Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Hello my friends! Here I am trying to post my thread I prepared on here with my tablet. Wish me luck!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Nope! No can do - yet. Sorry for the mess! And I can't get rid of it.
Esteemed Contributor

It is you, not where you are or what you have, that makes the difference. Lord, may I always blossom where I am planted . S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y "I will look to the LORD, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me." ~Micah 7:7 M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y We can admit our own helplessness. God will hear our prayer. Our own need can be recognized, then we can ask God for the strength to meet that need. But once that need is recognized, our prayer is heard above all the music of heaven. It is not theological arguments that solve the problems of the questing soul, but the sincere cry of that soul to God for strength and the certainty of that soul that the cry can be heard and answered. P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y I pray that I may be humble enough to realize my need and ask for help. I pray that I may fell certain that God will hear and answer my prayer.
Esteemed Contributor

Today's readings 12/17/14 Gen49:2, 8-10; Ps.72:1-4, 7-8, 17; Mt.1:1-17 In reading the long Genealogy of Jesus we find the name of Solomon, the inspired author of the beautiful prayer of petition that is the responsorial psalm in today's liturgy. Listening to this wise young king pour out his heart to God reveals the heart of a true servant of both God and "the people" he mentions not once but three times, and whenever something is repeated like that in scripture it's meant to drive home a very important point, one that has implications in all of our lives. The point is in order to serve God one must put the service of others ahead of the service of oneself, something that can clearly be seen when we read today's psalm. But in a much more subtle way it can also be seen in the Genealogy of Jesus I hope and pray that you all take the time to prayerfully read because of the powerful message it delivers. From start to finish it's really all about "the next guy" so to speak, it's all about the one who will continue the work begun by their predecessor, and with that being said it's not hard to see how all this applies to us. Like I've said many times before the Genealogy of Jesus is an open-ended lineage that can and should contain each one of our names as well, and if our lives are all about serving God and "the people" we are called to inspire to serve in our place after us I can assure you our names are written in The Lamb's Book of Life somewhere after the Name of Jesus! God bless you, In Jesus - Pat
Trusted Contributor

Gloriajean, specific to these forums, when posting by mobile devices (tablets, cell phones, etc.) you will need to include the HTML tags manually if you want full-sized text and paragraphs. This site is not compatible with mobile devices.

Begin each paragraph by typing this:

and end each paragraph by typing this:

(Remove the question marks I had to include so the tag would display here for you.

If you want bold text, you must also include these tags: and before and after each paragraph (removing the question marks again).

Hence your first paragraph will look like this after you hit submit:

Hello, my friends. Here I am ...

You can save these tags to "shortcuts" on your device to save time.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful Christmas in TX with your family!

ETA: wow, tried to help you but apparently the tags autocorrect here and will no longer display, but if you hit quote on this post, you should be able to see them, gloriajean and figure it out from there.

Trusted Contributor

For full-sized text and paragraphs, begin each paragraph by putting the letter p between these <>, and end each paragraph by putting / and the letter p between these <>.

To make bold text, include the word strong between these <> and end with / and the word strong between these <>.

Trusted Contributor

Ha! Where there's a will ...

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Seleh! Very complicated for this old lady! You're sweet to be of help! It looks like it would be very time consuming, right?
Trusted Contributor

Gloriajean, while it's unbelievable that these steps are necessary to post here by mobile devices---at a major retailer, who sells them!---It's not that time consuming once you get used to it, or save the tags to your device's "shortcuts". Puzzling to me is why they're making it impossible to display the tags here any longer to help each other out. I've texted Joy to check in here. She taught us a long time ago on the Light/Deep thread. She will be able to help you better than I, esp since I'm confined to bed and using thumbs to type on my cell phone.

Best to warn you, too, that if trying to post graphics from a mobile device, you will have to upload them to Photobucket (problematic itself) first, then paste the HTML code here.

All this WORK, only to have the server often time-out and the whole job lost, is why many rarely post here and have moved elsewhere to more MODERN sites.

Hey, I'm an old lady, too! Age 58. In fact my nic elsewhere is "Luke's Old Lady"! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But it's not that we're too old, the formatting of this site is!

Respected Contributor

For future reference, and for others using mobile devices here.

photo imagejpg1_zpsbba04e73.jpg

Note the tags will not display in your posts, they will format it correctly.