Honored Contributor

March Bird's Nest - Welcome the first signs of Spring

Image result for st patrick's day cards with birds
Flowers: Heavenly Hyacinth + Free Gloves - Heavenly Hyacinth - Large with Free Gloves, Pink
Among the trees is a bird's nest,
and in the nest her three eggs rest,
and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!
There lies asleep A tiny bird.
Written by H.N. Bialik
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: March Bird's Nest - Welcome the first signs of Spring

Welcome Friends and Visitors {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The family gathered over at my eldest sister's house yesterday evening to celebrate her birthday. We're a small group but animated group {#emotions_dlg.laugh}. My eldest niece handed me her phone to show me a video the she and her husband made of their only daughter. It was like a silent movie in that there was text before each portion of video. For example - there was a little girl who loved to dance and then you'd see different clips of Zoe dancing. It went on for a couple of minutes and ended like a coming attraction for a movie in that it announced that coming in September, Zoe would be a big sister. Talk about a cute way to announce that my niece was pregnant. I was so excited, I nearly dropped the phone.

The bird for the day is the Rhinoceros Auklet

Image result for rhinoceros auklet

Image result for rhinoceros auklet

Honored Contributor

Birdmama, Congrats on the new little one coming to your family. That is a really cute way to announce a new baby. Your family must be so very happy.

Belated Happy Birthday wishesforyour sister.

Thank you for our new "roost''. I can't believe 2 months of this year are already history.

I have been watching the owl nest and nearby I hear crows cawing. Mama is on the alert and sheclacksher beak to warn off intruders into her 'space'. The two babies have learned to clack their beaks too. So cute to watch them. My brother in IL has finally found this site and watches the owl and her owlets too. He showed my other brother, so now we all keep track of them and the many activities going on there.

Barn Owl: <3" />

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 possummink said:

WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all - the sun is shining, it's going to reach the upper 20's, dare I hope for 30 degrees? I'll take it -the snow hasn't bothered me much, however the sub zero temps were starting to get next to me {#emotions_dlg.mad}.

The bird of the day is the Painted Stork

Image result for painted stork

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Death from Above! Green Heron fishing

Hi Birding Friends, Hard to believe that this is the first full week of March. Not ready for Spring as it brings tornadoes and hailstorms. Being down here in Florida, there hasn't been any 'winter'. I can't imagine what it is like to never have lived in an area that doesn't have 4 seasons. I guess native Floridians don't miss what they've never had season wise that is. It is 78 here and quite humid. Oh, for 25 and dry air, no, make that snowy air!!!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Frank, the cockatiel, is warming his "pipes" up. He has a big variety of clucks, chirps, whistles, etc. Sounds like a chicken at times and a canary at others. He's not going to "work" today, as GS has to go straight to another college class as soon as he's finished at work. Frank likes going to the pet place as he can be with the other cockatiels for a while. He must pick up new calls from some of the finches and birds at the pet store. He loves riding around on our shoulders and walking down my arm to bite my watch band. He works on that and on my chains. He has a bad habit of biting my freckles, thinking they are 'bird seed', since some of them are about the size of his millet or milo. I have been trying to teach him to say "kitty, kitty, kitty!" So far no luck. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

He is now trying to get on the keyboard here and that's a no-no. No 'gifts' are to be left on the keyboard. I put a Kleenex down to cover part of it, so he'sbitingon that right now. Guess I need to get his food out and let him graze.

Have a great rest of your Monday. Waving to all Birding Friends. Missing many Friends who have posted here in the past. Take care and be safe and well!!!

Honored Contributor

<b>Waiting-for-Spring</b>-John-Rossini-12x12-inch-Framed-or-Unframed-Picture ... Waiting for spring!

Hello birding friends! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been released by the doctors and I continue toward a full recovery. I am moving at a much faster pace now and have gained most of my strength back. We hope to return to England in early April.

Bird mama, congratulations on the expectant new addition to your family. What a cute way to announce.

possummink, as usual thank you for the beautiful bird pictures.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh