Contributor

What brand of dog food, do you use?

I have 2 large dogs and they will eat anything or any brand of dog foods. Which is the best food for them, and which one do you use for your dogs?

Honored Contributor

Re: What brand of dog food, do you use?

Wellness.

No by-products, no wheat, wheat gluten, corn, corn gluten, soy, etc. So many foods, especially the grocery store foods and the Science Diet brand, are almost ALL those things.

It's amazing how much we know how, eh? I remember so many years of thinking that Purina was a good choice. I feel badly about that now. Smiley Sad

Anyway, there are good choices out there now. Wellness is one and I hear all good stuff about Blue Buffalo also.

BTW, I stopped buying my Wellness at Petsmart (for $59.99 plus tax) and went to Amazon on auto-delivery and pay anywhere from $36 to just over $40 for the same 30# bag.

Honored Contributor

Blue Buffalo Wilderness - Bison.

Wellness brand is also an excellent line.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 chickenbutt said:

Wellness.

No by-products, no wheat, wheat gluten, corn, corn gluten, soy, etc. So many foods, especially the grocery store foods and the Science Diet brand, are almost ALL those things.

It's amazing how much we know how, eh? I remember so many years of thinking that Purina was a good choice. I feel badly about that now. Smiley Sad

Anyway, there are good choices out there now. Wellness is one and I hear all good stuff about Blue Buffalo also.

BTW, I stopped buying my Wellness at Petsmart (for $59.99 plus tax) and went to Amazon on auto-delivery and pay anywhere from $36 to just over $40 for the same 30# bag.

Chickenbutt! GMTA.

Amazon a/d for these huge bags of dog food is a fantastic idea. I'm going to look into that. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

One of my dogs, a black lab, was having trouble with his back legs. I was feeding him Kibbles and Bits. I changed his dog food to Iams and he is doing so much better. I like you suggestions on the foods you feed your dog. Keep them coming because I am learning so much from all of you. Also any suggestions on what people food your dog likes. Someone told me that their dog likes carrots and apples.

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 3/23/2015 chickenbutt said:

Wellness.

Chickenbutt! GMTA.

Amazon a/d for these huge bags of dog food is a fantastic idea. I'm going to look into that. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Almost as good as the 15% off for a/d is that it doesn't have to be carried from the car! My UPS guy always puts it in my entryway for me, on a moving blanket that I put out, and all I have to do is pull the moving blanket through the house (a million times easier than carrying it!).

Super Contributor

I used to feed Zignature to my dog before I lost her. Excellent limited ingredient food, and it has never been recalled. She also liked Acana.

Esteemed Contributor

After much research, Acana.

Trusted Contributor

We used Blue Buffalo canned food for our dog. He was a Golden mix, and lived to be almost 16 years old.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Purina