Regular Contributor

More Lion than Lamb here at March's Back Fence

I'm just going to copy and paste my last two post's to save me a few strokes. Welcome all to the Back Fence, though it did come in like a lion, I have seen some daffodil's peeking their little heads up through the snow.........there is hope that Spring's about to sprung.

Hey Sue.........how ya doin'?WinkPretty good, thanks, just a little lonely here at the back fence with no one to chat with plus the fence is nearly completely covered with snow, but I will say it's a fairy land outside; so quiet and peaceful

Jim's anniversary present came and he put it together and we're just waiting for the weather to cooperate so that he can place it in the back yard and watch those lighted blades start whirling.....can't remember the name, but it was a recent TSV. For some reason he's always wanted a windmill and this was the closest I could come. We're both looking forward to seeing it do it's thing.

The last time we went to Amarillo I bought a plant whose name I couldn't pronounce, but it has the most gorgeous purple flowers and then I spotted a table of orchid's and they were on sale! I've never killed an orchid and so I thought I'd best buy one of these beautiful plants and see what I could do to remedy that. It's a pale purple and so far it's surviving. We shall see how it fares under my care. I do have an ivy that's several years old, but they're easy care.

Talked to my brother yesterday and he said he'd been trying to return my Tuesday call for three days and every time he called he'd hear a dial tone and then a message would begin saying 'the party you've called is not accepting your calls at this time......'{#emotions_dlg.crying} This same thing had happened once before and I'd promtly forgotten about it, but I told him I'd try to remember to call AT&T Monday and see what was going on as I have no such ban on his number/name. I find this so weird not to mention annoying and my brother was equally annoyed{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}.

Happy end of the week all! Sue.

Queenofo202/26/2015 at 9:49 PM455 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Texas Panhandle

so happy for you epi..........and your trip sounds wonderful{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}and especially to celebrate your anniversary; we just celabrated our 52nd anniversary and it doesn't seem possible but we're thankful we've been blessed with so many years together.

bird mama that soup and sandwich looks so good and especially so as it's mighty cold here with snow on the ground and more promised.

Betty.hope you don't get the kids germs. were you able to get out to get your hair fixed?

freddie sorry you had a miserable day and hope tomorrow will be a happier one for you.

happy thursday all. sue

Trusted Contributor

Re: More Lion than Lamb here at March's Back Fence

I'm glad you posted the link to the thread. I kept looking over it bi guess I was coccentrating on back fence. I sure don't want you to start talking to yourself so thought I'd better save you. The purple glower sounds very pretty. I don't know how easy orchids are to keep going. Hope yours survives. That lighted windmill sounds very interesting. Wonder what your kitties will think about it. Snow is still falling here. At least for now the wind is not blowing. Don't know ifvtheyvwill have school tomorrow or not. I don't have any appointments for tomorrow so that is. Good thing
Honored Contributor

Image result for daffodilsImage result for hyacinth

Good Morning and thanks for shoring up the fence for us Sue. It's in the 20 degree range as I type, hmm where are my shorts Wink. Seriously, it's nice to get a break from sub zero temps.

I received some unexpected but certainly welcome news this past Saturday - my eldest niece is pregnant. I think the due date is September or right at the end of August.

She has one daughter that will be 4 tomorrow and although she had a pretty easy pregnancy, the delivery was bad and my great niece nearly died. This time around, providing all goes well, they will schedule the cesarean (don't know if I spelled that right) and plan things out more since my niece is high risk.

2015 is going to be quite the year of change on the branch of the family tree that belongs to my eldest sister. My eldest sister is planning on selling her house and moving into an apartment. Now her eldest daughter is pregnant.

Excitement in my family comes in annual spurts like this. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Oops. I hope you can read my previous reply. When I use my tablet my finger gets ahead of it. The snow did stop and we are good here until tomorrow.
Regular Contributor

Oh, my, Bird Mama, those Spring flowers are a welcome sight as it's 34 here but the long icicles are melting slowly. What exciting news about the new addition in your family. Hope all goes well for mama and baby.

Yes, Betty, I can read both of your post's, but the print is small. Glad you're getting a slight respite from the cold. When do you leave for FL?

