Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends! Beautiful day here today, sun shining all day! Yet too cold for the patio yet, but that day will come next week, I believe. Last night it was great visiting with every one again of my in-laws, a table for 11. After that we were invited to go to Lori’s to meet Jeremy and we did – as it was on the way home. What a nice guy he is, we were impressed and he’s a good conversationalist and we are happy she found a good man – finally, one she really likes back. He took the bus back to Texas now, and will get his belongings, saying goodbye to friends there, and bring his truck back. His plans then is to live with his sister until he finds a job and an apt. in our town. He plans on going back to Mass again, and that’s a good thing! Praise the Lord – what a blessing to see my prayers unfold and gradually being answered for Lori. Thanks be to God! Thank you also for your prayers.
When you feel anger, allow yourself no more than 5 minutes because after
that, anger is self-indulging and turns quickly to hatred and rage. Lord, You
are a forgiving God. Heal my hurts.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y
"Jesus said to Thomas, 'Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed
are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.'" ~John 20:29
M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y
It is not possible for us to fully understand the universe. The simple fact
is that we cannot even define space or time. They are both boundless, in
spite of all we can do to try to limit them. We can never know all things,
nor are we made to know them. Much of our lives must be taken on faith.
P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y
I pray that my faith may be based on my own experience of the power of God
in my life. I pray that I may know this one thing above all else.
UNFOLDING THE ROSEBUD
It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of GOD's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so sweetly,
When in my hands they fade and die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of GOD's design,
Then how can I think I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I'll trust in Him for His leading
Each moment of every day.
I will look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.
The pathway that lies before me,
Only my heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose.
-- Author Unknown
The Lord keeps a clean house
I heard someone knocking at my heart´s door,
and I looked to see that it was Jesus the Lord.
I knew right away that I couldn´t let him in,
because my heart was too dirty from the stains of sin.
Jealousy and strife hung on the walls
Lying and cheating litered the halls
Envy and lust hung on the shelf
Along with alcohol and drugs that I had put there myself.
Hatred and malice was scattered all around.
Murder and robbery could even be found.
Fornication and adultery were plentiful too.
Jesus kept knocking, but what could I do?
I said, "Lord, it´s too dirty for you to come in.
Wait another day, and come back again.
Let me clean it up the best that I can,
so that when you return, I´ll be a better man".
But the Lord said, "Child, you listen to me.
There´s no possible way you can get it clean.
You´ve tried and you´ve tried, but it still looks the same.
But I´ll clean it for you by the power of my name.
It´s something that you just cannot do alone.
But I´ll wash it with my blood, because it is my home.
So open the door and let me come in.
I´ll clean up those dirty stains of sin".
I opened the door and he was faithful and true.
He cleaned it right up, now everything´s new.
Now when my heart gets dirty, it doesn´t stay for long.
Because Jesus, my Lord, keeps a very clean home.
Anonymous writer
A Prayer for Lent
God of times and seasons, you have brought us again to Lent for the study of Your Word, for the remembrance of the temptation of Your Son, and for the contemplation of His Cross. The birds know their seasons; forbid that we be blind to our times. Grant us a Lenten blessing, and may no one miss this time of growth. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen
The Four Candles

The Four Candles burned slowly.
Their Ambiance was so soft you
could hear them speak...

The first candle said, "I Am Peace, but these days, nobody wants to keep me lit."

Then Peace's flame slowly diminishes and goes out completely.

The second candle says, "I Am Faith, but these days, I am no longer indispensable."

Then Faith's flame slowly diminishes and goes out completely.

Sadly the third candle spoke, "I Am Love and I haven't the strength to stay lit any longer."
"People put me aside and don't understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them."

And waiting no longer, Love goes out completely.

Suddenly...

A child enters the room and sees the three candles no longer burning.

The child begins to cry, "Why are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit until the end."

Then the Fourth Candle spoke gently to the little boy, "Don't be afraid, for I Am Hope, and while I still burn, we can re-light the other candles."

With Shining eyes the child took the Candle of Hope and lit the other three candles.

Never let the Flame of Hope go out of your life.

With Hope, no matter how bad things look and are...Peace, Faith and Love can Shine Brightly in our lives.

Author Unknown

March 26

Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself. Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live: all day, every day. I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties.

I have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me: renewed strength, living above one’s circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence. Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will. It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presence is fullness of Joy.

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
—Lamentations 3:24–26

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
—Isaiah 40:31

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
—Psalm 16:11 – From Jesus Calling

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Good evening!

I haven't been on QVC in weeks now but tonight I thought I'd drop by and say hello to everyone and hope that all is well.

Peace and blessings.

Be still, and know.
Esteemed Contributor

Lucy - HI! Nice to see you again! Thought you were taking a break from here, we missed you!!!

Julie - nice to see Lucy back, for sure! And you are not driving me crazy!!

Honored Contributor

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Good Morning! Lucy, So nice to see your post! Hope all has been well, and you can stop by more often.

Gloria, I love the candle story you posted. Very sweet. How nice that Lori's relationship is coming together nicely!

Julie, I think we're expecting the same colder weather that you are. Not really the best news. It rained buckets late afternoon yesterday, but is calm this morning. A warm up for Easter would be so nice.

Hello to all of our other posters and readers! Hope you have a nice day today, and a good weekend. Palm Sunday is finally here this weekend. Lent felt very long to me this time, so I'm happy it's coming to a close soon. Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hey Lucy so happy to see you back. Gloria I'm very happy for Lori. I will continue to pray for her happiness. I'm still trying to get over this cold. I'm so tired from coughing all night. Maybe I'll improve when the weather improves. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Trusted Contributor

Hello friends. It is snowing here AGAIN. It is only in the 30's. It is a stay at home day. I wish all of you many blessings filled with joy and love. I hope you have a good day all of you. Maybe Spring will come soon. I pray for warmer weather. Talk to you later.