Frequent Contributor

Need suggestions for fun in Sedona, AZ

Hi - Heading to Sedona in 2 weeks and looking for suggestions for sight-seeing, shopping, restaurants etc.. Thanks in advance!
Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for fun in Sedona, AZ

We loved the "Pink Jeep" tour over trails, rocks and boulders. Way fun!

We also enjoyed the helicopter tour over the valley.

Esteemed Contributor

City of Sedona has a wonderful web site. We were only there for one day, but wish we had more time to walk the trails and just enjoy the scenery.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

In a word or several.....Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village. This is bunch of shops in a mall setting with very high class arts and crafts. Also in the same vicinity, across the street, is Garland Indian Arts which has a reputation for having very fine Indian rugs and other handmade items like beautiful museum-quality kachina dolls. I have a couple of rugs from here.

Just driving around some of the countryside and residential areas is a treat. Drive up to the airport just to see how it's situated on a mesa. There is also an architecturally interesting church outside of town that many people visit. Sedona is a gorgeous place. Too bad it couldn't have been made a national park.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sedona is beautiful but it's something of a tourist trap....I'd try to find the places that are off the beaten path.

Honored Contributor

Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, it is an amazing place very spiritual

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

You should not miss an opportunity to drive up Highway 89A through Oak Creek Canyon north to Flagstaff. A beautiful drive and about 3/4 of the way to Flagstaff, you will come to a beautiful overlook spot (Oak Creek Canyon Vista) with spectacular views of Oak Creek Canyon. Here you will also.find a beautiful Native American crafts market. It's nothing fancy. Vendors bring their jewelry and other crafts, set up tables. I have gotten some of the most beautiful Navajo jewelry there. Plus, it's a very quiet, almost spiritual setting. This little market has been here for decades. My parents first visited it when they came to Arizona in the 1960s, and the vendors spread their wares on a blanket on the ground. When I lived in Prescott, I would drive up about once a month. We would go to the outlet mall in West Sedona, have lunch at either Shugrue' s or El Rincon, then take the drive through 89A and stop at the overlook.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

Go to Jerome. It is such an awesome town. I found Sedona boring filled with t shirt shops.
Super Contributor

You will LOVE the red rocks there!!! So beautiful!!! Just be sure to bring some WARM clothes. It may get warm (70 or so if you are lucky) in the afternoon, but will be very cool at night and early morning. I live in southern AZ and it has been winter jacket weather here lately. Northern AZ is ALWAYS cooler than here.

I am not sure where you are from, but if it is your first time to AZ and you don't plan another trip here soon, you should NOT miss the Grand Canyon. You will not be that far from it if you will be in Sedona. Think about it at least!

Have fun!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 catlvr said: Go to Jerome. It is such an awesome town. I found Sedona boring filled with t shirt shops.
Did you go to Tlaquepaque? No T-shirt shops there. Very high-class, fine arts and crafts.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment