Fall Fashion Days
142 Members and 13937 Guests Online

bareMinerals

Why Hasn't Bare Escentuals Been On The Q & Where is Leslie?

Started 1340932608.623 in bareMinerals | Last reply 1341533844.21 by VelvetBlack

This is my 1st time on the discussion boards, so if this has already been addressed - I apologize. Where has bare minerals make-up been and why hasn't Leslie been on TV forever? I remember when i used to tune in and Leslie was on TV constantly. I just got an email from BE stating that they will be doing auto-delivery from their website. Does this mean that they are phasing out the shows and the A-D on the Q? Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Page 1 of 1
Nicki51340932694.429 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

i"m sorry, I lied about not posting before. I just saw that I did it in 2011 and before.

SandyLouWho1340935826.084087 PostsRegistered 6/21/2007Deep In The Heart Of Texas

Click on Blog Posts above your OP and read about all the shows & products that were on just last month, including Leslie.

Click on BEAUTY and select bareMinerals, then scroll through all of the products available here on Q. BEbM is always "on" the Q website.

Why do you assume that BEbM hasn't been on or that Leslie is somehow MIA? She may be at home in San Francisco, or perhaps visiting one of her boutiques around the country and the world. She's a very busy, hard working lady.

Where were YOU in May? I just don't understand the accusatory tone of your post.

We're just BEbM fans here, sharing our love of mineral makeup and answering product questions when we can. It's not like we're in charge of the Q's scheduling, so if that's your issue, go ask someone in charge of QVC.

If you're genuinely interested in Leslie's business, you can read her blog posts here, follow her on Facebook/Twitter, and/or google any number of articles about her, new product developments from BE for both the bareMinerals line and the Buxom line (carried exclusively by Sephora).

Click on "About Us":

http://www.bareescentuals.com/

HTH! Have a BEautiful evening!!!

Last edited on 7/5/2012

“That's me in the corner; That's me in the spotlight, Losing my religion"
~ Bill Berry, Peter Buck, Mike Mills, & Michael Stipe: R.E.M.

sudsgirl1340937723.073542 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
I think you gave a very nasty answer to a very honest question.

Last edited on 7/5/2012

Be the person your dog thinks you are .... I love you Maggie dog!

Nicki51340938079.7739 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

Thank you Sudsgirl. I thought it was just me thinking that the reply was nasty. Someone must be having a bad evening.

Last edited on 7/5/2012

Nicki51340938253.029 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

SandyOhOh - sorry to have upset you. If I had seen the shows, I wouldn't have asked the question. Give Leslie my regards.

Irshgrl312­011340938289.63713900 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 6/28/2012 SandyOhOh! said:

Click on Blog Posts above your OP and read about all the shows & products that were on just last month, including Leslie.

Click on BEAUTY and select bareMinerals, then scroll through all of the products available here on Q. BEbM is always "on" the Q website.

Why do you assume that BEbM hasn't been on or that Leslie is somehow MIA? She may be at home in San Francisco, or perhaps visiting one of her boutiques around the country and the world. She's a very busy, hard working lady.

Where were YOU in May? I just don't understand the accusatory tone of your post.

We're just BEbM fans here, sharing our love of mineral makeup and answering product questions when we can. It's not like we're in charge of the Q's scheduling, so if that's your issue, go ask someone in charge of QVC.

If you're genuinely interested in Leslie's business, you can read her blog posts here, follow her on Facebook/Twitter, and/or google any number of articles about her, new product developments from BE for both the bareMinerals line and the Buxom line (carried exclusively by Sephora).

Click on "About Us":

http://www.bareescentuals.com/

Wow. Take it easy... I think your post is the one that needs some help. Accusatory tone? Lol... I didn't get that at all. She obviously missed them and was wondering if they were still on.

Yes, OP Bare Essentuals is still here, you must have missed them.

sudsgirl1340938524.58542 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
Nikki5. ... You don't owe anyone an apology.

Be the person your dog thinks you are .... I love you Maggie dog!

wdeerest1340939781.537981 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Good grief, SandyOhOh!, the OP just asked a question. No need to jump on her like that....wow.

LovemyBE1340940224.8725363 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008

Nikki5,

I completely understand your post and question. I didn't see anything wrong with it and of course if you don't come to the forums often, how would you know without asking? I agree with sudsgirl, you have no reason to appologize. Smile I also agree, Leslie use to be on constantly and over the past year, the QVC shows & her appearances have lessoned. She was on in May and no word on her next show, but rumor has it that it won't be until November. Jessica will be doing alot of the shows now as Leslie heads more into product development.

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

Nicki51340940857.89 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

Thanks guys. I got more info in everyone else's few sentences than I did from one long rant. I appreciate your replies. Nicki

gatorgal251340973298.442980 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007
On 6/28/2012 sudsgirl said: I think you gave a very nasty answer to a very honest question.

Agree. The OP came to the source with a valid question. This is not beauty banter. =)

Shopping G­aGa1340977012.853341 PostsRegistered 2/10/2010

Hi Nicki.

I was wondering the same thing. I love BE and Leslie and she hasn't been on as much. I got many pointers from the shows and watched them all the time. They do seem to be on less frequently.

You asked an honest question and you do not need to apologize to anyone. I hope that harsh tirade does not discourage you from posting. JMHO

Neytiri1341010508.721247 PostsRegistered 6/28/2012The Hallelujah Floating Mountains of Pandora

To the OP. did you know that Leslie is no longer the CEO of BE? She mentioned, during the self tanning TSV I believe, that she would not be back for awhile.

I follow her facebook posts. She was in Europe a few weeks ago.

Why is BE not on that much anymore? Who knows? Maybe it was a decision by the current owner or maybe sales are down and the Q has cut air time.

HTH

Jake, Awah has heard you!

theatrebiz1341496273.177969 PostsRegistered 8/23/2007

It seems like things go in streaks. BE was on a lot in Jan & April (since there were TSV's), and June has been monopolized by Chaz Dean and the WEN gallons (I love WEN, but he was on a LOT).

I sort of agree with Neyteri, I think their sales might be down a bit, based on my observation that it seems like the limited editions and special kits are not selling out any more. Again, this is totally my perspective and anecdotal, but it seems like in the past special kits and TSV's would sell out during the on air presentation, if not in advance (it always seemed like any kit with fair foundation would sell out before it was even presented).

For example, I remember the days of the week kit, that is the sort of thing that would sell out immediately, and I remember seeing multiple presentations and think it might even still be available.

Maybe some of us (like me) have realized that we have enough BE for a lifetime or are cutting back due to the economy, etc.

Michele

smhr1341496695.193822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA
On 6/28/2012 SandyOhOh! said:

Example of passive/aggressive behavior.

To the O.P., I was wondering the same. I don't follow B.E. or Leslie on a regular basis, but there must be a reason for her absence. I do like the 100% lipgloss in the BareMinerals line Smile.

VelvetBlack1341533844.213203 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007Queens, NY

I thought I heard Leslie say that she will be back in August, not 100% sure though. I really miss her on the Q too.

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
Laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Page 1 of 1