Trusted Contributor

BEWARE of some strange posts showing up here-jibberish

One has just been poofed. Another still up. Think it was by the same person-EderJuriya. Questionable links and strange nonsensical, unreadable messages about unusual things.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BEWARE of some strange posts showing up here-jibberish

"Beware?"

I see little need to "beware". How about I just ignore these nonsense posts? Some people sure do get their feathers ruffled over things of little significance. I imagine Webbie will handle the situation if it gets out of hand. In the meantime, who cares?

Super Contributor

I seen a weird post last week or so in "Beauty Banter". I can't remember the name of the poster, but she went on and on about what hair color should she get in order to attract men. And she posted link after link supposedly showing pictures of different hair colors. I didn't click on any of the links, but some others did, and from their responses..... they weren't pictures of people's hair colors. The thread got poofed shortly thereafter. Some people are Weird-O-Rama......

Respected Contributor

Spammers and spambots hit these and many other public forums frequently. Report them and definitely never click their links.

Super Contributor

On 2/20/2015 GoodStuff said:

"Beware?"

I see little need to "beware". How about I just ignore these nonsense posts? Some people sure do get their feathers ruffled over things of little significance. I imagine Webbie will handle the situation if it gets out of hand. In the meantime, who cares?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I never click onto the actual links. I do, however, write them down and find them myself via Web Search.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 GoodStuff said:

"Beware?"

Well you might want to be aware of the dates of some of the posts that get bumped to the top. Just when a person is about to answer, you realize it originated back in 2012.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you OP, for your words of caution.

I agree about being cautious concerning clicking onto links like that, if for no other reason than to reduce chances of computer viruses and/or hacking.

I would also not click on a link inserted by a brand new poster.

Do the math.