Honored Contributor

Retirement Resolutions/Ideas 2015

We will see if I can dedicate this EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR...!!! for 2015! Some people are just so talented! Please add any resolutions you may have... they don't have to be only Retirement Resolutions (although mine are)... they can be lifestyle related; non-clutter related; decorating related; food related; you get the idea. Please share what's on your mind....

Resolution Day #1... be ready for guests

/></p> <p style= Some of you are sighing with relief after having had a crowd... some people (like me) are sighing, grateful for having had a laid-back holiday... my freebies from the dentist today will go into the guest bath just in case someone leaves home without theirs!

More ideas (such as the picture above) to come:... the votive above can be made from wide script ribbon... my ribbon is on its way to me!

Update: started my walking program yesterday and already feel better! Saw grandbaby and have been available to texts from family (nice!); meeting with friends tonight for dinner; tossing make-up stuff opened but unused left and right!; de-cluttering closet

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Retirement Resolutions/Ideas 2015

This is the enamel label guest idea -- waiting for it to arrive:

Honored Contributor

Because today is Friday... and no longer a WHEW

Honored Contributor

Loves,

I'm working on a project. It was freezing rain today, so I didn't head out, but here is an example of what I'm doing. Smile

I have fish napkin rings that I am going to make into a scarf rack for my closet. I started drilling the holes today but my drill needs to charge so I'm only halfway done with the drilling.

Honored Contributor

Ok Loves, I finished my custom fish scarf holder! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It's hanging on that unused wall space in my closet now.

I went to Lowe's and had them cut down a board, used my scrap fabric and stapled it to the back (with my staple gun) and hammered in each fish. I added some ribbon just to be a bit fancy (and cover the nail holes).

Trusted Contributor

Hello Loves....

Honored Contributor

hello, Bobbisue!! How are you doing? Staying warm inside, I hope!

lola... what a great idea! Love it!

Have been thinking about ideas to post here... the items in our house are still being "retired" along with their owner!

We have been driving by the HS on our way to walk... DH mentioned would I like to sing "na na na na boo boo" as we go by. True... it IS fun!

Walking is good exercise, and at the mall, it can be accomplished in any weather. There are actually quite a few doing this also -- preferably before the shops open! Window shopping is tempting!

We will be heading out tonight for non-fattening fried catfish (ha)! My friend from school will fill me in on all of the deets!

The photographing and listing continues... a person might be amazed at what sells... oh, my!

Honored Contributor

For anyone who has retired and can relate: I am staying busier than I thought! We are de-cluttering -- this may sound boring but its not.

I have been trying on tops to see which to keep/which to donate.

Yesterday, as we drove by the school from which I retired. I had to laugh with glee... so I texted a friend inside the building and teased her about my car not being there! Too bad, so sad!

Home projects are fun... and turning out better than expected. French script ribbon and kitchen towels are just making it so nice to once again be able to have time to enjoy our home!

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 lovestoteach said:

making it so nice to once again be able to have time to enjoy our home!

The key to a happy retirement is to find something you enjoy. I'm not the kind of person who likes to be on the go all day long, so I would be more than happy to retire and stay at home.