Super Contributor

Hello dear lady - I saw your post on my "peas" thread on VP but thought I could catch you here easier than over there.

I'm so glad to see you - little baby steps each day for you. I do think of you from time to time and wonder how you are - the nicer weather is coming and I hope your spirits can be lifted just a bit. The holidays are a really tough time and now that they are beind you I'm hoping that you can find some happiness in this year even if it's just to plant a flower, take a class, or do whatever you might like to explore in a new direction.

Hoping the rest of your family is doing well, too.

I'm right here anytime as I know some other posters are also wishing you all the best.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Oh Cakers, what a sweet and kind post. That is why I have come to rely on you and the wonderful posters here as my "cyber" family and a soft place to fall.

It is difficult to believe that I am approaching the 10-month mark. In some respects, the time has flown by, and in other respects, the days sometimes drag on. We have gone through the holidays and most of the "firsts". The next big first is our anniversary in May. But I will get through with the help of my kids, grandkids and my cyber family.

My family is doing well and each one, including the grandkids, has their own special remembrance of Dad and Pop-Pop. Some of those remembrances bring a smile and some bring a sentimental tear.

I have been toying with the idea of doing volunteer work at our local hospital. I was a hospital secretary and enjoyed my work. Right now I am just finishing tying up loose ends. When things are settled, I will decide on what my next and new step will be.

Thank you for being my cyber friend and for letting me know I can always find a place here to vent, share or just to say hi. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Trusted Contributor

shorelady.... sending you lots of cyber (((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Peace and comfort to you, Shorelady. It sounds like you are brave and strong and putting one foot in front of the other. It is good to see your name on the threads.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

shorelady: So good to see your family is doing well. That is really special that the grandkids have their special remembrance.

Thank you for asking about my family - we are doing well overall. Have a move coming up soon.

Thank you also to those who posted here.

Honored Contributor

(((shorelady))) I think of you so often. Your eloquent posts, and the challenges of each day, of each minute. In working through loss I've learned that celebrating the memories and being grateful for the gifts and blessings can be a healing balm for grief, though certainly nothing erases it. I'm glad your update is positive, and I have faith for more good days to come for you and your family.

(((Cakers))) It's so kind, thoughtful, and so characteristic of you, to post this thread and to share good wishes. I'm glad you're doing well, and send you more good wishes on your upcoming move.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}To all on this thread.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

{{{doobs}}} Thank you.

Respected Contributor

I hope things become a bit easier for you over time, shorelady. Wish I knew better words to say than that.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

A great big hug and thank you to each and everyone who has stopped by (or may stop by) to express such warm and caring thoughts to me. You will never know how much they are appreciated. Each and every word is special because I know they come from the heart.

And again a special thank you to Cakers for always caring. Good luck with the move and hope that all goes well.