Respected Contributor

Easter Time at the Back Fence

Well here we go - another month at the Back Fence. Am decorating it with some pretty tulips and other flowers. Have a Bunny or two - not live ones - to place around the Fence. Will appreciate some more decorations if any of you have the time. Am also bringing some Easter Egg dye so we can dye some eggs in a few days for all who visit. Anyone want to bring some eggs?

Stripes spent the night inside and so we all bedded down - when all the people AND all the critters are in, this is one full house - literally.

Again, stop by and visit - great memories here at the Fence and we like to add to memory lane also.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter Time at the Back Fence

Hi Freddie, thanks for shoring up the fence. You know what this means? It's warming up and I will be dragging all sorts of things to the fence (lol). It's been years since I've dyed eggs for Easter - good memories.

I brought some of these outdoor eggs for the spruce

Image result for outside spring decorating ideas

I also brought some of these to attach to the fence itself

3D Sculpted Butterflies Wall Art - Set of 3

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Aww geez Freddie - I just heard on the news that the governor of CA is enacting even tougher water restrictions. Michigan is a friendly state and the cold isn't that bad. There are two nice ranch houses with nice sized yards for sale on my block (hint, hint).

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Fencers - here's a happy bunny for you

Bunny GIF Dump, Part Four 11

Honored Contributor

Isn't this cute? Just in case you're hungry.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Regular Contributor

Oh, my the fence looks so festive and the cake looks delectable!!! Thanks Anika and welcome.

We've both been a little under the weather, but are better and the weather is so gorgeous here and the crabapple tree in our back yard is laden with beautiful pink blooms and my orchid is still among the living so pretty much all's well.

Freddie, I saw on the news tonight that Californians are encouraged to do away with their lawns and go desert and the government pays to help achieve this change. I was appalled at the extent of the drought. What a difficult situation for everyone there. Jim said we got out at the right time and I agreed as I'd hate to be facing this water shortage and sorry that you as well as our other many friends and relatives living there.

BirdMama, I love that little bunny you posted. I have collected stuffed bunnies for years and have them all over the house......big, little, fancy, plain, fabric and ceramic. I've brought several of them to add to the two that Freddie brought to sit on the fence post's and I also brought boiled eggs to dye. It's been a while since I hunted for them, but sounds like fun. How is your feathered family?

BirdMama and Freddie, thanks for the comments on my outfit that I didn't particularly like. I appreciated your suggestions and the pic you included. I'm 'rethinking' the outfit.

Happy Thursday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Hi Sue, my middle sister Mary is born in April and the year she was born, she happened to be born on Easter Sunday. Her birthday has never fallen on Easter Sunday again and she is celebrating her 55th birthday this month. Fast forward to her high school years. One of her girl friends thought it would be cool to buy her a live bunny (because of the Easter connection).

His name was Marty and he had strawberry blonde hair like me

Image result for red haired rabbit Looked something like this

Well, my Mom had never raised a rabbit before. She litter pan trained Marty and it worked unless you snuck up on Marty and startled him Smile. He was very affectionate and seemed to get along with the cats. We had him for a couple of years and ended up giving him to my brother in laws best friend who had a small farm. Marty started chasing the cats around and trying to 'have relations' with him and one day my Mom discovered Marty's um, nether regions, looked swollen so we ran him to our local vet because we thought he might be ill. The local vet had a good laugh and said even though Marty was healthy - he has magnificent shiny hair - she stated that Marty needed a wife. Looking back now, I don't think the thought of having him neutered crossed my Mom's mind. Our vet never even suggested it. She seemed to be more of the opinion that Marty should run wild with others of his kind.

My brother in laws friend didn't raise rabbits to eat them or anything. Actually, he had lots of land but never really farmed anything that I can think of.

That rabbit might have been given to my sister, but I loved him like he was mine. I was the only person who allowed him to snuggle my neck and cuddle - I never feared being nipped.

Honored Contributor

Anika - thanks for the cake, that buttercream frosting looks delish!

Regular Contributor

I love the Marty story; was he allowed to go wild?

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Queenofo2 said:

I love the Marty story; was he allowed to go wild?

Yes, Paul's BF took Marty and Marty did well with the other rabbits.