Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends! Hard to believe it's Friday already in a few hours! The week went fast. Sammy gets groomed, and other than that we don't have plans, leaving it up to God to make plans for us. Card playing went well, I served lunch first, it's always nice to meet someone new. Other than just, just an ordinary day - and God always blesses the ordinary days with ordinary blessings which are too many to count. May God bless you all - praying for all your needs.

It is you, not where you are or what you have, that makes the difference.
Lord, may I always blossom where I am planted.
S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"I will look to the LORD, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God
will hear me." ~Micah 7:7

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

We can admit our own helplessness. God will hear our prayer. Our own need
can be recognized, then we can ask God for the strength to meet that need.
But once that need is recognized, our prayer is heard above all the music of
heaven. It is not theological arguments that solve the problems of the
questing soul, but the sincere cry of that soul to God for strength and the
certainty of that soul that the cry can be heard and answered.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may be humble enough to realize my need and ask for help. I
pray that I may fell certain that God will hear and answer my prayer.

Inspirational Thought
Forget what you have done for others and remember what they have done for you. Lord, a gift is given freely with no expectation. May I become a truly giving person.

January 29

Keep your focus on Me. I have gifted you with amazing freedom, including the ability to choose the focal point of your mind. Only the crown of My creation has such remarkable capability; this is a sign of being made in My image.

Let the goal of this day be to bring every thought captive to Me. Whenever your mind wanders, lasso those thoughts and bring them into My Presence. In My radiant Light, anxious thoughts shrink and shrivel away. Judgmental thoughts are unmasked as you bask in My unconditional Love. Confused ideas are untangled while you rest in the simplicity of My Peace. I will guard you and keep you in constant Peace, as you focus your mind on Me.

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
—Psalm 8:5

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
—Genesis 1:26–27

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
—2 Corinthians 10:5

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
—Isaiah 26:3 amp - From Jesus Calling

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
The road to called Confusion,
Speed bumps called Friends,
Red lights called Enemies,
Caution lights called Family.
You will have flats called Jobs.
But, if you have a spare called Determination,
An engine called Perseverance,
Insurance called Faith,
A driver called Jesus,
you will make it to a place called Success.

Pass it on to ten people whom you want to see blessed.
Be encouraged!! Hold your head up!!

The More You Get

The more you give, the more you get
The more you do unselfishly
The more you live abundantly.
The more of everything you share,
The more you laugh, the less you fret.
The more you'll always have to spare.
The more you love, the more you'll find
That life is good and friends are kind.
For only what we give away,
Enriches us from day to day.

/></div> </div> </div>
Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

It is very windy here this morning. I don't know if or when the new snow storm is coming.

Blessings to all, stay safe and warm.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Trusted Contributor

We got more snow last night on top of the freezing rain. I'm stuck in the house again today. I don't dare .go out and chance breaking my good hip. I am so tired of being closed in side. There are things I need, but I'll wait until tomorrow. I made a big pot of chili yesterday and have left overs for today. I will be fine.

Hope you are all safe and dry. Be safe, that is most important.

Blessings to all here and may the Lord answer all your prayers. God is good and brings us all many blessings. I am still praying for little Cooper the newborn sick with cancer. I got the report from the other thread. I will continue to pray for him. If anyone needs prayer, please post it here I will pray for that person. Happy to do it. Have a nice day.

Valued Contributor

Happy Friday Everyone! It's still blowing snow here, after about 5 inches fell last night. I hope we'll get plowed out this afternoon, but we're not going anywhere anyway... sigh....

Gloria:Glad you won at cards, and had a nice time with friends. It's nice that you got a break from groceries too. That's a dream for me.

Harlene: Another storm's due on Sunday. No idea what time, or how much. Every year about this time I think SAD or just a really icky bad mood sets in. I wish DH would conisder moving. Even closer to town would make it feel less like living in a snow globe! All you can see now are snow covered trees, swirls of snow, and our farmhouse sitting in the center of it all. Nice in December, on my last nerve right now. Sorry for the whine, I'll get some cheese for everyone in a minute......

Bobbiesue: I understand needing to take extra care in this weather. It's starting to get very old, and it's been a decent winter until recently. I hope you're able to get out, and just be very careful.

Have a good weekend everyone! Take care if you'll need to be out in the weather. Hugs, pinky

Contributor

Good Morning Gloriajean,

Do you still have a continued prayer thread?

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Harlene, Pinky Ann and Bobbiesue - We aren't getting snow now but it's colder - 18 degrees now. Hope you all are having a super day - stay in when bad out. It's not worth the risk.

amiracleneed - yes, we still have a continued prayer thread. I'm glad that they keep it here and it doesn't get deleted.

Contributor

Thank you, Gloriajean.

I found it and posted.