Contributor

I just gave a 5 star on a B bag that I adore..wow so shock to see made in China..really...no doubt with all the money we pay for the bags, and the amnt. that is sold, don't you think we could pay min. wage and make them in the good USA..just so sad that so many companies need to go cheap wages overseas...no wonder people are still getting extensions on U. employment..just sad.

Respected Contributor
It's very sad. We so need manufacturing to come back to the USA
Contributor

We need to stop buying.

Trusted Contributor

It would be great, if it were that simple.

We live in a Global economy.

Sadly, made in the USA is not a guarantee of quality, anymore than made in China, automatically means shoddy.

Super Contributor
I try to buy American the best I can. Every little bit helps.
Honored Contributor

I believe the company is now owned by an Asian conglomerate. Why would they make their bags anywhere else?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 1/21/2014 stevieb said:

I believe the company is now owned by an Asian conglomerate. Why would they make their bags anywhere else?

Can you post a link? I couldn't find anything in the public record about a sale.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor
On 1/20/2014 upbeat369 said:

I just gave a 5 star on a B bag that I adore..wow so shock to see made in China..really...no doubt with all the money we pay for the bags, and the amnt. that is sold, don't you think we could pay min. wage and make them in the good USA..just so sad that so many companies need to go cheap wages overseas...no wonder people are still getting extensions on U. employment..just sad.

Funny, you think the people who make handbags that last a lifetime should be paid minimum wage if working in the USA. Ummm that's poverty level. I sure hope the Chinese workers can afford to actually live off the wages they're paid.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

Even bags that say they are made in Italy may only have the name plate attached in that country while the rest of the bag is made offshore somewhere else.

Most handbags are made in China nowadays.

Super Contributor
On 1/20/2014 upbeat369 said:

no wonder people are still getting extensions on U. employment..just sad.

I thought unemployment extensions were cancelled?