I'm sure our kitties will be intrigued with the spinner and will check it out as they do everything new in the yard and patio; hope they don't try to jump up to catch one of those metal blades. They like to sit on the brick outside our window and watch us eat and act like they are starving even though they may have just eaten. They'll lift their paw up so daintily and meow and Jim will play with them on his side of the window. Sometimes two of them will hop up and they'll love each other and then they'll become annoyed with each other and a fight will ensue and one will push the other off.....they're quite entertaining{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Happy Monday all`stay warm and safe. Sue

Respected Contributor

In an earlier thread I saw the comments about rationing books from WWII - I have a couple also. And Sue, I still have tons of stuff that was my parents and NO ONE in the family wants anything. I am at a loss to figure out what to do with some things as I CANNOT toss them. I did get my Dad's numerous uniforms to the military museum here in California. Khris, my great grand who was in the Marines wanted Dad's dress uniform so that was sent to him. So many other things - and unfortunately some have disappeared - guess they sprouted legs. I find that offensive but can't do anything about it. I am way too old to keep anything quite frankly. It has been times like this I so wish my daughter was still alive - knowing Becky, she would have taken care of all of these things.

Very cold this morning - again - but suppose to warm up. Just weird as while the temps will rise so will the winds which they say will be from the north. So much for feeling warm I guess.

Do not know what the type looks like when it goes into outer space. LOL. My pc was in the shop for four days and I got it back last night. I tried to enlarge the type but when I do I lose some things. Have NO clue what they did to it. Will say they got rid of the viruses but it sure is not running just right. Did get a laptop on sale as a backup so now I am trying to figure how to get things over there. Was able to do some things but a tech nerd I is not!!! When asking them yesterday how to do it their experts told me I just have to install everything on my own - cannot take it into a shop and have them transfer from one pc to the laptop. Have owned several pc's and have always done that. Cannot understand why you cannot do it now = am not sure they know what they are talking about quite frankly. Geesh - always something.

Am leaving some blueberry bagels and cream cheese and of course coffee and hot tea. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Winifred said:

Did get a laptop on sale as a backup so now I am trying to figure how to get things over there. Was able to do some things but a tech nerd I is not!!! When asking them yesterday how to do it their experts told me I just have to install everything on my own - cannot take it into a shop and have them transfer from one pc to the laptop. Have owned several pc's and have always done that. Cannot understand why you cannot do it now = am not sure they know what they are talking about quite frankly.

Thanks for the bagels and coffee Freddie. I'm convinced customer service is dead. It's not like you expect them to transfer the data/files/apps for free - our society is so lazy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Well, we finally are getting a lot of snow. vin was out earlier with the snowblower. He did our drive and sidewalk,the sidewalks on both sides of us,plus a neighbor womans driveway across the street who lives alone. we have made our reservations for Bermuda!!!! we leave on May 17,and return the 22. we are only going four those days because it's so expensive. We decided we wanted to really treat ourselves,so we are staying at The Elbow Beach Resort. It's wonderful!! check it out online. just read a lot today and made some clam chowder,N.Y. Style,there's plenary left if you all want some. A perfect day for homemade soup. Everyone stay warm and safe inside....
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone - got my washing done and it was a bunch today.

Weather nicer but we have severe wind warnings through 4 tomorrow afternoon. Always something to mess things up.

Am tired so will just wish all had a super good day. Stay warm!!!

Regular Contributor

Our snow was nearly all melted by day's end; freezing cold yesterday while snowflakes fell most of the day and today we awakened to bright sunshine and it's supposed to last through Sunday.

Epi that's nice of Vin to clear the neighbor's walk etc.......made me think about a piece I saw yesterday concerning snow rage{#emotions_dlg.angry}Some old guy was screaming his head off at his young neighbor who had 'dared' to clean his sidewalk! This young man had the most puzzled look on his face and I hoped the inescusable behavior of his rude neighbor wouldn't keep him from his considerate nature.

Well, I've been comparing prices of the Q's ware's since the S/H has been reduced on some things. Looks to me like the prices of the items have gone up considerably while the S/H has gone down considerably, but not enough to offset the substantial increase.

I'm watching Peter, Paul and Mary on PBS. I always loved hearing them.

I understand your dilemma Freddie, concerning sharing precious memento's with various family members or friends........just someone who will appreciate them.

Happy Thursday all. Sue