Honored Contributor

Which QVC hosts do you feel fit the meaning of "gracious?"

Is being gracious or acting in a gracious manner outdated?

With only a moment's notice, I'd have to say that Mary Beth Roe would be gracious. I would want her for a friend in real life. She gives the impression that she would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings...

There are two others that I believe would be gracious in real life: Pat and Antoinella.

What do you think about this idea... about being gracious? Is it still an important trait to possess?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Re: The meaning of ""gracious?""

Pat and Mary Beth Roe.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Esteemed Contributor

MBR for sure....Pat and Ant probably....

Alberti for the men...

Respected Contributor

Grace is unmerited favor. I agree about MBR, and think that Sandra Bennett is also a lady.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your input... another reason I was wanting to know is that DD has situations (in career) that cause me to ask. Have other (competitive?) people always known how to be catty or underhandedly cutting? Her situation reminds me of the topic ""What would you have said?"" Is what I am asking clear or should I put in more information?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Good manners, kindness, morality never goes out of style. Of course it's still a good trait to possess. But it will cost you.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea how gracious the QVC hosts are in real life. I don't know them personally, and people can put on a different persona in front of the camera. That being said, ON AIR, I would say they all come across as gracious.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

On 2/28/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Good manners, kindness, morality never goes out of style. Of course it's still a good trait to possess. But it will cost you.

I don't think being gracious means that you have to be dumb or that you'll automatically be taken advantage of! Gracious or not, wise people need to be on the lookout for users and bad guys.......but in normal relationships and social interactions a gracious person will do her best to make others feel comfortable and welcome, to put others in a good light, and to overlook others' mistakes and awkwardness. The opposite of gracious is someone who is always trying to steal the spotlight, gossiping about others' mistakes and shortcomings or trying to embarrass others, and making other people feel inferior.

Super Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I have no idea how gracious the QVC hosts are in real life. I don't know them personally, and people can put on a different persona in front of the camera. That being said, ON AIR, I would say they all come across as gracious.

Mary Beth Roe just seems like she is naturally a very sweet, gracious lady. When QVC acquired CVN, Mary Beth was one of the couple hosts that was asked to join QVC. She seems like she would just be very easy to get along with and the type not to stir up trouble.

I can't remember which other hosts were asked to join QVC at that time. I heard Colleen Lopez discussing it once with a vendor. She said that most of the hosts just went bye-bye as there was bad blood between the two networks.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

Someone no longer with QVC, Lisa Mason.