Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Peace of the Lord be with you all. I'm trying this over again because my message here got so tiny, it was hard reading it. How do I get the font bigger? Or is that impossible here? After baking 6 loaves of bread, and after every dish was cleaned and put away, the kitchen faucet went down to just a dribble! Weird. Called my husband, he had me check the bathroom sink and the washer - they work. So there must be something wrong just to the kitchen faucet. Good thing that didn't happen when he's gone to Texas next week. Hope nothing goes wrong then! Talked to Darla today - she says her tenure is up - that's when they have taught for five years in a University, they can get a tenure, and if it's not granted, she could lose her job. If granted, she could never be fired there at all. So we pray. And pray for peace in the world! God bless you!

Sometimes the biggest blessing of the day is that which didn't happen.
Lord, thank You for my ordinary day, a day in which my loved ones
have remained safe and healthy.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast
love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be
removed, says the LORD, who has compassion on you." ~Isaiah 54:10

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

We can make use of our mistakes, failures, losses and sufferings. It is not
what happens to us so much as what use we make of it. We can take our
sufferings, difficulties and hardships and make use of them to help some
unfortunate soul who is faced with the same troubles. Then something good
can come out of our suffering and the world can be a better place because of
it. The good we do each day can live on, after the trouble and distress
have gone, after the difficulty and pain have passed away.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may make good use of my mistakes and failures. I pray that
some good may result from my painful experiences.
Miracles of Our Lord

Water into Wine
(John 2:1-11)
Healings
(Matthew 4:23-24 & Mark 1:32-34)
Healing of a Leper
(Matthew 8:1-4, Mark 1:40-42 & Luke 5:12-13)
Healing of a Roman Centurion's Servant
(Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10)
Healing of Peter's mother-in-law
(Matthew 8:14-15, Mark 1:29-31 & Luke 4:38-39)
Calming of the Storm at sea
(Matthew 8:23-27, Mark 4:35-41 &Luke 8:22-25)
Healing of the Wild Men of Gadara
Healing of a Paralytic
(Matthew 9:1-7, Mark 2:1-12 & Luke 5:18-25)
Healing of a Woman with a Hemmorrhage
(Matthew 9:20-22, Mark 5:25-29 & Luke 8:43-48)
Raising of Jairus' Daughter
(Matthew 9:23-25, Mark 5:22-42 & Luke 8:41-56)
Healing of Two Blind Men
(Matthew 9:27-31)
Healing of a Demon-possessed Man
(Matthew 8:32-33)
Healing of a Man with a Shriveled Hand
(Matthew 12:10-13, Mark 3:1-5 & Luke 6:6-10)
Feeding of 5,000 People
(Matthew 14:15-21, Mark 6:35-44, Luke 9:12-17 & John 6:1-13)
Walking on the Sea
(Matthew 14:22-25, Mark 6:47-51 & John :6:16-21)
Healing of the Syrophoenician's Daughter
(Matthew 15:21-28 & Mark 7:24-30)
Feeding of 4,000 people
(Matthew 15:32-38 & Mark 8:1-9)
Healing of a Boy with Seizures
(Matthew 17:14-18, Mark 9:14-29 & Luke 9:37-43)
Healing of Two Blind Men at Jericho
(Matthew 20:30-34)
Healing of a Man with an Unclean Spirit
(Mark 1:23-26 & Luke 4:33-35)
Healing of a Deaf, Speechless Man
(Mark 7:31-37)
Healing of a blind Man at Bethsaida
(Mark 8:22-26)
Healing of Blind Bartimaeus
(Mark 10:46-52 & Luke 18:35-43)
A Miraculous Catch of Fish
(Luke 5:4-11 & John 21:1-11)
Raising of a Widow's Son
(Luke 7:11-15)
Healing of an Infirm Woman
(Luke 13:11-13)
Healing of a Man with Dropsy
(Luke 14:1-4)
Healing of the Ten Lepers
(Luke 17:11-19)
Healing of Malchus' Ear
(Luke 22:50-51 & John 18:3-11)
Healing of Official's Son
(John 4:46-54)
Healing of a Lame Man at Bethesda
(John 5:1-9)
Healing of a Blind Man
(John 9:1-12)
Rising of Lazarus
(John 11:38-44)
A Prayer for Lent
Dear Lord, at times I feel as though I have lost my way, the world is pulling me hither and thither. Help me to understand that You have a wonderful plan for me and that the pathways I walk are all part of that plan. If I focus on You as my guide, Lord, the twists and turns will carry me along the right path. Help me always to seek the guidance of Your Holy Spirit in all my decisions. Give me the strength to keep my eyes in Your direction and my hand in Yours.
A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones' chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own hearts. Their eyes would always light up with awe. But she never got a response to equal four-year-old Johnny's...
Gently she tucked the stethoscope in his ears and placed the disk over his heart. "Listen," she said, "What do you suppose that is?"
He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap-tap-tapping deep in his chest. Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin. "Is that Jesus knocking?"
Listen to your heartbeat.
Listen for the knock of Jesus upon the door of your heart.
DON´T WORRY
To worry does no good at all,
But does a lot of harm;
It puts cross lines upon your face,
and dissipates your charm.
Whatever is to be, will be;
That, worry cannot change;
It only serves to dim your joy,
And all your friends estrange.
'Tis lack of confidence in self
That causes worry's fright;
A lack of faith in God's design
Your happiness will delight.
Then case aside those gloomy throughts,
That bring on doubt and fear;
Just live your faith, and trust in Him,
And worry will disappear.
- - -
Psalm 37:8 - Don't give in to worry or anger; it only leads to trouble.
Colossians 3:2 - Keeps your minds fixed on things [that are in heaven], not on things here on earth.
Our Lady’s Lenten Message:
"Dear children! This Lent is a special incentive for you to change.
Start from this moment. Turn off the television and renounce various
things that are of no value. Dear children, I am calling you
individually to conversion. This season is for you.

