Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends! Hope your day went well, and you all have better weather now. We do, snow is melted, hope no more comes, but you never know. Lori was here for a fish supper, it was so nice to have her over, it always is. Sammy got groomed today and he looks so handsome!! My blessings today are ordinary, but good ones! Thanks be to God for the ordinary blessings!! Wishing you all God’s blessings – and answers to your prayers. God be with you all!
God is always at work in your life. Notice His light on the events of your day.
Lord, I sometimes look without really seeing. Help me to pause and notice.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely,
and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us."
~Hebrews 12:1

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

Spiritual development can be achieved by daily persistence in living
the way we believe God wants us to live. Like the wearing away of a
stone by steady drops of water, so can our daily persistence wear away
all the difficulties and gain spiritual success for us. We need never
falter in our daily, steady persistence. We can go forward boldly and
unafraid. God can help and strengthen us, as long as we are trying to
do God's will.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may persist day by day in gaining spiritual experience.
I pray that I may make this a lifetime work.
Psalm 79:1–9

Remember not our past sins; let your compassion be swift to meet us; for we have been brought very low (v. 8).

“Everyone complains of a lack of memory,” the American humorist Ken Hubbard wrote, “but nobody of a want of judgment.” Indeed a photographic memory is an envied ability—unless it enables you to remember something you want to be forgotten. You might wish for some things to be left in the past. Or feel haunted by the memory that “we have left undone those things which we ought to have done, and done those things which we ought not to have done,” as the traditional Prayer Book confession puts it. As you journey through Lent, reflect on what you carry with you, particularly the memory of sin. Ask for healing strength to carry on. You’ll be asked to repent and then to accept that God not only forgives us but forgets your sins, even if others do not. Then use God’s compassion for you as a blueprint for the way to forgive others.

Take Me Too

I was driving to the grocery store just thinking of everything on
my list to do today. Taking the kids to soccer practice, cleaning the
house, getting groceries, getting the oil changed in the car, the list
went on and on. I was feeling overwhelmed and was already tired
before I had even gotten started.

On my way to the store I saw something horrible happen, a
train had run into a car that was crossing the tracks. I thought
"Oh no! This is horrible, there is no way the driver of that car
could have lived!!"

I was the closest car to the tracks so I put my car in
park and got out. I ran over to the car and looked in and could
not believe what I was seeing. Tears came to my eyes and I
just couldn't take it. Inside the car was a woman driving that
was obviously dead. In the backseat was a baby in it's car
seat bleeding everywhere and next to the baby was a little
girl who I guessed to be about 4 years old and she was bleeding also.

Just then the little girl spoke. She said, "Is my mommy and
baby sister okay?" I just looked at her and said, "Honey I
don't know. There is a doctor on his way right now."

Just then the little girl started crying saying, "Don't take my mommy
and my baby sister. Take me with you too!! Please!!" She was
pleading at who knows what to take her - but take her where???
I asked the little girl who she was talking to and she said,
"Don't you see? That Angel is taking my mommy and my baby
sister! I want to go with them too! My mommy is waving goodbye
to me and she is holding my baby sister and she is smiling!"

The little girl started to cry because she did not want to
stay, she wanted to go with her mommy and her baby sister.
I felt so sorry for her. I didn't believe in God and I thought to
myself, where did an Angel come from? What kind of God would
take a mommy and a baby but not the little sister?

At that moment I saw the little girl start to smile so big
as she held her arms out to something, someone to pick
her up. I thought to myself that she must be delirious and
maybe she is hurt worse than I thought. Just then the little girl
closed her eyes and slumped over in her seat. She was dead!

I couldn't be sad even though this was a 4-year-old little

girl that had just died. You wouldn't be sad either if you could see
that beautiful smile on her face! I guess her mommy and baby
sister came back to get her. That was also the day that God
came to get me - as that was the day that I became a
believer and turned my life over to the Living God.

Jesus said, " if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed
of you before my Father."

