Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends! Linus is all finished with all his projects now at Darla's and they were taking him out for Happy Hour, and maybe dinner for his birthday coming up the 22nd. He is due home at ten tomorrow morning. Please pray for his safety, and he'll be so tired having to get up at 4;30 am and get the plane, and then drive home an hour and a half. Thanks for your prayers. We have a friend, who's a retired teacher, and in her upper 80's, who lost her husband a couple years ago, had kids living with her until recently and now she's alone and hates it. She is so sad, please pray for her, her name is Mae. Ann and I plan on visiting her, taking her out to lunch sometime next week when Ann is free. This lady is the President of the Legion of Mary in our parish which is how we met her.

In life it is those that persevere that will succeed. Lord, every day is a fresh beginning.
With You, I will come closer to my goals each day if only I don't give up and quit.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Rid yourselves, therefore, of all malice, and all guile, insincerity, envy,
and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure, spiritual milk,
so that by it you may grow into salvation--if indeed you have tasted that
the Lord is good." ~1 Peter 2:1-3

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

I can remember that in spiritual matters I am only an instrument. It is not
mine to decide how or when I am to act. God can plan all spiritual matters.
It is up to me to make myself fit to do God's work. All that hinders my
spiritual activity can be eliminated. I can depend on God for all the
strength I need to overcome those faults which are blocks. I can keep myself
fit, so that God can use me as a channel for God's spirit.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that my selfishness may not hinder my progress in spiritual matters.
I pray that I may be a good instrument for God to work with.
Jesus Calling

March 19

I speak to you from the depths of your being. Hear Me saying soothing words of Peace, assuring you of My Love. Do not listen to voices of accusation, for they are not from Me. I speak to you in love-tones, lifting you up. My Spirit convicts cleanly, without crushing words of shame. Let the Spirit take charge of your mind, combing out tangles of deception. Be transformed by the truth that I live within you.

The Light of My Presence is shining upon you, in benedictions of Peace. Let My Light shine in you; don’t dim it with worries or fears. Holiness is letting Me live through you. Since I dwell in you, you are fully equipped to be holy. Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My Spirit space to act through you. Hasty words and actions leave no room for Me; this is atheistic living. I want to inhabit all your moments—gracing your thoughts, words, and behavior.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
—Romans 8:1–2

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
—Colossians 1:27

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
—1 Corinthians 6:19

Patrick Carnevale’s Scripture Reflection
Today's readings 3/19/15
2Sam.7:4-5, 12-14, 16; Ps.89:2-5, 27, 29; Rom.4:13, 16-18, 22; Mt.1:16, 18-21, 24
After listening to what God says to the prophet Nathan I have to admit that like many of us I'm a lot like King David, we all want to be remembered for doing great things for God, but the deeper I read into these readings today the more it became clear to me what God is really saying to us here. There isn't anything wrong with wanting to serve God well, what we have to remember however is that God is the Divine Architect behind everything good that we do, especially when it comes to building that "house" we hear referred to in our first reading. The reality is each one of us is a unique house for God to dwell in, St.Paul points that out in 1Cor.6:19-20, and like these readings remind us today God is both the Builder and Father of that house. Like his forefather David it's clear that St.Joseph was deeply concerned for the sanctity of his house as well, according to Mosaic Law it had to be pure and holy in order to be blessed with God's Presence, unfortunately for him and the rest of the Jews they failed to realize that Divine Love and not Law is what determines all that. With that being said and in light of what St.Paul tells us in our second reading that says a lot to us about how God looks at each one of us, especially when it comes to that "gift" our saint speaks of. No, my friends, we don't have to build a house for God to dwell in, He's already done that for us, and we not only need to remember that but live like we believe it so that we too will be "credited with righteousness" just like our father in faith Abraham was.
God bless you,
In Jesus – Pat
Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Gloria, I'm glad Linus is coming home tomorrow. hope he gets lots of rest tonight. I will say a prayer for his safety. Your daughter will find another teaching job. Maybe it is God's will that she find a job closer to you and Linus. I hope so. Do try the chicken rub I gave you last night. It is very good.

Say a prayer for Julie's back problem please. She is in a lot of pain. Thank you.

Everyone have a good Friday with many blessings. Blessings to those here and those who read here.

Esteemed Contributor

I will for sure try your chicken rub, Bobbiesue, it does sound good. I am praying for Julie, Darla is in a lot of pain too. Here I was thinking of heating up our chow Mein tomorrow when Linus comes home, but it's Friday in Lent so it will be the Haddock we have in the freezer which I'll be taking out tonight. The chow mein can wait another day. LIttle sacrifices are good for the soul. I'm not much of a fish eater, but mac and cheese always goes over good, but that's not really a sacrifice.

Happy St. Joseph everyone!!! What a great Saint he is!!

Trusted Contributor

Gloria thanks so much for putting St. Joseph's story on the thread. I certainly did not know that much about him so I really appreciated that.

I'm sorry about Darla's tenure, but like you said when one door closes God will open another. I sure hope and pray she gets help with her back.

Pinky I am definitely not looking forward to the weather for today, we have had enough, of that stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Praying for a safe trip home for Linus.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Trusted Contributor

Happy St. Joseph Day belated Gloria. My son was born on St. Joseph Day.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone, It started to snow just before 8:00 a.m.. We're supposed to get 3-5 inches today, and I hope this is the last until next winter. The spring/Easter things I put out are really helping me remember that spring is here, and this snow will pass too.

Gloria, Thanks for the article on St. Joseph. He is a powerful saint. I believe Darla will find work closer to you. Things always happen for a reason, and this seems like a great opportunity for her to move closer to home.

Prayers for Julie, Linus, Mae, and all who post here and your loved ones. I hope Julie is in less pain today, and improves each day. (((((((((((Julie))))))))))) pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hey Pinky it's coming down like crazy here too.

Harlene

Trusted Contributor

Julie, I've sent you two emails. Is something wrong?