Thank you for having responded to my call."

March 4

Refuse to worry! In this world there will always be something enticing you to worry. That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet: Things are not as they should be. So the temptation to be anxious is constantly with you, trying to worm its way into your mind. The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving. Awareness of My Presence fills your mind with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear. This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective. Live close to Me! Together we can keep the wolves of worry at bay.

“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”
—Luke 12:25–26

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
—1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 – From Jesus Calling

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Gloria, I will be praying for Darla. When will she find out? We are supposed to get another 3 to 6 Inches tonight into tomorrow. Maybe !!!!!! Blessings to all, and stay safe and warm. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Trusted Contributor

It was to snow last night, but it did not snow. We will get some today maybe. I hope not. Next Tuesday it is to be 52. Heat wave. Maybe that means Spring is on the way. What a blessing that will be.

My blessing is that my son was home last night and I was not alone. What a blessing!

Hope Darla gets tenure.

Have a good day.

Contributor

Gloria,

Thanks for your devotional words today! I needed the passage on worry! I am home today due to extreme weather. Our weather began with rain and flooding, then the ice and sleet began to fall, and now we are getting lots of snow! I** plan** to dust the furniture, vacuum, and read my new book written by Sarah Addison Allen. For sure, I will start the Book!!!! I pray that Darla receives positive news about her tenure. Teaching is a gift from God. It can also be a ministry. Stay warm! Have a slice of your delicious bread and a warm cup of coffee! Have a blessed afternoon! Angela ABC123.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies, It's been a very busy morning, as I went to pick up a prescription at my doctors, and got some grocery shopping done while I was out, as well as a lot of Easter shopping as well. We'll be having Easter lunch here, so I want to get what I can as early as possible. Especially any neat decorative things I can find that will celebrate spring as well as Easter. I had lunch when I got home, and DH put most of the things away. Took my usual afternoon break, and did some stretching to help my legs and back out. For some reason this morning's outing really took a toll on them.

Gloria, I'm certain Darla will get good news. I wish you lived closer t so you could teach me some of your great recipes!

Bobbiesue, I'm so glad your son was with you last night. I hope the snow passes you by completely. It's time for spring. It's been a very long winter.

Harlene, We got only a dusting of snow last night, which was more than enough for me. I have a bag of ice melt working on all of the ice on the bottom step of the deck. Slow progress, but it's working.

ABC123me, I've always been a worrier, but think I'm making a little progress the past few years. Hope that you'll find inspiration in the prayers and meditations Gloria posts everyday.pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ladies!! Darla should find out soon, she says, thanks for the prayers, Harlene, you are so faithful and caring. How are you doing? Diet still going good? Do you know yet when you can have your surgery?

I remember, Pinky, how you love to decorate and do a great job! Be safe on the roads. Tomorrow I'll post the Health bread recipe, I promise, on this thread.

Bobbiesue before you know it - it will be Spring! All this will be in the past - until next year, but we have Spring to look forward to and that's positive! Glad your son was home with you. That's always nice.

Angela - worrying is just really hard not to do, but God wants us not to worry but trust Him more, so we all have that to work on, I know I do, too! Wish I could share the bread with you! Thanks for your post and come often!! Love having you back!!