Respected Contributor

Gourmet popcorn for gifts. What brand do you recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet popcorn for gifts. What brand do you recommend?

If you have any of those artisan shops or small business merchants in your area I would try to get a good local brand.

Honored Contributor

I agree, a local brand would be better. The Popcorn Factory and Harry and David's etc... don't taste that good, anymore. Not enough toppings/seasonings on them, and sometimes stale.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some with a name brand called Utz. Folks seemed to like it. I also bought their pretzels - in the barrel, and they were very welcomed and gone in a short time. Hope this helps.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Garrett popcorn is great! When Oprah's show was on before she left, she mentioned her favorite popcorn, and because I had tried others and wasn't pleased, I tried this company, and it is superior.

ETA: I just received the Hampton popcorn from here, and it is good, but I think I prefer Garrett's.

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend nuts.com. I have bought many items from them and they are all excellent quality and delicious. Very fresh and delivered promptly. Customer Service is friendly and helpful.

Respected Contributor

Google Popcornopolis. They have tins of different varieties (cheese, choc etc) They also sell at Gelson's clear cornicopia bags of different types. Their popcorn is very good. I believe I saw it at Costco also.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I went with the Garrett and ordered it for gifts.