Yes, I do love God.
He is my source of existence and Savior and
keeps me functioning each and
everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing.
Without Him, I am nothing but with Him
I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

March 27

Be still in My Presence, even though countless tasks clamor for your attention. Nothing is as important as spending time with Me. While you wait in My Presence, I do My best work within you: transforming you by the renewing of your mind. If you skimp on this time with Me, you may plunge headlong into the wrong activities, missing the richness of what I have planned for you.

Do not seek Me primarily for what I can give you. Remember that I, the Giver, am infinitely greater than any gift I might impart to you. Though I delight in blessing My children, I am deeply grieved when My blessings become idols in their hearts. Anything can be an idol if it distracts you from Me as your First Love. When I am the ultimate Desire of your heart, you are safe from the danger of idolatry. As you wait in My Presence, enjoy the greatest gift of all: Christ in you, the hope of Glory!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
—Romans 12:2

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
—Revelation 2:4

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
—Colossians 1:27 – From Jesus Calling

<h3>Lenten Prayer</h3>
Father, you have taught us to overcome our sins by prayer, fasting and works of mercy. When we are discouraged by our weakness, give us confidence in your love. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Today's readings 3/27/15
Jer.20:10-13; Ps.18:2-7; Jn.10:31-42 - From Patrick Carnevale
Our faith in God's Word and what the Cross and Empty Tomb represent makes each one of us a child of God in a unique way, and since we are sons and daughters of God then the "good works" Jesus attributes to the Father's Work being accomplished through Him which confirm His True Identity can and should be seen being manifested in our lives as well. Those "works of the Father" are what make us "a people peculiarly His Own" (Deut.26:18) and set us apart form the rest of the world, and because of that we are sure to encounter people with "stones" in their hands that they want to throw at us. Like Jeremiah it's only natural to want to see hateful people like that punished, but if we really are peculiar and different then the mindset we should have should be like that of Our Lord who calls us to "Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you..." (Mt.5:44-45), all in order to confirm that we really are "...children of Your Heavenly Father". Yes, loving those people who get some sort of twisted pleasure our of deliberately hurting others is no easy task, in fact it's impossible to do on our own, but as Jesus tells us in Mk.10:27 "All things are possible with God" as long as we remain true to our identity as His children. Jesus clearly points out to His enemies that the "good works" He was performing were nothing more than the Father working through Him, the same holds true for each one of us, and when we acknowledge that Truth and humbly accept His Will for us we, like Jeremiah, David and Jesus, will "escape from the power" of all those who hate us for being who and Whose we are.
God bless you,
In Jesus - Pat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Jesus! I love You more than words can say! Have mercy upon us all!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Gloria , I was hoping your new thread would be here. I can't sleep too much coughing. So I'm just laying here reading and enjoying your thread. They are telling us that we may get some kind of snow this weekend, I hope they are wrong. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Harlene, I wish I could send you some Vicks Cough Drops! Have you tried a hot toddy? I've had this last year and remember it very well. I would take some cough medicine, didn't work, sometimes Southern Comfort in hot water with honey helps. Or hot toddy with lemon juice and honey. Have you been to the doctor? Praying for you so you can stop coughing and have a good night's rest and a good day tomorrow. May Jesus heal you!

Valued Contributor

Harlene, Hope something worked for your cough last night, and you were able to get some sleep. Feel better! We did get snow last night, but I can't tell how much until I get outside, as we still had snow on the ground.

Gloria, I loved the story about the little girl in the accident. Sad, and uplifting at the same time. Glad you had a nice dinner with Lori.

Hello to all of our other posters and readers. I have no plans for today, other than getting some housework done. DH and friends are making kielbosi today, and I'm praying he doesn't fall with the snow. He's so unsteady on dry ground anyway, so this is a challenge he does not need. Have a great weekend everyone! pinky

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm so congested especially at night. I have to way h what I take because I'm on blood pressure meds. My husband got something that our pharmacists Judy recommended. I hope it helps. Of course I am more than willing to try some of those toddies. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pinky and Harlene! I liked that story too, Pinky, it's an old one I used for my list before, but always good to read again, Harlene, you take good care of yourself. Going to Mass tonight, and I'll be praying for you to sleep well, and take some hot toddy - can't hurt and it could help relieve your cough.