie to go to she has to purchase something to get her gift?! Awww come onnnnnnnnn. What part of this s*u*c*k*s** does BE not get? I don't think it's very fair, at all. Most certainly it doesn't feel like a gift.

Please someone tell me I'm reading this wrong? And if there is nothing we may WANT to buy at the time???

I have my card from starting this process inside the Boutique but I've yet to set up my account. Guess I should start to think about doing this.

BEwell,kiki


"Strong women want the BEST for each other!"... Auburn RED, green w/gold eyes, Light/Med Beige. Neutral-leans warm. 4 furbabies RIP My LittleGirl, Home will always be BE. Oh & I'm still Kiki, too...;)

HangingTen1341544765.063116 PostsRegistered 8/30/2008
I think the standard for birthday gifts is that you must purchase something if ordering online - Sephora and Smashbox both do it too.

rena71341582763.95821 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006Texas
On 7/5/2012 SandyOhOh! said:
On 7/5/2012 rena7 said:

From what I understand I wont get it unless I place an order or go to a boutique. I can't show my fab card since I don't have one. It looks like a pretty color.


It's my understanding that those of us who signed up online can get a card when/if we visit a boutique, and they sinc it with our online account, so that all of our purchases can be tracked.

Do you know would you need to bring in your fab number? I might be by a boutique on sunday. I have to take my mom to the airport so I am going to look up and see if there is a boutique nearby. Otherwise I will just wait and see if I want to order anything this month. At least I have a month to decide.

SandyLouWho1341604227.1034087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/6/2012 rena7 said:

Do you know would you need to bring in your fab number? I might be by a boutique on sunday. I have to take my mom to the airport so I am going to look up and see if there is a boutique nearby. Otherwise I will just wait and see if I want to order anything this month. At least I have a month to decide.


Which airport, if I may ask... since I also live in TX, a couple hours from Big D. Just curious, no need to answer that if you're not comfortable.

Oh, yay ~ I missed this line in your earlier post: "Offer valid 30 days from issuance." Now I have an answer for Diva, lol. Was post #9 copied from your email from BE?

That's a good question ~ I think I'll write mine down now on a paper I keep in my wallet, just in case. I wonder if they'd have as much access to our accounts from the store as CS would if we spoke to them by phone. Of course, I'd probably have to give the phone rep the number, too.

I was pondering another question last night... The website says you have to sign in to FAB for your online purchases to count. I can't find a place to do that, but is that because my account is active and the site knows me when I log in from my personal computer and their links to me via email? Maybe I'm always signed in from here?{#emotions_dlg.huh}

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

rena71341605793.187821 PostsRegistered 1/5/2006Texas

I'm going to DFW. It looks like there is still a boutique in Arlington. I copied that off the info on the be website in my fab account. I didn't get the email until later in the day. It was similar with the wording just a little different.

I would think you are always logged in at the be site since you have to uncheck the box that says remember me to not stay logged in.

hellokitty1341618579.7831563 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004The land of Hang on Sloopy

Can you print your page and take that in since you don't have a fab number. I printed mine and the system wasn't even ready to take the info. The SA at the boutique took my paper and said she would take care of it later. She gave me my E/S and I was good to go. Of course I bought something because I had planned on it anyhow. SA said I didn't have to make a purchase.

SandyLouWho13416354804087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/6/2012 rena7 said:

1. I'm going to DFW. It looks like there is still a boutique in Arlington.

2. I copied that off the info on the be website in my fab account. I didn't get the email until later in the day. It was similar with the wording just a little different.

3. I would think you are always logged in at the be site since you have to uncheck the box that says remember me to not stay logged in.

1. Yes! MAC & Merle Norman also; there are BE boutiques at North Park & Willow Creek (where I usually go). If you ever want to meet up for lunch, we can see if there are some other gals who'd like to shop a bit ~ there are several of us spread around the various BE forums.

2. Thanks ~ I've been sickly and then not getting enough sleep, so I'm not seeing all of the info, even when I'm trying to read for it, lol. Can't type well, either.

3. That makes sense ~ I should go check again to see if my latest purchase has been counted.

Have a safe & fun trip!!!


“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

SandyLouWho1341687568.884087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/6/2012 rena7 said:

I'm going to DFW.

Guess what?!?!?! There's a Paragon Outlet opening in August in GRAND PRAIRIE, and there will be a Bare Escentuals OUTLET STORE there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gettin' all twitchy just thinking about it. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

FiftiesDiva1341719389.60735 PostsRegistered 4/23/2011NY
On 7/6/2012 SandyOhOh! said:

1. Oh, yay ~ I missed this line in your earlier post: "Offer valid 30 days from issuance." Now I have an answer for Diva, lol. Was post #9 copied from your email from BE?

2. I was pondering another question last night... The website says you have to sign in to FAB for your online purchases to count. I can't find a place to do that, but is that because my account is active and the site knows me when I log in from my personal computer and their links to me via email? Maybe I'm always signed in from here?{#emotions_dlg.huh}

1. I thought that they would give more time than just one day! I'm comforted to know for sure!

2. It looks like when I go to the BE website and log in as normal it automaticly directs me to the FAB page within the site. Then I can navigate the site from there. Is this what happens when you log in to the BE website? Maybe it's different if you wait until checkout to log in.

-Diva

SandyLouWho1341723732.9274087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas
On 7/7/2012 FiftiesDiva said:

It looks like when I go to the BE website and log in as normal it automaticly directs me to the FAB page within the site. Then I can navigate the site from there. Is this what happens when you log in to the BE website? Maybe it's different if you wait until checkout to log in.


I'm always logged in (unless my cookies get cleared in some fluke incident, like happened a few weeks ago), as long as I'm starting from my home computer.

In any case, I think you're correct. I hope so!

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

Page 1 of 1