Contributor

What happened to B. Makowsky bags? They had so many TSV with him in the previous years, but this past year you hardly ever (if ever) see a show with his handbags. Most of them are on clearance. Is he gone? Did anyone hear anything? They did the same with Kathy VanZeeland bags. What's going on?

Honored Contributor

If you look down to the third and last thread under this (BMak) category, you'll find a somewhat lengthy thread about the status of BMak bags... No need to reinvent the wheel...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Courtney was on in the wee hours of the morning today. I dvr'd it and they are obviously getting ready to close this line down on the Q. Every handbag was on clearance and 6 ez pays. I have a hobo in pebbled leather w/silver hardware that is one of the best handbags I've owned. The leather is incredibly supple. Not thin and stiff like other bags.

P.S. I found it at Marshall's on clearance. Score!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

From what I understand, it's because of the color transferring and the non-existent customer service.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/18/2014 stevieb said:

If you look down to the third and last thread under this (BMak) category, you'll find a somewhat lengthy thread about the status of BMak bags... No need to reinvent the wheel...

Wink

Well, that thread is gone and now there's one thread under the B Mak subforum. One thread with one reply. I can't say that I'll miss this line if it disappears.
Valued Contributor

I saw Kathy Van Zeeland bags being sold on ShopHQ (I think that's the name - it used to be ShopNBC). Both Kathy and Bruce sold their companies to a large conglomerate.

Respected Contributor

Non-existent c/s would be a deal breaker for me. Never had to resort to this, thank goodness.

I hadn't even considered the transfer of dye until it was mentioned here. This has not happened with my bag.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

BMak, KVZ, and Tig were all owned by KVZ and sold a few years ago to a Chinese conglomerate. So while the names are the same, the products themselves are not. And the marketing strategies and management are different. I don't even know if Bruce and Kathy are still involved in any aspect of the company... they may or may not participate in the design end, but they are not in charge of manufacturing, distribution, marketing, etc.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

BMak, KVZ, and Tig were all owned by KVZ and sold a few years ago to a Chinese conglomerate. So while the names are the same, the products themselves are not. And the marketing strategies and management are different. I don't even know if Bruce and Kathy are still involved in any aspect of the company... they may or may not participate in the design end, but they are not in charge of manufacturing, distribution, marketing, etc.

Li & Fung bought the KVZ, B Makowsky, and Tignanello handbag lines a few years ago.