Super Contributor

Do you like to work puzzles?

I just started a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. It is a Victorian Christmas scene, and I couldn't resist it. It is hard, though. Also love to do Sudoku, Numbrix, KenKen and the Jumble in the paper everyday. Not so much on crosswords, but most everything else. Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like to work puzzles?

DH does but I do not. When he was a young boy his grandmother lived with his family and they spent a lot of time working puzzles together. He still seems to have a knack for finding puzzle pieces that fit.

Have fun with your puzzle. Perhaps you can frame it once it's completed.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I do, but haven't done one yet. I have a hook rug to tackle before too long. I keep putting it off.

Super Contributor

I do crossword puzzles! Sometimes I get all the other words, sometimes not! I'm learning new words, though!

Honored Contributor

Not my ""cup a tea""!
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I love to do puzzles particularly different types of Sudoku.

After I had a stroke and lost my memory, in therapy I started doing jig-saw puzzles online. I still do about a half dozen every day. When I first started, I simply moved pieces randomly. Eventually I began to study colors, patterns and shapes. It is great for your memory and in my case because I had partial paralysis, moving the mouse helped my dexterity.

Esteemed Contributor

my friend and I use to do jig-saw puzzles....but I haven't in years....however...I do crossword puzzles everyday...love them....

Respected Contributor

I don't do jigsaw puzzles, but pretty much every number and word puzzle: crosswords, ken ken, Sudoku, kakuro, cryptograms, anagrams. My paper has at least five every day. The only one I skip over when I see it is the Scrabble one.
Trusted Contributor

I have other hobbies, but occasionally like to work on a jigsaw puzzle, 1000 pieces or less. Right now, I don't have anyplace to work on one, where I could leave it in place.

We are in the very long process of redoing the old basement rec room. It's mostly going to be a man cave.....exercise equipment, pool table, etc. But, the one thing I've requested is a nice table to put near the sliding doors...where I can look outside at the woods and work on puzzles. I think it would be a great way to pass the time while I am doing the laundry, and I wouldn't have to run up and down the steps all day. My knees are getting too old for that, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

On the mornings where DH has a few extra minutes we do a crossword puzzle together.

Haven't tried jigsaws but have been thinking about them.