Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello my friends, Here’s hoping you all have a very blessed and positive evening and your day went well too. Mine did, so many ordinary blessings that God brings to us freely, that all we need to do is notice them and thank Him so none get taken advantage of. Shortly we will be going to Adoration, and I’ll be bringing all your intentions to our Lord, Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. He knows you all, and loves you all unconditionally, and He knows what you all need. All we want is His will, as that is the best possible way to have our prayers answered. More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.
Each morning gives us one more chance to pray, one more chance to help
another and one more chance to make this a better world. Lord, thank you
for working in and through everything.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"God says, 'I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have
compassion on whom I have compassion.' So it depends not on human will or
exertion, but on God who shows mercy." ~Romans 9:15-16

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

We cannot have a spiritual need which God cannot supply. Our fundamental
need is a spiritual need, the need of power to live the good life. The best
spiritual supply is received by us when we want it to pass on to other
people. We get it largely by giving it away.
God can give us strength as we pass it on to another person. That strength
can mean increased health; increased health can mean more good work, and
more good work can mean more people helped. And so it goes on, a constant
supply to meet all spiritual needs.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that my every spiritual need may be supplied by God. I pray that I
may use the power I receive to help others.
<center>Prayer to Jesus Christ, to obtain His Holy Love</center>

My crucified Jesus, I confess You to be the true Son of God and my Savior. I adore and thank You for the death You did suffer for me. My dear Redeemer, if I have [until now] done nothing but offend You, I am now sorry for it above all things, and I desire nothing but to love You. You have promised to hear those who pray to You; by the merits of Your Passion, I ask You to give me Your holy love. Ah, draw my heart entirely to Yourself, that from this day forward I may love You with all my strength, and may love none other but You; and so may I one day come to love You for all eternity in paradise. Amen

Short Prayers for Lent

Heavenly Father, I am called to walk by the light of Christ, your Son, and to trust in his wisdom.

During Lent, I submit my self to him more and more and am striving to believe in him with all my heart.

I enter on this path of repentance so that in dying to self I might rise to new life.

Lord Jesus, you spoke peace to a sinful world and brought mankind the gift of reconciliation by the suffering and death you endured. I love you and joyfully bear the name 'Christian.' Teach me to follow your example. Increase my faith, hope and charity so that I may struggle to turn hatred to love and conflict to peace.

Loving Redeemer through your passion, teach me self-denial, strengthen me against evil and adversity and so make me ready to celebrate your Resurrection.

Healer of body and soul, cure the sickness in my spirit so that I may grow in holiness through your constant care.

Forgive my sins against the unity of your family; make me love as you loved me.

Good Master, make me mindful of the dignity you gave me in Baptism, may I live for you at every moment.

Give me a perfect heart to receive your work, that I may bring forth fruit in patience.

Renew my eagerness to work with you in building a better world, so that my friends may hear your gospel of peace and justice.

From The Pocket Prayer Book: A Manual for Catholics,

The Regina Press, New York.

You Have Prepared A Cross For Me
O my people, what have I done to you?
How have I hurt you? Answer me.
I led you out of Egypt,
From slavery I set you free;
I brought you into the land of promise,
You have prepared a cross for me.
I led you as a shepherd,
I brought you safely through the sea;
Fed you with manna in the desert,
I fought for you in battles,
I won you strength and victory;
Gave you a royal crown and scepter,
I planted you, my vineyard,
And cared for you most tenderly;
Looked for abundant fruit, and found none,
Only the cross you made for me.
Then listen to me my pleading,
And do not turn away from me;
You are my people: will you reject me?
For you I suffer bitterly.
You Say... God Says...
For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has positive answers.
You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 13:34)
You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalms 91:15)
You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I FORGIVE YOU (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Good Things To Remember

Make sure your shoe souls are clean when you're walking through someone else's life.

Upon awakening each day, use the following quotation.. " Thank You God, for this day...
let's get out there and see what wonderful stuff we can accomplish "TOGETHER".

Always praise a person for a job well done.

Praise your children often.

Words we should say more often: "LOVE YOU".

Never say good-bye or good night to your husband, child, mother, father, dear friends, without making sure they've heard or felt your "LOVE YOU" message.

Remember that the world does not expect you to be more than you are capable of being, but it does expect you to try to live up to all that you were created for.

You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Gloria, Adoration is a nice thing. My brother and I used to go quite a lot, it is very peaceful. Just to sit and talk to the Lord. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Julie - thanks for your kind words!! You are so sweet!

Harlene - Yes, it is so peaceful at Adoration. Jesus is really right there and it's a great blessing!! The Eucharist is the greatest blessing, isn't it?

Trusted Contributor

Blessings to all here. Jesus is the answer. May I always please Him.

Hello to Julie and lovestopaint.

Have a good day. It is expected to be 65 today. What a blessing!

Super Contributor

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies:

After reading about Adoration, I began to think back a very long time ago. Does anyone remember or does anyone still have what we called "40 Hours" Devotion? The Blessed Sacrament was exposed during a beautiful ceremony and stayed that way for the ensuing forty hours with someone always in adoration. It was the men mostly during the night with groups such as the Holy Name Society or the Knights of Columbus participating. I remember my father going during the night (plus years ago it was safer in our area to keep the church open all that time). As time went on, if I remember correctly, the hours were less than 40 (due to people not participating), but still was called 40 Hours until the devotion finally ended years ago.

Priests would come from surrounding parishes with a processional from the rectory to the church around the corner. The "closing" ceremony (for the lack of a better word) was beautiful.

I am sure we could all sit here and fondly remember traditions and ceremonies that unfortunately are no more.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Thanks Gloriajean for taking me down memory lane!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi all! Just want to talk a little about what Shorelady said about the 40 hours devotion. How I loved those. I think, though, that Perpetual Adoration came of that and that's a wonderful thing to have in Churches, at all hours of the day or night - to adore Him. I believe that the 40 hours devotions went away after Vatican II, am I right? But before that we never had Perpetual Adoration. I remember different priests coming to preach for those 40 hour devotions and they were super good!! I was a teenager, I remember, and got a lot out of them. Also the Missions we had in our Parish. We still have Missions every once in a while. And thank you for taking me down memory lane too!!

By the way after Linus and I signed up for Tuesdays at 6 - 7 - we've been there 3 times now, and each time it's better! Praise the Lord! We needed to make the Commitment.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~