Trusted Contributor

Has anyone had this problem and surgery? Nurse Practictioner noticed my stomach and told me I had one. Scheduled for a CT scan in early January.

Trusted Contributor

I have not, henderson, but hopefully others who have will see this and respond. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good and speedy recovery.

Trusted Contributor

They found that I had one when I had my gall bladder out so they just removed it then.

Jessa
Regular Contributor

Are you referring to an umbelical hernia? I have one of those but the doctor said to ignore it.

Honored Contributor
I had an abdominal hernia repaired several years ago. It was a scope surgery and a pretty simple and easy recovery for me. In less than 2 weeks my surgeon removed all activitiy restrictions. If it can be done by scope? Not much to it, at least it wasn't for me.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

My DH is scheduled for umbilical hernia repair on 12/31, traditional method. It will be outpatient. He has had this for quite some time but it has been bothering him quite a bit lately. His activity will be restricted to walking only for at least four weeks.

He is over 70 years old and doesn't view it as a big deal in the overall scheme of things. I assume you are quite a bit younger. My advice to you would be to find a doctor who specializes in this area and does a LOT of them and is also BOARD CERTIFIED.

In Sunny AZ