Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends! Hope your day went well and you're having a blessed night. Today's blessings would be an ordinary day - nothing much to talk about, but God's blessings are all around - the food we eat, the place we live in, our family, our pets etc. Tonight I made chili, just something simple, and even used organic canned chili beans and chili, black beans and pinto beans, also I put some home canned stewed tomatoes in it (pint) and corn. Simple, easy and good! Do any of you put corn in your chili? Sometimes when I have it, I'll even put sweet potatoes in, and that's good too! How did God bless you today?

Through the power of God within me, I am stronger than any of my
circumstances.
Lord, I seek, I knock and I ask and You are always there and ready to give
me
the miracles that I need.

Scripture for the day:

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."
~Psalm 119:105

Meditation for the day:

I know that the vision and power which I can receive from God are
limitless as far as spiritual things are concerned. But in temporal
and material things, I must submit to limitations. I know that I cannot
see the road ahead. I can go just one step at a time, because I do not
have a longer view. I am sometimes in uncharted waters, limited by
my temporal and spatial life, but unlimited in my spiritual life.

Prayer for the day:

I pray that, in spite of my material limitations, I may follow God's
way. I pray that I may learn that trying to do God's will is perfect
freedom.
YOU SHALL
Author Unknown

You shall not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human
activities.
You shall not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to
pass.
You shall not carry grudges, for they are the heaviest of all life's
burdens.
You shall face each problem as it comes. You can only handle one at a
time anyway.
You shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor
bedfellows.
You shall not borrow other people's problems. They can better care for
them than you.
You shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, it is forever
gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now!
You shall be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear
ideas different from your own.
You shall not become "bogged down" by frustration, for 90% of it is
rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
You shall count your blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for
a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

Daily Prayer

Lord, our God, may your Son reign in our minds
so that we may think as He would have us think.

May He rule our hearts
so that we may love as He would have us love.

May He direct our whole behaviour
that it may be more like His.

Lord, for what we have, we are so grateful.

Help us especially to be sensitive and generous towards
others.
And finally, may we really want your Kingdom to come.

Amen.

A Prayer for Peace

"Almighty and eternal God, may Your grace enkindle in all of us a love for the many unfortunate people whom poverty and misery reduce to a condition of life unworthy of human beings. Arouse in the hearts of those who call You Father a hunger and thirst for social justice and for fraternal charity in deeds and in truth. Grant, O Lord, peace in our days, peace to souls, peace to families, peace to our country, and peace among nations. Amen."

— Pope Pius XII

January 23

It’s all right to be human. When your mind wanders while you are praying, don’t be surprised or upset. Simply return your attention to Me. Share a secret smile with Me, knowing that I understand. Rejoice in My Love for you, which has no limits or conditions. Whisper My Name in loving contentment, assured that I will never leave you or forsake you. Intersperse these peaceful interludes abundantly throughout your day. This practice will enable you to attain a quiet and gentle spirit, which is pleasing to Me.

As you live in close contact with Me, the Light of My Presence filters through you to bless others. Your weakness and woundedness are the openings through which the Light of the knowledge of My Glory shines forth. My strength and power show themselves most effective in your weakness.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
—Deuteronomy 31:6

Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
—1 Peter 3:4

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
—2 Corinthians 4:6–7

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
—2 Corinthians 12:9 amp - From Jesus Calling

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Well we didn't get as bad a storm as they said we were going to get, thank the Lord for that. Now they are saying we are in for another one on Sunday night and into Monday morning just in time for rush hour, I hope they are wrong about that one.

Blessings to all and stay safe.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Valued Contributor

Hi Gloria and Harlene!

Harlene: We had about 4 inches of snow fall last night, and will be getting the same storm this weekend that you're expecting. I mentioned to DH to call the guy that plows our driveway so he can get this cleared before the next snow rolls in. My only plan for the weekend is going to mass, so I hope our roads will be cleared in time.

Gloria: It's very nice to be back! I forgot to mention the little rosary I received is only one decade. Our son bought me a piece from a gift store years ago that depicts the resurrection. It's got a glass cover with a scripture verse painted in gold along the base of the glass. Hard to describe, but very pretty! It's one of my favorite pieces for any season.

Today will be quiet as I can't get out yet. If I have the energy, I'll try to clear the steps to the deck better, as they could really use some ice melt about now. DS is coming for supper tomorrow unless he has to work. It will depend on the weather, but I'm getting everything ready anyway. He lives close by, so I can drop it off at the house for him, or he can pick it up on his way home.

Have a good day! Don't overdo it if you'll be shoveling. Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

Blessings to all....

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning to Harlene, Pinky and Bobbiesue!

It's clear out now, but forecast is snow - if it's not bad tomorrow we are going early in the morning to my sister, Deil's and take her to Mass. This is an hour and a half away. Also Linus wants to fix a drain in her downstairs shower. Pinky Ann, I think you did mention that was one decade, I have the one decade too, in a bracelet. Yours sounds very pretty. Well, if I get enough energy, I'll start making some bread.

Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

Haven't stopped by in a while, but wanted to wish everyone a good weekend.

We have about 4 inches of snow. It is supposed to turn to rain, so hopefully I won't have to shovel or use the snowblower. I have been spoiled all these years since DH was in charge of snow removal.

Have a good weekend and stay safe and warm if you are in the path of any bad weather.

Cakers....hope you are doing well. Haven't "seen" you in a while.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Shorlady just stopped by to send you a big hello. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for stopping by, shorelady! So nice to see you here! It's always nice to know how you are and what's going on in your life. You should have someone do the shoveling, my dear! We may get the inches tomorrow, we'll see.

Thought this would be a nice thing to post here:

Super Contributor

Good afternoon!

I thought I'd drop by for a few and just say hello to everyone. Take care with all that snow. I'm sure it is hardly anything to you that live up north or where snow is common in the winter. Every time we hear the word snow mentioned down south, we go into panic mode. lol Just be careful while you are shoveling and getting out in it.

While running errands this morning we drove past a farm and saw lots of baby cows. Oh, they are so cute.

Not much more to say so I will hush.

Enjoy your day and may the Lord bless you with all good things.

Be still, and know.