Super Contributor

Anyone have any experience with hynotherapy?

I'm going through a lot of challenges right now and some deep seated fear and someone recommended a therapist who specializes in that field. The person who gave me his name said she was afraid of flying, and he helped her get through it and she can now fly anywhere.

I am a bit skeptical but will talk to him initially (won't cost anything for first appt). He said he doesn't put "people under" but works with the patient by techniques to help clear the mind and quiet the thoughts and I would never be "under his power" so to speak. He said it's nothing like the stereotype you see on TV or movies.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone has had experience with this type of therapy and if it is something that works and to consider.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Believe me, I don't mean to be rude by asking if you actually mean "hypnotherapy"? I'm only asking because you spelled it "hynotherapy" twice, and in that case, maybe this is something I've never heard of before.

Super Contributor

I misspelled it. Thanks for pointing it out. Is there a way I can edit my post?

Super Contributor
On 3/4/2015 Apple Head said:

I misspelled it. Thanks for pointing it out. Is there a way I can edit my post?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can edit an OP after someone responds. No worries - I've been there before, too! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

Yes! See the other thread. It works quite well for many.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).