Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah, and Happy Weekend to All

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe, and a happy December weekend to all.

I hope you're all enjoying Chanukah. Enjoy the meaning of the holiday and the miracle it represents. In the glow of the candles, enjoy the potato latkes, (thin and crispy, of course), the doughnuts and all of the traditions that the holiday represents.

May all your loved ones be healthy, and if they are ill, may they soon be well.

May you be blessed with the love and warmth of family and friends every day of the year, not just on holidays and special occasions.

May your burdens and worries blow away with the wind.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Many prayers for our country's well being and world peace. Bless the leaders who keep our country strong with wisdom and courage, and PLEASE give them the strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in this country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy.

May your parents and your children be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are feeling well or getting better.

I'm not going to get political, here of all places, but I feel so grateful to be an American and have the right to express my opinions and ideas peacefully. G-d bless America.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. It's not so easy around the holidays, but we try to make the best, if not for ourselves, then for our family.

Try to do a good deed for a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Donna, I hope your mom is resting comfortably.

Hugs to all xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah, and Happy Weekend to All

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah Sunny and friends,

I again echo Sunny's beautiful thoughts.

We need to count our blessings even when they are hard to find.

I am happy that steps towards peace with our neighboring country are in process.

Wishing everyone good health and happiness this holiday season.

henny

Trusted Contributor

Peace to all and happy holidays. I sure would love to taste some of the Jewish food. It all sounds so good....Have a great 2015.

Honored Contributor

Shabbot shalom and happy chanukah so far I am 3 for 3 in lighting my candles lol.

I saw a recipe for latkes using a waffle iron to make them.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/09/latke-waffles/

I might have to try them this weekend Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Chanukah, many, many more to come!!!

Regular Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe. Have a wonderful weekend to all who post here. My mom is in the hospital, and I promised her that we will stop at the store for potatoes when she comes home. She can't wait for pototo latkes. They are worth the oil intake.
Esteemed Contributor

lechathouse, I'm so sorry your dear mom is in the hospital. I hope it's not serious, and she will soon be well and be able to eat your potato latkes. Sending prayers and healing hugs xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Good Shabbos to all who observe. Happy Chanukah. Did anyone leave me any latkes? Wink

I did not get to make latkes with my dear friend, but she sent some over for me! YUMMY!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Safe travels to anyone traveling for the holidays. My son is coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to give him a hug.

I'm grateful for the blessing in my life. I am one very lucky lady.

Sunny, thank you for this thread. It starts the weekend off on a positive note!

Thank you for the good wishes for my mom. I am glad I'll be with her and my dad on Xmas Eve.

lechathouse, I hope your mom is home soon.

For anyone reading or posting that celebrates Christmas, may you have a blessed holiday.

Ellen, {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I spent the majority of the afternoon dipping pretzels, nuts and fruits in chocolate. Leaving you all some to enjoy. This looks very much like what I made today.

Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

Good Shabbos Everyone!

So glad there is a place to come to share our Shabbot wishes.

dmod nj! Wow... those pretzels look amazing! Never seen that treat before.

I hope everyone has a safe week ahead. I know where I live, it's crazy. The drivers, the crowds, it's all so stressed and rushed. I am glad at least that the Jewish holidays don't bring us such stress and worry. I love our traditions.

Thank you to all for your support and kindness. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Valued Contributor

Good Shabbos, Chag Sameach, and wishing everyone a great weekend.

Lechathouse, I hope your mother leaves the hospital soon so she can enjoy those latkes.

Donna, your pretzels are beautiful!