Respected Contributor

To anyone feeling sad or down today....you are enough.

~To the man and/or boy reading this: you are enough.~

You don't have to have a chiseled body or six-pack abs to be considered handsome. You're not a slimy, sweaty, meat head if you do have a chiseled body and six-pack abs. You're still good looking if you have age spots and laugh lines. You're still good looking if you have zits and pimples. You are brave, you are handsome, you are strong, you are brilliant, you are a prince, you are a king. You deserve to be respected and loved.

~To the woman and/or girl reading this: you are enough.~

You don't have to have a perfect bust line or a washboard tummy to be considered beautiful. You're not a vain, snooty airhead if you do have a perfect bust line and a washboard tummy. You're still pretty if you have age spots and laugh lines. You're still pretty if you have zits and pimples. You are brave, you are beautiful, you are strong, you are intelligent, you are a princess, you are a queen. You deserve to be respected and loved.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: To anyone feeling sad or down today....you are enough.

That's lovely, NC Bandwagon! Thanks for sharing it.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Sadly, society places much importance on appearances. Billions are spent on beauty products and cosmetic surgery instead of focusing on what is important. I prefer to see a real person who isn't afraid to show their flaws and who is willing to open up their heart and share reality.

Thanks for posting NC Bandwagon.

Respected Contributor

Well said, RetRN. I never could relate to the obsession of superficiality. What is driving this societal need for artificial (perceived) perfection?

I fear it will lead to transplanting brains into some actual artificial humanoid body eventually.

Hello, today and thank you, NCBandwagon!

Honored Contributor

I was just in an elementary school the other day and saw so many posters that stressed those same thoughts. Sadly, with social media there are always people who will pick on others in a very public way.